Oldest Alliances still here today

drugsup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My .02 on PPF, GOONs (etc) being an "alliance" or not: the only objective definition of "alliance" is the hard in-game one... If you can see the alliance stats, that's an alliance (thus PPF and GOONS are alliances).

Any other definition is perfectly fine but it's also subjective: we can be almost sure that there will always be somebody disagreeing with it.

What probably counts here is what the creator of the thread had in mind, and as we see that PPF is listed...

CoAN and OIN are both definitely gone. Everyone else is still around.

Heh, funny. Some of the alliances at the top today are so old but I still consider them "new" (MHA, particularly).

Heh, same for me.

Heck, I still see the Polar order as new:P

Same technicality nonsense, I remember tech raiders formerly stated raiding a "5-10 man alliance with no treaties is not against their charter merely because they are not recognized as an alliance", though HERE, a one man ALLIANCE is. (. A close association of nations or other groups, formed to advance common interests or causes) Sorry, I love Ope, but a one-man "alliance" doesn't constitute as an alliance in my book. They may have protection, but it is not an alliance.

Any decent old-timer with half a memory can remember alliances proclaiming the stated above nonsense pertaining to tech raiding.

Technicalities, technicalities, technicalities.

Arg. Headaches.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Same technicality nonsense, I remember tech raiders formerly stated raiding a "5-10 man alliance with no treaties is not against their charter merely because they are not recognized as an alliance", though HERE, a one man ALLIANCE is. (. A close association of nations or other groups, formed to advance common interests or causes) Sorry, I love Ope, but a one-man "alliance" doesn't constitute as an alliance in my book. They may have protection, but it is not an alliance.

Any decent old-timer with half a memory can remember alliances proclaiming the stated above nonsense pertaining to tech raiding.

Technicalities, technicalities, technicalities.

Arg. Headaches.

Well, personally I'd argue that the question of alliancehood or not is a matter of self-determination - if you have a group of nations on a common AA saying they're an alliance, they are one. The tech raiders claiming not to recognize them as an alliance are just making silly legal quibbles to try and absolve themselves from the perceived wrongdoing of raiding an alliance as opposed to a disorganized collection of nations. The reality is more along the lines that a 5-10 man alliance is simply incapable of forcibly maintaining it's sovereignty, and no outside power is likely to stick up for them.

CoAN and OIN are both definitely gone. Everyone else is still around.

Heh, funny. Some of the alliances at the top today are so old but I still consider them "new" (MHA, particularly).

Heh. Yes. I agree.

Heh, same for me.

Heck, I still see the Polar order as new:P

There needs to be some kind of CN old people club.

Well, personally I'd argue that the question of alliancehood or not is a matter of self-determination - if you have a group of nations on a common AA saying they're an alliance, they are one. The tech raiders claiming not to recognize them as an alliance are just making silly legal quibbles to try and absolve themselves from the perceived wrongdoing of raiding an alliance as opposed to a disorganized collection of nations. The reality is more along the lines that a 5-10 man alliance is simply incapable of forcibly maintaining it's sovereignty, and no outside power is likely to stick up for them.

While I agree with what you say here, one nation is not a 'group of nations' or a 'collection of nations'. I would put the limit for alliance status at two members.

While I agree with what you say here, one nation is not a 'group of nations' or a 'collection of nations'. I would put the limit for alliance status at two members.

Fair enough, I'll agree with that much. I was more focused on Ejayrazz arguing basically that Alliance A saying in their charter that they won't recognize a group of nations for whatever reason makes them not an alliance to people that aren't Alliance A.

I will update the list as soon as i have fixed the leak in my PC (darn watercooling!).

As for the debate on alliances, im only counting alliances that are active within CN politics e.g treaties and declarations/announcements, unless the member of PPF can provide proof of this he will striked off the list. As for alliances that once disbanded such as VE they can remain with their original founding date as they are the same alliance.

Fair enough, I'll agree with that much. I was more focused on Ejayrazz arguing basically that Alliance A saying in their charter that they won't recognize a group of nations for whatever reason makes them not an alliance to people that aren't Alliance A.

Oh, I never said I believed in this trait my good friend. It was CN logic at one point back in the day. -.-'