Too Many RP-worlds?

Botha

Are there too many RP-worlds?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not and will not recognize other worlds other than CNRP. Until a map of another RP world is stickied, then I will continue to do so.

Response to this attitude in general. It doesn't matter if you recognize it or not as your own actions in CNRP will not be recognized by those playing in the separate worlds, and they themselves will not be taking action that effects you in alternative worlds. Unless you intend to argue with them OOC, and place the special tags in your threads to separate them from the default RP then you will be excluded.

No again. There are just as many people that need moderating and more threads.

Actually it divides up the work load and diverts some of the responsibility from the existing GM's to new GM's who manage the new worlds. That means less to rule on, and less to keep track of if people transfer entirely over to one or the other. However, even if that isn't the case there will likely be a decrease in activity in both from that one individual as they would have to keep up with two games rather than just one.

3. As far as I can tell the only differences are the formulas and starting areas. Is there anything I'm missing?

That's actually not true, for example CNRP R has a few structural variations. For one GM's are not allowed to rule on matters that effect themselves, or their close Allys. This is meant to prevent possible conflict of interest. Furthermore it requires a more detailed RP, as well as places limits on some of the RP's people do. The game will also develop differently as it is run by different people with different views on how the game ought to function. New GM's means new precedents defining the game, and an overall different game play.

Edited by iamthey

I not see a problem with multiple systems it makes RP more interesting.

CNRP:

Original Story line

Long-standing developed plot lines

Overcrowded

Tech Sharing frowned on

Mergers officially BANNED

Enforcement of IG stats ranges from exemptions to harsh enforcement.

CNRPS:

Pros:

World is open to new players

Non standard tech is OK within reason (A tank can be a man in power armour if you have the tech to build it, but it is still a "tank" of that TL for combat purposes).

Non human races are allowed provided they are no more powerful than a baseline human.

Consistent enforcement of IG stats with no exceptions.

Tech sharing officially ok.

Mergers officially ok.

CNRPR:

Very new

Uncrowded map

Consistant enforcement of IG stats with no exceptions.

Tech sharing allowed?

Mergers allowed on a case by case basis

This problem isnt going to go away. This topic is evidence enough of that. There already has been multiple suggestions to let all the fantasy rps stay here and give CNRP its own subforum (something that we had been asking for back in the News Reports section anyway)

CN RP R is born out of CN RP being filled with exceptions to rules and justification of super tech based on it was RPed sometime in the past when others weren't around, and this is sused as an excuse not to change. It seems fundementally unfair that certain players get to sanction the RP experience (rule wise not IC wise) for everyone based on a system of seniority rather than on in game stats (yes I am talking about stat exceptions, nukes when you don't pay upkeep in game... and until recently navies when you don't have them in game etc.)

Edited by Triyun

CNRP getting its own sub forum and nobody else gets one it would amount to a mod endorsement of it being the only official RP.

If CNRP gets a forum so should every RP with more than 20 players then it will be fair to the other systems.

Edited by Vasili Markov

What this is about is some people got mad because their merged countries got broken up. Boohoo, cry me a river. My navy got taken away, my colonies sold off by other rpers, half my country was gone when I returned to rping last May, but I dealt with it, and because I did that, my country has a richer history it did before.

I just thought that when CNRPS showed up, it'd never get off it's feet. Now, I see CNRPR. What the hell does CNRPR stand for?!

IMO, if people want to RP these things, make an InvisionFree board or something, I don't care if it takes away from the traffic on this site, you'll be running your own board. It's getting confusing to look at every third topic that yells CNRPS/R while I'm looking for a topic I started this morning that by the time I got home was three pages back. I don't care if the alternative worlds are banned, separated into their own forums or whatever, unless the mods do something then I'll certainly go back to my board and RP there.

What this is about is some people got mad because their merged countries got broken up. Boohoo, cry me a river. My navy got taken away, my colonies sold off by other rpers, half my country was gone when I returned to rping last May, but I dealt with it, and because I did that, my country has a richer history it did before.

Nobody fought mergers getting broken up, I didn't. My issue is more with things like Mercy and Gebiv's nuclear arsenals, which they lack IG.

...I'm about halfway through with this but it's been a busy day and will be a busy weekend. I am shooting for Sunday...

Just wait for snape to say something. He might be making a new forum for you CNRP. CNRPS is getting a lot of damn people and would deserve its own sub-forum as well. I've counted at least 37 CNRPS starter threads (in Mael's "National RP" rules thread), so it really needs its own subforum as well.

Amen! Very well said!

That's what RP is to me, translating what happens to me in-game into something meaningful. It's not about conquering other nations out-of-game and other irrelevance.

I also think RP ballooned into what it is once the current alliance monolith became entrenched. The game has become so stagnant and predictable that many needed an escape from that lest they become bored (how exciting is 'collect taxes, pay bills'?)

Back when there still was some leverage and competition between in-game alliances, that competition provided the fodder of drama, attention, and interaction between nations - and RP was a really fringe aspect.

Edited by Botha

OOC: Also, to all of you newbs who are saying it is hard to break into CNRP, if your looking for land (in Africa) then PM me because I do have land I am willing to part with.

I have been looking for two or three states to secede and break off from Transvaal.

^^^^

Propaganda. It's about so much more than that. I'm glad mergers are gone in CNRP, glad mine lasted long as it did. I do miss it because it ended up being a good source of rp. In my world, mergers that aren't played will fall apart.

There's various interpretations to the quality of that RP, but there was content, there were people filling roles. And it's not really ones right to decide what particular style is good or bad. To each their own.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: I wanted to get involved in RP but CNRP looked full and too developed for a noob starting out. Limiting RP to just one world is, well, snobbish.

noobs can start out, and actually take over. This isnt a place where you cant get what you want, you just have to fight for it.

Actually it divides up the work load and diverts some of the responsibility from the existing GM's to new GM's who manage the new worlds. That means less to rule on, and less to keep track of if people transfer entirely over to one or the other. However, even if that isn't the case there will likely be a decrease in activity in both from that one individual as they would have to keep up with two games rather than just one.

GMs are not mods. Mods have more work, GMs have less. The problem of GMs having too much to do could be easily fixed by making more GMs.

That's actually not true, for example CNRP R has a few structural variations. For one GM's are not allowed to rule on matters that effect themselves, or their close Allys. This is meant to prevent possible conflict of interest. Furthermore it requires a more detailed RP, as well as places limits on some of the RP's people do. The game will also develop differently as it is run by different people with different views on how the game ought to function. New GM's means new precedents defining the game, and an overall different game play.

None of these are significant enough to warrant the creation of a new world and all of these changes could be voted on for CNRP.

CNRP getting its own sub forum and nobody else gets one it would amount to a mod endorsement of it being the only official RP.

If CNRP gets a forum so should every RP with more than 20 players then it will be fair to the other systems.

No, it is fair. CNRP was here first, has more members, is directly related to CN, and is official.

No.. CNRP has been going for so long, the history with it pertains to many CN nations, and it is the official one. It was the only one going in News Reports, had multiple threads stickied for it, etc, it was official.

I agree with a lot of what Generalissimo said. As a new player it has been near impossible to break into CNRP, and if a new world were being set up I would be glad to go somewhere less exclusive and mindlessly elitist.

Not really. I've just given away two plots of lands when people PM'd me that they wanted a nation. Honestly, newbies need to be more bold and be willing to PM players or hell, willing to fight for it.

Voted no, in RP people should not be constrained to playing one set world, whats the point of RP'ing if you have to RP in one set way in an specific area, by allowing more worlds people are given more choice and more chance to have fun with their imaginations (which I believe is half the point of RP). Creating a seperate subforum for each of the spinoff's shouldn't require to much extra work or space and so seems a resonable solution keeping the main RP area for the original CNRP.