A statement

A statement from myself and as Minister of Defence of the United Blue Directorate.

Well looks like I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar and for that I am sorry. Contrary to MK statements, no I was not after "military secrets", I was after a recruiting program that I found in CNTE one day and that subsequently disappeared. I had tracked this down to a MK nation and thought I could find it. I am now paying for my actions. This was a personal operation, the reason Slybomber or anyone else knew nothing else about this was simply because I did not deem to inform them. They are as much innocents as are the general membership of the UBD.

Not to say I don't appreciate apologies to people, but you didn't get your hand caught in a small cookie jar, but a big one. What you were looking for doesn't mitigate the circumstance, I'm sorry to say. Actually, I'm not. Either way, what you're looking for seems to be propertary information. You probably should of asked for help rather than tried to take. Then again, I'm sure MK thanks you for the war practice. It is a shame you let down whoever counted on you as a treaty partner and the general population of your alliance. Your words probably leave a bitter taste in their mouth.

I think it also safe to say that the United Blue Directorate shall not be seeking, and if as is highly doubtful, shall be rejecting military assistance from mutual defence and optional defence treaty partners.

I'd love to say that's not your call, but it seems your short on allies at this stage. Which brings me to my "Ghostlin Says" part of the program. Don't sign mutual anything with anyone if you can't trust the alliance you're friends with so well to do obvious things like not spy. Since you 'fessed up to it, most folks around here consider spying an aggressive act, so unless you have oA's or greater, don't worry, I don't think anyone will come to your defense now.

I have made my apologies to the membership and Directors of the UBD and I have only one logicial and remaining honourable thing left to do. I herby subsequently resign, as has Slybomber already, from both my ministership of the United Blue Directorate, and my membership of the United Blue Directorate. I do hope that these actions might shorten the suffering of the United Blue Directorate membership. Sad tidings, two and a half years of effort in the United Blue Directorate come to an end in the hands of a foreign power. If my shame is too great to return to the United Blue Directorate after this war is done, I shall perfom my hara kari and commit a bLUEicide, something that I think many people have not seen in a while. Time may tell.

Think about what you just said. This is the most illogical thing you just said. You're the Minister of Defense and now you're resigning from the alliance you're supposed to be helping to defend during war. I can't even come up with an adequate correlary to describe it. You're going to abandon your people in a war for a cause that won't help instead of doing your job and maybe showing the same people while you have horrid judgement, that you're good at what you do. That they were right to join UBD and their forces. I don't think you'll win, but you have a possibility of doing damage and perhaps have your alliance gain face.

And I thank you preemptively for punishing the rest of the cyberverse in advance with your actions.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twas a mistype. Continuum. Oh boy, I'm gonna get alot of flak in the future for this one. That, and typing should require thinking first. Future posters be warned.

Your flub brings me great joy. I'm glad we could all learn from it. :popcorn:

Everyone understands that Mdnss is still being ZI'd even though he resigned from the Directorate. He's not abandoning his alliance, he's removing himself as part of a cancer that the CN world will remember for quite awhile. Same reason Slybomber as well as myself have also resigned

Edit: Oh bloody hell I knew there was something - FoB. It happens that MK has a, uh...dearth of smaller nations. And UBD has a plethora of them. And we have a fairly large protectorate who could use some war experience. They also complement our nation distribution. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Thanks pops. :wub:

Regardless of did or did not happen, mdnss69, you are still a good guy. You made a mistake, a shockingly big mistake, and here's to you o/, for trying to turn things around.

I have made my apologies to the membership and Directors of the UBD and I have only one logicial and remaining honourable thing left to do. I herby subsequently resign, as has Slybomber already, from both my ministership of the United Blue Directorate, and my membership of the United Blue Directorate

As quoted, while his reasons for leaving UBD may seem to be unclear, Mdnss IS taking responsibility and is doing what he can, in his own way. Lay off him. He isn't going "MK is fail, bad MK, MK why? MK sucks, etc..."

Edited by AuiNur

Regardless of did or did not happen, mdnss69, you are still a good guy. You made a mistake, a shockingly big mistake, and here's to you o/, for trying to turn things around.

As quoted, while his reasons for leaving UBD may seem to be unclear, Mdnss IS taking responsibility and is doing what he can, in his own way. Lay off him. He isn't going "MK is fail, bad MK, MK why? MK sucks, etc..."

I agree with AuiNur, Mdnss, is owning up to what he's done, and feels he's shamed his alliance, and so the only logical thing to do would be to leave it to stop further problems

Lets face it, im nost cases where a spy is found, if they do not leave the alliance the alliance is treated badly, often times, the wars are worse because of it.

He appologized, and came here to make it clear that his mistakes are his own, and you people do nothing but geer and shoot him down.

Shame on you.

He appologized, and came here to make it clear that his mistakes are his own, and you people do nothing but geer and shoot him down.

Shame on you.

Absolutly correct.

It's a human error, we all make them. Some just have more consequences than others.

I would think MK to be more reliable, but if what you say is true (which is basically just MK's word vs. UBD's word) then they shouldn't punish them and change their reason of DoW.

This should be interesting... :popcorn:

So if they spied, BUT IT WAS HARMLESS AND FAILED AND THEY'RE SORRY, it's okay and we are monsters for exacting punishment on them?

What would you have our CB rather be? They spied, but they're sorry?

Come on now... Really? :huh:

No one "offered me up" I went on my own. Slybomber was forced to either lie with me or show that I was lying, and I don't think he wanted to lose 2 friends...

But they had his IP in the beginning, and checked it on some allies board against mdnss's, so they had us

It would've been rather silly to go to your alliance tossing an accusation around. I bet you crapped yourself when we mentioned that the IP belonged to your minister of defense :P

What exactly is a LUEicide?... Sorry, haven't been here forever you know.

Breaking all of the rules of the forum's ToS in a single post.

Also, guys, if you want the logs with Slybomber from last night, follow the instructions in the MK DoW (Contact a high gov member), and they'll provide you/your alliance with a redacted version, without the IP addresses.

Sorry doesn't make it alright, guys. Seriously. Just be lucky you're only getting smacked for a week and not endlessly like FAN. An alliance takes the punishment for their leader's actions. That's how it works; you elect a leader and follow him, you have to go down with him when he makes mistakes. CN 101.

Edited by o ya baby

I just want to know....

why even attempt to spy on any alliance.

Consider a hypothetical situation where your alliance has been declared upon by a much stronger alliance without treaty obligation or casus belli. All of your allies have wars of their own to deal with or are under surrender terms and are unable to help. Your alliance is already damaged beyond any reasonable expectation of salvation. Your options are limited to surrendering, disbanding or finding another method to take war to the enemy.

Spying, infiltration, subversion and insurgency become very attractive options.

No one "offered me up" I went on my own. Slybomber was forced to either lie with me or show that I was lying, and I don't think he wanted to lose 2 friends...

But they had his IP in the beginning, and checked it on some allies board against mdnss's, so they had us

I can't tell if that's an admission of guilt or not. mdnss69 said that neither you or Slybomber had any part in this. Archon said slybomber implicated you, and you're not really telling us anything with this response. Were you also spying? If so who and what was your target?

Consider a hypothetical situation where your alliance has been declared upon by a much stronger alliance without treaty obligation or casus belli. All of your allies have wars of their own to deal with or are under surrender terms and are unable to help. Your alliance is already damaged beyond any reasonable expectation of salvation. Your options are limited to surrendering, disbanding or finding another method to take war to the enemy.

Spying, infiltration, subversion and insurgency become very attractive options.

Or you could have accepted the white peace we've offered multiple times. Stop acting like a victim, you and your alliance chose this path when we've offered you ways out.

Same sentiment here.

Mdnss, I haven't known you all that long but you've been a great diplomat to NADC-- you were the one to open up valuable relations between us that holds to this day.

You probably got caught up in the war rumor mess and wanted to help out whatever way possible, I'm just sad you didn't come to us first for guides/whatnot.

Just a note that we have no desire to see the government of UBD gutted and even though we intend on ZIing these three government members, it is not our intent to force them out of their alliance, voluntarily or otherwise, and that their leaving or staying won't have an impact on our execution of this war. They can of course chose to leave but that is independent of MK's wishes.

I think MK is being more than reasonable here.

Also, I don't like the idea of "only punish the ones responsible" when the ones responsible are government. The government represents the alliance on the world stage. If the government is incompetent (like it was here) then the citizenry must be re-educated on the importance of retaining good governance.

Not to beat a dead horse on UBD's government being incompetent, but yeah you guys might want to coordinate your statements before you make more statements on the OWF.

Or you could have accepted the white peace we've offered multiple times. Stop acting like a victim, you and your alliance chose this path when we've offered you ways out.

Obviously you as the aggressor are the victim, what was I thinking. :P

Your first point I pre-emptively covered in the post you quoted, did you miss that bit?

Also I forgot to mention how much fun it is sitting back and watching an incompetent alliance being totally impotent. :awesome: