Trouble at the MCXA?

There goes what credibility TSO had left. Wow. I was sort of sitting here just making observations, trying to keep an open mind... but wow. I don't care what you say about context, that's straight up treason.

-Bama

Very true.

If TSO are allowed to get away with this (recruiting from another/within an alliance), they will be smashing all past 'recruiting' treason and CB precedents... and TOP would be unfortunately and unknowingly assisting them. (:( )

Hell, I'm going to start recruiting my mates from TOP, Gramlins, MASH and a bunch of others alliances. We may now all start to openly and covertly recruit our friends from various alliances without fear of being rolled /sarcasm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true.

If TSO are allowed to get away with this (recruiting from another/within an alliance), they will be smashing all past 'recruiting' treason and CB precedents... and TOP would be unfortunately and unknowingly assisting them. (:( )

Hell, I'm going to start recruiting my mates from TOP, Gramlins, MASH and a bunch of others alliances. We may now all start to openly and covertly recruit our friends from various alliances without fear of being rolled /sarcasm

Does this mean that it was okay for Vox to recruit from all those alliances back in the day? Awesome. Double Standards FTW.

I meant that Inertia left, and attempted to recruit a large group of government members, deputies, and military officials. The blackmail just made them worse. The point is, Inertia was crucified on OWF, as is TSO.

Oh yeah, I remember Inertia now. Best protectorate request I ever rejected >_>

Trust me, some alliances look at recruiting very strictly. Even hinting at the idea of recruitment is CB for some - I am an authority on what is considered "recruiting" for a Continuum alliance's CB purposes...lol

So if you can even classify what you did even remotely as "recruiting"...then you were recruiting

I realise that I shouldn't have used the term lightly, but keep in mind that the circumstances are very different from any prior situation. Almost all of TSO's members were involved in heavy arguments regarding to the trial drama. There was a division starting to show. That is when myself and several other members left after they got fed up. That's when sam got fed up as well, he mentioned leaving to me once, and I can imagine he mentioned it to others. That's probably where the idea formed.

I realise that I shouldn't have used the term lightly, but keep in mind that the circumstances are very different from any prior situation. Almost all of TSO's members were involved in heavy arguments regarding to the trial drama. There was a division starting to show. That is when myself and several other members left after they got fed up. That's when sam got fed up as well, he mentioned leaving to me once, and I can imagine he mentioned it to others. That's probably where the idea formed.

Yep, that counts as recruiting. :)

People leaving one alliance for another, en masse like this, points to serious internal problems with MCXA. What those problems are, I don't know and I don't care, but any energy here should be spent on addressing those problems and coming up with a solution so MCXA can bounce back stronger than ever, and NOT on being angry, spiteful, and childish.

There are problems, that's fine. Address them, solve them, move on, be better for it.

Why waste time and energy on hate?

You would know having led an exodus of your own...and at the time I was bitter, but I understand why you did what you did.

Great. Now I'm guessing any person who has ever experienced being "in-demand" when not being in an alliance is going to have his/her inbox flooded. :lol:

Well I remember right that the Mobius Accords bypass all other treaties and is supreme to any treaty signed by it's members. So if MCXA wanted to say, I don't, say that TSO was a treasonous splinter alliance, TOP shouldn't be able to protect them without breaking the Mobius accords and if that is the case then MCXA and the rest of The Continuum would be at a state of war w/ TOP. Now that would most likely activate Citadel, but what of Old Guard?.

no, no it is not different. you did not just leave. you planned out TSO secretly and got outed. there is a big difference. you have even stated this.

so at one point, you stated you got outed while planning TSO and now you are stating that you just got fed up and left with others, after mentioning to them you were leaving....

yeah. sorry but you continuously contradict yourself.

Well I remember right that the Mobius Accords bypass all other treaties and is supreme to any treaty signed by it's members. So if MCXA wanted to say, I don't, say that TSO was a treasonous splinter alliance, TOP shouldn't be able to protect them without breaking the Mobius accords and if that is the case then MCXA and the rest of The Continuum would be at a state of war w/ TOP. Now that would most likely activate Citadel, but what of Old Guard?.

Well, now that we get technical...

Come now, we all know how easily paper burns.

Another question that I don't think has really been pondered much is that given the apparent poor manner in which TSO seems to have departed MCXA, is TOP still planning on safeguarding an alliance that has hurt (although that's debatable given who left) their Continuum ally?

I believe this was answered previously in the 20+ page thread, so I can understand if you didn't see it. I believe it's on page 16-17 (for my browser).

We checked with MCXA ahead of time and they had given the OK with the protectorate. Ie, MCXA gov was OK with it, so we were.

Actually the opposite is true. Due to the protectorate MCXA is unable to attack TSO without breaking Q. Q does not allow for member alliances to attack alliances that other member alliances are obliged to give military assistance to.

Continuum alliances also aren't allowed to attack anyone another Continuum alliance is obligated to defend.

When particular members decided to recruit from the New Polar Order to form a splinter alliance, that alliance was mercilously and rightly destroyed by the Emperor. It seems as though the same will not occur in MCXA's current situation; TOP stands as a pretty good deterrent to war. The real question lies with the motivations of both signatory parties of this protectorate treaty: what is the point of such an aggressive action at this point in time, leaving aside the reasons for which The Sweet Oblivion splintered from MCXA?

With that out of the way, I must ask, which color sphere is The Sweet Oblivion calling their home?

That situation (CIN) and this one bear quite a few similarities. The plotting, the long-term timetables accelerating, members of the sitting government recruiting members for their new alliance out of their current one, the list goes on. To be fair to MCXA's reaction in this current scenario vis-a-vis ours in the CIN one, I must point out that we didn't attack CIN directly. We were in between Great Wars II and III, and we did not need the distraction. We didn't actually attack CIN until three months to the day after they split away from us. It was no accident that it was an 'anniversary' date. Give MCXA some time to figure out what they want to do - they're best served by getting their house in order right now anyway and not dealing out revenge. It tastes better cold anyway.

I believe this was answered previously in the 20+ page thread, so I can understand if you didn't see it. I believe it's on page 16-17 (for my browser).

We checked with MCXA ahead of time and they had given the OK with the protectorate. Ie, MCXA gov was OK with it, so we were.

Ahead of time the MXCA gov would have been TSO or not.

Perhaps you can tell me detail the series of events that led to the formation of TSO then?

I'm not a government official at either MCXA or TSO so its not my place to disclose what happens behind closed doors - I'm not going to pretend I know it all either - but I will call people out when they make wild assumptions and accusations against my current and former comrades.

I could, but I'm not about to restate what has been clearly stated in this thread so I can mess up on a minor point and have you rip me on it. I suggest you read the thread yourself, and Valashu's recent posts to find out exactly what happened as I view it.

According to the Mobius Accords, you can not attack an alliance directly in treaty to one of the signatories. There is no way it would be "legal".

This is something that can only be accurately discussed when it accompanies a poll.

Ahead of time the MXCA gov would have been TSO or not.

With those taking over the reigns, Dr. Fresh mostly.

Edit: I actually laughed that you thought we would talk to TSO government while they were MCXA to clear it.

Edited by Dr. Dan