Trouble at the MCXA?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its stupid to call someone like that a spy. In this modern age, as everyone likes to point out, being unalligned is not an option, especially when you are a juicy target. People need to join alliances to be protected, even if they are hoping to get themselves together and make a new alliance in the future. Making an alliance takes time, time you cannot spend in peace mode or sitting in the open. Is joining an alliance while just planning to leave shady and low class? You bet your $@! it is. However, it would be a huge leap to call such a move spying.

So ask friends to let you ghost their AA. That's been done before. Say "look, me and my buddies are gonna start a new alliance. Can we ghost y'all for a few days while we prepare so we don't get raided?"

-Bama

So ask friends to let you ghost their AA. That's been done before. Say "look, me and my buddies are gonna start a new alliance. Can we ghost y'all for a few days while we prepare so we don't get raided?"

-Bama

They can't do that. That would make sense.

OK... I kind of thought it was obvious...

This was not well handled on our end. While I'm sure I could come up with things we didn't do wrong, and way's we could have screwed up worse, we certainly handled this poorly at best. I really did think that was obvious.

As I understand it, a lot of what happened resulted as something of a panic reaction when things didn't go as planed. I personally don't really know the exact plan, at least not with enough confidence to come out and state what the intended time line was. But I think others have at least made an attempt.

Again: TSO Screwed up. In a big way. Could probably have been worse, but what happened was Plenty bad enough Thank You Very Much.

As to the USN thing, as I understand it from reading this thread, Jose, better known as "That Dirty Mexican" joined the USN intending to stick around for a while at least. AFTER he joined, he was told what was going to happen Vis a Vie TSO.

Edit: sorry, apparently I've got my people confused, corrected now... Thank you for your patience.

As far as I know, he intended to stick around for a while at least. But... Again that's just from reading this thread.

Finally... TSO screwed up. We could have handled this SO much better. In so many way's. Especially this stupid thread title, and rick rolling people? I mean, come on. What was DragonAspect thinking? Combine that with two people with questionable English skills trying to handle responses? Seriously, what the heck.

Now... can we please just all get along and have a nice tea/pizza/ice cream party?

Edited by Neuromancer7

OK... I kind of thought it was obvious...

This was not well handled on our end. While I'm sure I could come up with things we didn't do wrong, and way's we could have screwed up worse, we certainly handled this poorly at best. I really did think that was obvious.

As I understand it, a lot of what happened resulted as something of a panic reaction when things didn't go as planed. I personally don't really know the exact plan, at least not with enough confidence to come out and state what the intended time line was. But I think others have at least made an attempt.

Again: TSO Screwed up. In a big way. Could probably have been worse, but what happened was Plenty bad enough Thank You Very Much.

As to the USN thing, as I understand it from reading this thread, Jose, better known as "That Dirty Mexican" joined the USN intending to stick around for a while at least. AFTER he joined, he was told what was going to happen Vis a Vie TSO.

Edit: sorry, apparently I've got my people confused, corrected now... Thank you for your patience.

As far as I know, he intended to stick around for a while at least. But... Again that's just from reading this thread.

Finally... TSO screwed up. We could have handled this SO much better. In so many way's. Especially this stupid thread title, and rick rolling people? I mean, come on. What was DragonAspect thinking? Combine that with two people with questionable English skills trying to handle responses? Seriously, what the heck.

Now... can we please just all get along and have a nice tea/pizza/ice cream party?

Ok, I realize someone said early that if you guys could just admit you screwed up everyone could move on, but that was so incredibly not the way to do it.

Not really, no. In this world, if you make mistakes and commit crimes against an organization, often you pay for that. Did you not take part in the attack on Polar, which was admittedly a war to satisfy grudges based on past mistakes?

You didn't just screw up and make a few silly mistakes. It wasn't just a poor thread title and a "rickroll". It was a collection of minor and major infractions. TSO will eventually have to pay for these mistakes, just as every other alliance eventually pays for theirs. No one will give you a "do over" or just forgive you out of the kindness of their hearts. And most importantly, TSO is made up of a group of really hateful and disrespectful players who have shown no mercy or forgiveness in their entire time here. Why you suddenly expect to receive what you were unable to give is beyond me.

As to the USN thing, as I understand it from reading this thread, Grinder better known as TFS joined USN more or less to get away from MCXA. AFTER he joined, he was told what was going to happen Vis a Vie TSO. He was not one of the initial members, and is currently going through our application progress.

Edit: sorry, apparently I've got me people confused, one moment for more accurate information. Thank you for your patience.

Now, I'm curious.

TSO says they had a long term plan. They don't specify what, exactly, but it's probably a bad idea.

Then you find that they panic, and everyone bails out of the alliance, forms TSO and also draws some recently-departed ex-MCXA members from other alliances (like USN).

Do you suppose their plan was to continually leak members into other alliances, and then finally form together once they were all out? Cause to me, that's the only sort of "plan" (lol, I use the word loosely here) that would ever really be affected by having everyone know what was going on. Obviously your "long term plan" wasn't to prepare the people who you "care about" for your departure, cause then if they found out, it wouldn't really matter, would it?

Or, do you think it was all a coincidence?

As to the USN thing, as I understand it from reading this thread, Grinder better known as TFS joined USN more or less to get away from MCXA. AFTER he joined, he was told what was going to happen Vis a Vie TSO. He was not one of the initial members, and is currently going through our application progress.

Is this not direct recruiting from USN, then?

Is this not direct recruiting from USN, then?

No. There is a difference between having a friend telling you that he and many of your other friends are going to be leaving the situation that you left the MCXA to get away from, and then asking to join. And recruiting.

Or should friends not keep in touch and keep each other informed of what's going on?

No. There is a difference between having a friend telling you that he and many of your other friends are going to be leaving the situation that you left the MCXA to get away from, and then asking to join. And recruiting.

You sure about that?

It's rare when a thread actually contains more then one legit CB, goes on for over 60 pages, and still nothing has happened, nor will it happen.

I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Just to reiterate, and it keeps on coming too lol

Or should friends not keep in touch and keep each other informed of what's going on?

I'm going to have to say you're really, really stretching to justify the situation. Alliances have been destroyed for doing just what you're describing.

-Bama

Going hippy is also an option. Perhaps it may result in reduced income for a few days, but it is still an option.

Ok, I realize someone said early that if you guys could just admit you screwed up everyone could move on, but that was so incredibly not the way to do it.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the cupcake here. This alliance really has a lot of problems. Personally I'd like to submit my application for the TSO. You need someone like me to save you from yourselves. Bear in mind I am a former Emperor of the Angry Sponge Alliance, so I may be overqualified, but I think you really do need help. And besides, being the humanitarian I am I can't help but offer to extend a helping hand.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Now, I'm curious.

TSO says they had a long term plan. They don't specify what, exactly, but it's probably a bad idea.

Then you find that they panic, and everyone bails out of the alliance, forms TSO and also draws some recently-departed ex-MCXA members from other alliances (like USN).

Do you suppose their plan was to continually leak members into other alliances, and then finally form together once they were all out? Cause to me, that's the only sort of "plan" (lol, I use the word loosely here) that would ever really be affected by having everyone know what was going on. Obviously your "long term plan" wasn't to prepare the people who you "care about" for your departure, cause then if they found out, it wouldn't really matter, would it?

Or, do you think it was all a coincidence?

Note: I'm currently unaligned in order to continue beating my head against this wall like the Stubborn Cuss I am.

Not exactly. Again, I chose the worst time in a LONG time to be pretty inactive. But, as I understand it, the "Plan" was to take our time in preparing others to take over the government. So that when everyone left the people who would be taking over would be prepared to do so.

When things got accelerated, part of the panic reaction was that many members of the GA basically wanted sam, Celt and company to simply GTFO. At that time it LOOKED like Dr. Fresh and Gopherbashi had most of the director slots filled, and it LOOKED like it shouldn't be too bad.

And since many people just wanted TSO to leave at that point... We more or less did.

Now that TSO's had the opportunity to talk with the MCXA government clearly things were not as prepared as we thought.

So, again, TSO screwed up.

:blink: .....

You...

I...

ah...

$%&@ it I give up.

I'm going to have to say you're really, really stretching to justify the situation. Alliances have been destroyed for doing just what you're describing.

No I'm really not. Maybe you don't have any friends in alliances other then your own. But some of us do.

And usually when we plan on changing Alliance Affiliations... We talk about it to our friends.

If you can't see the difference there, then there's nothing that I can do to help I think.

And, in fact I apologize for trying. But, as many people who know me know... I'm an unbelievably stubborn cuss. And while I find it immensely frustrating... I feel compelled to keep metaphorically banging my head against this wall.

Had he not been asked to join, and joined on his own accord, it would not be recruiting.

Note: I'm currently unaligned in order to continue beating my head against this wall like the Stubborn Cuss I am.

Not exactly. Again, I chose the worst time in a LONG time to be pretty inactive. But, as I understand it, the "Plan" was to take our time in preparing others to take over the government. So that when everyone left the people who would be taking over would be prepared to do so.

When things got accelerated, part of the panic reaction was that many members of the GA basically wanted sam, Celt and company to simply GTFO. At that time it LOOKED like Dr. Fresh and Gopherbashi had most of the director slots filled, and it LOOKED like it shouldn't be too bad.

And since many people just wanted TSO to leave at that point... We more or less did.

Now that TSO's had the opportunity to talk with the MCXA government clearly things were not as prepared as we thought.

So, again, TSO screwed up.

So they all had this great plan to help out MCXA which was so helpful that it was kept tightly secret, and when it was found out that they wanted to help out MCXA.... they ran way.... right.

I know you said you were inactive the whole time, but son if that's the story they gave you and you bought it, then I'd like to sell you a bridge I got too.

Had he not been asked to join, and joined on his own accord, it would not be recruiting.

I think that's kind of the point I'm trying to get across.

Let's say you and I are good friends. We have been before we were in the same alliance, and I tell you that me and all these other super cool people are going to go and do our own super cool thing.

Note: in this case, Super Cool is incredibly subjective.

It's recruiting if we ask you to come along. It's just NOT if you choose to come along because that's what you want to do.

And.. I'm sorry, but if you can't see the difference there... PLEASE tell me, so I can ignore you from now on.