Announcement from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Insulted.

But I didn't go airing it out. I've always felt it's better to be the bigger man.

They shouldn't have to be the "bigger men", their allies should treat them with respect and dignity.

Edited by Vilien

"You can't fire me, I quit!"

They made it perfectly clear that IRON cancelled which means your analogy falls flat on its face.

Also, I'm curious: what sparked the apology since a week ago you were pretty adamant that it wasn't called for?

Some people aren't above re-evaluating their position and swallowing their pride.

They shouldn't have to be the "bigger men", their allies should treat them with respect and dignity.

That would be nice. I could go rambling on about other principles that would be nice to see as well, but this thread isn't really the place for an exposition of principles.

It's about three treaty cancellations, one of which seems to have triggered the other two.

That would be nice. I could go rambling on about other principles that would be nice to see as well, but this thread isn't really the place for an exposition of principles.

It's about three treaty cancellations, one of which seems to have triggered the other two.

Actually, that's exactly what it is.

Yes it is. That's exactly what this is about. It's what the whole damn thing is about. This is fundamentally a conflict between those who adhere to a set of honorable, morally sound principles, and those who sacrifice those principles for personal gain. It's the result of years of the same process, whereby alliances with any desire to change the established order get stomped into the ground.

VE is taking a stand. They want to see this damnable process end. We are taking a stand. It's time to end this.

Are we referring to Electron Sponge before the Pacifica-Polaris dispute? I'm just curious?

Yes we are referring to Electron Sponge. You get +2 Kat points for figuring out my not-so-veiled references.

Yes it is. That's exactly what this is about. It's what the whole damn thing is about. This is fundamentally a conflict between those who adhere to a set of honorable, morally sound principles, and those who sacrifice those principles for personal gain. It's the result of years of the same process, whereby alliances with any desire to change the established order get stomped into the ground.

VE is taking a stand. They want to see this damnable process end. We are taking a stand. It's time to end this.

My, I think you've got this one figured out. ;)

Yes it did. Cancellations for no reason are bad. Justification are good.

I think most would agree it wasn't an insult. It was simply, the truth.

The reasons could have been adequately conveyed in private as well as a notice of cancellation, that would have been honorable. Instead VE have publicly bashed on there former allies in an attempt to glorify their cancellations. That is reality. Maybe I am old school but I am of the opinion that no soap opera is needed when it comes to treaty cancellations unless there are alternative motives at play, such as making your own balls look larger than they are in reality. Best of luck with that I guess.

They made it perfectly clear that IRON cancelled which means your analogy falls flat on its face.

Some people aren't above re-evaluating their position and swallowing their pride.

How convenient they should choose this moment to announce their apology, personally I feel it deserved it's own thread but I'll digress.

Are you claiming that NPO and GGA also canceled, because you are wrong if that is what you are trying to say.

I missed the part where I said/tried to say that.

Some people view VE as pre-emptively cancelling treaties which would have been cancelled anyways. This opinion is made ridiculously obvious through the various "You can't fire me, I quit!" analogies, which the majority of us seem to have picked up on. They cancelled pre-emptively on NPO and GGA (maybe, maybe not, though some people seem to think so), however IRON beat them to the punch.

You pointed out that IRON (one of the three alliances in question) cancelled first. So they did. Hence, one out of three.

As for the rest of you. If someone accused me of treating them as a second-tier ally, I'd feel insulted.

Wouldn't you?

I would feel a tad insulted. In fact I recall TPF canceling a treaty for this reason in the past, and getting called out on it.

I missed the part where I said/tried to say that.

Some people view VE as pre-emptively cancelling treaties which would have been cancelled anyways. This opinion is made ridiculously obvious through the various "You can't fire me, I quit!" analogies, which the majority of us seem to have picked up on. They cancelled pre-emptively on NPO and GGA (maybe, maybe not, though some people seem to think so), however IRON beat them to the punch.

You pointed out that IRON (one of the three alliances in question) cancelled first. So they did. Hence, one out of three.

Ah, I thought you meant that the admitted 1 out of 3 which is where I saw the implication that GGA and NPO canceled first. Now that we have that out of teh way, I have reason to believe that this was not a preemptive cancellation but I am not one to debate what would hav ehappened I just go by what actually did.

The reasons could have been adequately conveyed in private as well as a notice of cancellation, that would have been honorable. Instead VE have publicly bashed on there former allies in an attempt to glorify their cancellations. That is reality. Maybe I am old school but I am of the opinion that no soap opera is needed when it comes to treaty cancellations unless there are alternative motives at play, such as making your own balls look larger than they are in reality. Best of luck with that I guess.

So because they made a public announcement about their treaty cancellations, they're flaunting their balls?

Shall I go through the archives and see how many times IRON and others have publically announced treaty cancellations?

So because they made a public announcement about their treaty cancellations, they're flaunting their balls?

Shall I go through the archives and see how many times IRON and others have publically announced treaty cancellations?

Please do go and check I think you will find all our cancellations have been amicable and respectful bar maybe Jarheads.

I think you will also find that we have never posted an alliances cancellation for them.

Edited by MCRABT