Continuing CNRP

Chancellor Bismarck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm starting this thread to discuss continuing CNRP, and finishing up the nuclear war and possibly starting over, since Mercy isn't letting people discuss it on the CNRP channel.

You mean whitewashing several years of CNRP history and starting over. Uhhhhhh... no

I'm in favor of continuing it. Although I think mercy's calculations are way off. I would say Europe is going to be greatly damaged, and millions of lives will be lost. Since alot of nukes are flying towards the RA there's gonna be just as much devastation to the Middle East, and possible Eastern Asia when Lavo retaliates. the Western Hemisphere, Central and Southern Africa, and Australia shouldn't feel any immediate effects of the nuclear war, but the whole world will feel the long term effects. We are not looking at global extinction, mercy said something like 75% of the world is already dead... no. That number is way to exaggerated.

One thing I will not do is whitewash the whole rp just because of one nuclear war. Maybe after the third or fourth one I'll change my mind, but not now.

I refuse to recognise the flawed and totally bupkiss logic used to calculate the fallout from those nukes. I shall not be RPing any kind of fallout.

I see you're as respectful as usual.

Anyway...I'll continue to RP as long as other people RP (And as long as there's anybody alive). If there's a restart, I'll be up for it...and I'll be france for lulz.

Also, take into consideration that nukes are only getting started, it's only going to get worse.

I'm in favor of continuing it. Although I think mercy's calculations are way off. I would say Europe is going to be greatly damaged, and millions of lives will be lost. Since alot of nukes are flying towards the RA there's gonna be just as much devastation to the Middle East, and possible Eastern Asia when Lavo retaliates. the Western Hemisphere, Central and Southern Africa, and Australia shouldn't feel any immediate effects of the nuclear war, but the whole world will feel the long term effects. We are not looking at global extinction, mercy said something like 75% of the world is already dead... no. That number is way to exaggerated.

One thing I will not do is whitewash the whole rp just because of one nuclear war. Maybe after the third or fourth one I'll change my mind, but not now.

I never said 75% by the way. :P In fact, I never gave a single number about how much fallout. I just said the world is screwed.

In much more colorful language.

Also, just as a note, you are very wrong about the Western Hemisphere and Africa.

Edited by MercyFallout

I never said 75% by the way. :P In fact, I never gave a single number about how much fallout. I just said the world is screwed.

In much more colorful language.

Also, just as a note, you are very wrong about the Western Hemisphere and Africa.

I was drifting in and out of the conversation on IRC, so I probably did misquote you, but I’m sure someone used that number.

I severely doubt much south of the equator would be effected at all.

This and this

do make good reading though...

To South East Asia, there will be. To Australia? Not so much. However, you do realize that the smoke clouds that will go up due to the razing of hundreds of major civilian centers will cause a lot of smoke and probably decrease the world temperature by a bit (Lynneth has the numbers, not me). So, the Southern Hemisphere might not get direct radiation ('cept for in the sea water), but it will be affected.

First one says that a single bomb left 7000 sq miles of fallout and the second just tells us what fallout is.

Yes, but it does say several things, like the actual extent of the noticeable Radiation would not extend that far, (it gets noticeable at 50-100 Rads) and the second says that airbursts have much less fall out as a trade off to much more damage caused initially.

The other thing is, from the first link, the fallout pattern didn't go further than 350miles, and thats a 15MT weapon.

I would like to see the numbers.

Edited by LeVentNoir

I shall RP a nuclear winter and minor fallout. Perhaps a few years when summer never comes and substandard food production for normal agriculture but that will probably be the extent of it.

I have a decent shelter system and hydroponic food and a seed bank.

I am sitting pretty now.

Really, even I saw this coming and took precautions.