Official NATO Announcement

Deadshot

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why people keep saying "It's just a ODP"? So if ODP treaties don't have any importance stop to sign them and cancel all ODPs :P

Personally, I don't like them. However, when it comes to ODPs with tech-dealing alliances, I can understand protecting an investment. Otherwise I find anything less than a MDP to be useless....of course, this is just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of TPF government.

So instead of trying to restart those relations, you cancel the treaty flatout?

People do have the choice of whether or not they want to be allies at all, Bob. The truth of it is the NATO-GOD treaty was signed in a vastly different time, back when Pansy, Kuru and DK were still there - DK and Kuru being pretty much the only two who I talked to on any regular basis. Kuru got bored and went rogue, and DK & Pansy left, obviously.

Not a real surprise, later NATO.

This thread was fun because I got to watch two spin machines fight each other in a vision subliminal battle.

well obviously both spin machines aren't spinning the same way, one has to be going clockwise and one has to be going counter-clockwise

if you take that into consideration, they counter balance the spin and everyone can see the truth.....

and the truth is....

the breakage of this ODP will cause mass hysteria on planet bob and someone will pre-emptive strike another out of paranoia

well obviously both spin machines aren't spinning the same way, one has to be going clockwise and one has to be going counter-clockwise

if you take that into consideration, they counter balance the spin and everyone can see the truth.....

and the truth is....

the breakage of this ODP will cause mass hysteria on planet bob and someone will pre-emptive strike another out of paranoia

*William Blake hides his nation's massive supplies of oil

carry on

Edited by William Blake

Personally, I don't like them. However, when it comes to ODPs with tech-dealing alliances, I can understand protecting an investment. Otherwise I find anything less than a MDP to be useless....of course, this is just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of TPF government.

Similar, we've usually signed them and later stepped it up to an MDP. ODP/PIAT/ToA is a nice way of saying "I pretty much know you and I pretty much trust you but it'd be nice to do some stuff together before we break out the blood oaths." I think our Brigade and TORN treaties are the only ones that were never upped.

My, my... how the tides do turn.

Edit: I almost forgot, good luck to both parties. You'll forgive me if I offer more luck to NATO, but we :wub: our allies.

And my my, look who has apologized for that to UPN government in private. Me.

In case it wasn't clear, that was a mistake to not bring up to you, and I apologize completely and fully. To attempt to use that to underhand my point in this thread is weak and only takes into account part of what I said, but eh, tis the best you can do :)

Edited by Penlugue Solaris