Ragnarok Anouncement

rishnokof

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly when we signed with RoK we were really signing with with Hoo and that is where our ties with RoK always were. Not the best idea I guess to base our entire treaty on one guy but, lets face it RoK was Hoo and vice versa for a long time. When Hoo left and the new RoK began forming we knew the ties we had were no longer what they once were. We had debated killing the treaty but did not for two reasons, one we wanted to wait and see what would result from RoKs transition post Hoo and two to avoid feeding all the people pushing for drama. And that is pretty much that. The GOD drama was just the thing to remind both sides that we no longer had the ties we once did. I wish RoK good luck.

Also, hi Hoo!!! Come by and see me some time.

Sadly when we signed with RoK we were really signing with with Hoo and that is where our ties with RoK always were. Not the best idea I guess to base our entire treaty on one guy but, lets face it RoK was Hoo and vice versa for a long time. When Hoo left and the new RoK began forming we knew the ties we had were no longer what they once were. We had debated killing the treaty but did not for two reasons, one we wanted to wait and see what would result from RoKs transition post Hoo and two to avoid feeding all the people pushing for drama. And that is pretty much that. The GOD drama was just the thing to remind both sides that we no longer had the ties we once did. I wish RoK good luck.

Also, hi Hoo!!! Come by and see me some time.

That is an excellent way of saying, "Hey RoK, we think your membership is poor, but we liked the one guy before he left." Your tact and endless diplomacy never ceases to amaze me.

That is an excellent way of saying, "Hey RoK, we think your membership is poor, but we liked the one guy before he left." Your tact and endless diplomacy never ceases to amaze me.

You obviously don't know how diplomacy works between alliances.

Sometimes truth is not always tactful.

You have the subtlety of a brick lately.

You obviously don't know how diplomacy works between alliances.

If you mean lies, subterfuge, espionage and double crossings, yes I am well versed. Many of my compatriots have been on the receiving end of such diplomacy by alliances like Pacifica and TPF.

He never stated that the membership was poor. He said that those who assumed the mantle of Ragnarok leadership weren't able to maintain the sort of diplomatic connections which had resulted in the signing of the treaty to begin with. Whether that is a good or bad thing is up for you to decide.

That said, while I'm sure the change in leadership contributed to the cancellation of the treaty, I can also see how it's possible for Ragnarok to be upset considering the blatant and implied threats directed by TPF against one of their closest allies in KM's thread, and vice versa, albeit to a lesser extent.

EDIT: grammar.

Edited by Quiziotle

Actually he said that the treaty was signed with Hoo, and only Hoo essentially. Read it again.

Considering that, for all intents and purposes, Hoo was Ragnarok diplomatically, that's not really much of a statement. Complete government overhauls tend to have the effect of ending previous relationships. Some alliances move past that and rebuild them. Others just don't make the jump. It happens. It's not an evil plot.

No, thats an excellent way of saying we dont know RoKs membership. I am as guilty as anybody in TPF of not getting to know them and simply going through Hoo all the time. As is I don't know anything about RoK now. Thats my fault, I was lazy and figured Hoo would be around forever so never bothered to get to know anyone else. Mhawk was new and did not know them and Slayer retired so it should have been on me to get to know the new Hoo free RoK, I never did. Thats a bad on me. Not RoK.

I am sorry to keep breaking your heart and not want anything to do with your hope for some great war or drama. I don't dislike RoK at all. I don't even dislike GOD. Hell this entire thing may lead to getting to know RoK again. So you can take your drama wishing for $@! elsewhere and look for it. Because trust me one thing Rok does know is that if I thought they had poor members I would not have a problems saying it. I am not know for my discretion.

Sadly when we signed with RoK we were really signing with with Hoo and that is where our ties with RoK always were. Not the best idea I guess to base our entire treaty on one guy but, lets face it RoK was Hoo and vice versa for a long time.

Damn you, The Big Bad. Do not ruin our facades! Next you'll be telling people alliances war wage because they just plain don't like someone.

So basically since you took over, TPF seem to be going to the dogs...

Got it.... ;)

This is not fair. Although mhawk and I don't see eye to eye on everything, everyone knows he's got some pretty big shoes to fill. And, as Slayer said elsewhere, all FA boils down to personal relationships, and that makes it hard when new leadership comes in.

Edited by Valdemar