Announcement from the Viridian Entente

At King Penchuck and The AUT, wasn't it NpO who got into an unnecessary scuffle with VE for simply mediating a conflict between Polar and FIST over that whole impersonation thing? I'm sure it made VE regret dropping Polar as treaty partners :rolleyes:
You mean when when Ardus blind-sided Sponge by bringing him into a channel full of "concerned citizens" like Heft from IRON and proceeded to demand Chickenzilla's expulsion because he gave people special access to the secret resignation board? I remember that. I also remember Sponge responding like a #$%^#@ off tiger backed into a corner. Gee, remembering a decidedly partisan view of history is fun and totally irrelevant!

Also interesting show VE, I give you props for stirring the pot. I'm sure you made old man Sponge proud. :P

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canceling treaties with NPO and IRON is an opportunistic move these days?

If it pans out how they hope, I believe it will be considered oppurtunistic.

Like I said, if Virdia makes it through a major losing war, and does NOT disband, they will have my personal apology. However, we must remember who they are. How they disbanded during war, and then how they came back when the oppurtunity was ripe. That is oppurtunism, and until I see otherwise from them, I will see them as an oppurtunistic alliance.

edit: Back to the treaty. One would think you would be highly selective of your MADP partners. Is Virdia selective of her treaty partners, and the situations changed, or does she hand out treaties such as these without question?

Edited by youwish959

Quick shanprice join ODN before you continue to spread!

Errr... what? I fail to see how your ill-informed sniping has anything at all to do with VE dropping treaties, etc.

Edited by Style 386

I've just invented a new disease.

Shaneprincitis - a psychological disorder which manifests as a clinical inability to be allied to members of OneVision. Transmission is highly effective, with a single Shaneprice organism being able to infect the host in most situations. However, this organism thrives and grows in the body's CNS (spine and brain). Hosts who lack a CNS will find themselves immune to Shanepricitis.

So I lack a spine and brain becuase I support my alliance and our allies? Nice to know.

Kind of funny how the people "with spines" complain from afar while us "spineless, brainless" folks are just sitting around waiting for a real challenge. :jihad:

So canceling a treaty without informing the other party first is an honorable and respectful action now?

You can't very well pick from a batch of horrible things your own allies have done in the past, you need be held accountable for all of their errors when you try and speak the way you have been. All of them. Canceling treaties without notice, outright not honoring treaties, spying, etc. I do believe at one point or another, an ally of yours canceled an alliance and ignored the cancellation period.

So, what I'm saying, is that the very same accusations you make are things everyone here has seen you and yours do in the past.

Thus, it's funny.

You mean when when Ardus blind-sided Sponge by bringing him into a channel full of "concerned citizens" like Heft from IRON and proceeded to demand Chickenzilla's expulsion because he gave people special access to the secret resignation board? I remember that. I also remember Sponge responding like a #$%^#@ off tiger backed into a corner. Gee, remembering a decidedly partisan view of history is fun and totally irrelevant!

Edit3: No we are referring to the same thing :P

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=26941

Scroll down to the logs between VE gov and Sponge. They speak for themselves, regardless of who was in the room at the time. No need to remember a partisan view of history when we have logs of what happened :P

Edited by DerekJones

So I lack a spine and brain becuase I support my alliance and our allies? Nice to know.

Kind of funny how the people "with spines" complain from afar while us "spineless, brainless" folks are just sitting around waiting for a real challenge. :jihad:

What? A real challenge?

This coming from an alliance that won't go to war without have 20x the NS of their opponent on their side.

That's how most of the alliances in CN are. I know it is an insult to be in that group, but you make it out much worse than it is

I fail to see how I made it out worse than it is. I said they do not have my respect.

Errr... what? I fail to see how your ill-informed sniping has anything at all to do with VE dropping treaties, etc.

Oh its not ill informed history has taught us well about the ODN's spine or lack there of. My comment was directly in response to Hizzy's and if you guys can't take a joke than well I honestly don't care.

Didn't bother to read the terms of the GGA treaty or they would have noticed that they just breached their treaty.

I just need to know one thing. Will this be used to justify a war against VE spearheaded by GGA? If so, that is freakin' awesome.

"Sorry, you didn't cancel correctly. Eat nukez nao."

I just need to know one thing. Will this be used to justify a war against VE spearheaded by GGA? If so, that is freakin' awesome.

"Sorry, you didn't cancel correctly. Eat nukez nao."

How didn't they cancel correctly?

They DID cancel correctly.

It never stated it COULDN'T be announced, just that it HAD to be announced after the expiration.

it was announced.... just in OWF and not in private.....

VE had enough of the BS and finally stood up for herself.....

If two partners come to a fork in the road and decide to travel down different paths, isnt it best to let the other one go? Or is it best to just follow them with a noose around your neck stepping on eggshells everyday afraid if you disagree with them they will just find the nearest tree and string you up.

VE cut the noose and said to hell with it ....this is the path we want and is blazing her own new trail free of fear and free of the noose that once bound her.

If it pans out how they hope, I believe it will be considered oppurtunistic.

Like I said, if Virdia makes it through a major losing war, and does NOT disband, they will have my personal apology. However, we must remember who they are. How they disbanded during war, and then how they came back when the oppurtunity was ripe. That is oppurtunism, and until I see otherwise from them, I will see them as an oppurtunistic alliance.

edit: Back to the treaty. One would think you would be highly selective of your MADP partners. Is Virdia selective of her treaty partners, and the situations changed, or does she hand out treaties such as these without question?

Viridia does not dole out these treaties without careful thought or planning. We have had these treaties for quite some time. But, people change; and with these changes come decisions on how we will play into the ripple effect.

<snip>

If two partners come to a fork in the road and decide to travel down different paths, isnt it best to let the other one go? <snip>

Well it might be a good idea to actually let your partner know the reasons in detail for why you're charging off in another direction so that they might consider their own path, I suppose. I mean, I think that's the mature way of behaving towards those who you call your friends (or were once friends), rather than being relatively uncommunicative about the matter.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

Does RIA have issues with Q?

Straws.jpg

These seem to have eluded your grasp.

Srgt was joking. He's not the most diplomatic guy, but I kind of doubt he meant any genuine ill-will.

Chill.

How didn't they cancel correctly?

They DID cancel correctly.

It never stated it COULDN'T be announced, just that it HAD to be announced after the expiration.

I didn't read the treaty, I was just quoting the fellow that said they had violated it. Perception is reality, right? Anywayas, I'm sure that there is a semantic argument to be made by our e-lawyers. "Semantics" is still technically a step up from, "No CB, just die."

I don't know if I should point out how badly you missed the joke, or just let you sit there feeling good about yourself while oblivious to what's going on.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that VE has finally seen the light and realised what a miserable excuse for a "friend" the Great Satan can be, but I will not forget that they sold us out and helped Polar's enemies in the war.

Not everyone currently in VE participated in that war...

What? A real challenge?

This coming from an alliance that won't go to war without have 20x the NS of their opponent on their side.

1. I don't have a say. I prefer even sided conflicts.

2. We have no control over the size of the opposition or their ability to muster support.

3. We aren't the only one's allowed to start wars. If there is so much evidence of wrong doing on our part, as you claim, what's stopping you?

4. This is getting off topic.