Too Many RP-worlds?

Botha

Are there too many RP-worlds?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OOC: A simple poll. Do you think there are too many RP-worlds?

Since the split in RP between CNRP and CNRPS (and now I am seeing something called CNRPR), is anyone like me going to just become confused and subsequently lose interested in RP because they won't be able to keep track of who does what to whom in which world?

And I have to seriously wonder if whenever people don't get their way they'll just go off and start their own world. I can see this spiraling out of control.

And for the record, if I RP with anyone I am assuming they are in the same world as me - as I don't recognise separate RP worlds and am not going to bother to keep track who is where.

Edited by Botha

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC:

One RP world is confusing enough. If there's going to be these spinoffs, they shouldn't be in the same forum.

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately the mods aren't going to make another forum, and with the old layout we had three forums that weren't really used, and could have filled the roles for forums for CNRPS/R/etc.

I agree with mastab. These need to be in separate forums. It was enough having one world in one forum.

Botha, you know Arctica is in CNRP. The only other world I'm a part of is CNRPS and any threads I make with it are going to be clearly marked as such. My tribe there also has no relation to my CNRP nation.

OOC: I wanted to get involved in RP but CNRP looked full and too developed for a noob starting out. Limiting RP to just one world is, well, snobbish.

OOC: I agree. It's very hard to become part of CNRP. One forum for putting the spin offs in would be the best solution.

Unfortunately I’m going to cover my bases and play the same basic nation and character in all realms simultaneously.

Same here, that's my plan too... probably will work too cause I'm located in a generally unwanted corner of the world. Heck I can't even give some of my land away when I try! :D

The ideal solution would be to create a few subforums. SCI-FI, Fantasy, Traditional, Scenario-Based.

I think that trying to eliminate other rps as a response to this problem is actually relatively offensive and irreverent given how hard of work other players could be putting into them.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I would say that one CNRP world is needed. Singular RPs are ok, but other worlds should have off site forums.

Not possible, we do not want to force members to sign into other forums as it would take away from the traffic that helps to fund this site. That, and we have an equal right to be here.

I would say that one CNRP world is needed. Singular RPs are ok, but other worlds should have off site forums.
Where is someone supposed to play after being annihilated or denied territory?

I personally don’t like any system where you can be easily destroyed, where once you’ve been rolled that’s it, especially based on in-game stats, I get enough of that from the Technology Raiders. Any unaligned periphery nation would find it impossible to move their stats to the standard role playable level.

The exclusiveness of CNRP is what brought the current situation upon us.

I have to agree with Maelstrom Vortex, only because the new forum layout is also part of the problem. There are waaaaaay too many threads going on in too small a space, I'm really hating everytime trying to find the few ongoing threads I participate it. Now I have to sift through and figure out 'is that thread relevant to my world?'

Personally I think the reorganisation of the forums was a big step backwards.

I guess if people (like myself) have to start bookmarking threads just so they can find them a few hours or a day later... that tells me it is a sign that the forums aren't working well.

Seriously people, there are actually never enough role play.. there is such a thing as too few forums. It sickens me when people think their RP is superior and should be the one to stay. What if CNRPS were in dominance. I am sure the tables would be turned. Besides, the CNRPS system is only a few days old and it's already got volumes written. It's interesting, it's fun. If we can just get it out of being interwoven with the rest no one would have a problem with it.

The exclusiveness of CNRP is what brought the current situation upon us.

That's also a good point. When I first started RPing back in December 2006, there was three of us (Nelson Mandela, Boer Staat, and myself) who all had overlapping claims over the same country - South Africa - although in my own case at the time only claimed one province.

Yet even with this overlapping, we still were able to RP effectively together - some of the best RP I've participated until very recently.

Folks, it's not always about territory and who controls what and who has the bigger armies and gun pron and where they are on the map blah blah blah... good RPers will always find away to figure things out where overlaps or differences occur.

I agree completely with that Botha. One final note.. this topic has come up repeatedly before.. to the point it annoyed me greatly. Some must have missed it, but I quote..

We are not giving an entire subforum just to a single RP. Doing so creates all sorts of problems with moderation, especially of rules created by players rather than moderators. You are all complaining that not having your threads pinned stifles your RP and ruins your structure -- what of other RPs? Does it not ruin their chances to grow and develop the way CNRP has if all the threads pinned at the top of the forum are dedicated to CNRP, or worse if CNRP has its own subforum? It is special treatment to a certain community. The means to conduct your RP are at your disposal already and you can do it without having an entire forum to yourself.
Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Seriously people, there are actually never enough role play.. there is such a thing as too few forums. It sickens me when people think their RP is superior and should be the one to stay. What if CNRPS were in dominance. I am sure the tables would be turned. Besides, the CNRPS system is only a few days old and it's already got volumes written. It's interesting, it's fun. If we can just get it out of being interwoven with the rest no one would have a problem with it.

The normal CNRP is superior. It was here first, it's official, it's more popular, and, most importantly, it's actually relevant to CyberNations. I have no problem with the other worlds existing somewhere where they don't get in the way, but if we have to choose between CNRP or the spinoffs or even just CNRP or CNRP with spinoffs in the same forum, CNRP is the right answer.