Too Many RP-worlds?

Botha

Are there too many RP-worlds?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The normal CNRP is superior. It was here first, it's official, it's more popular, and, most importantly, it's actually relevant to CyberNations. I have no problem with the other worlds existing somewhere where they don't get in the way, but if we have to choose between CNRP or the spinoffs or even just CNRP or CNRP with spinoffs in the same forum, CNRP is the right answer.

CNRPS Is also relevant and no more so than any other CNRP based rp to cybernations. Age is not superiority. Popularity is not superiority(that's cliquish). There's a lot of detracting things that could be said about CNRP also, but I am not going to get into it. It's not my place, I know the rules, I abide by them. And CNRP is not based on Cybernations. It is a derivative itself. If you want something BASED on cybernations, then go play CNRP [R] and even it is derived.

As for relevent.. lets see. There is no NPO, no Iron.. oh wait.. it's totally not relevant to the state of Bob at any one time really.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CNRPS should be moved to a new forum. It is getting very confusing as it is. Once CNRPS players get "comfortable" and forget the CNRPS tags on their titles I will get VERY annoyed when I want to read about a war but come across pixies fighting leaf monsters instead.

CNRPS should be moved to a new forum. It is getting very confusing as it is. Once CNRPS players get "comfortable" and forget the CNRPS tags on their titles I will get VERY annoyed when I want to read about a war but come across pixies fighting leaf monsters instead.

And that's a very understandable complaint and I try to get on folks who forget their tags.

Just to clarify, I'm not TOTALLY against CNRPS. Like you said, you guys have every right to be here. But if we can create some system to separate the two (maybe [CNRP] and [CNRPS] tags on ALL titles) I don't mind having both here.

If we do my system, we'd need a new acronym for CNRPS. The two are too similar.

CNRPS Is also relevant and no more so than any other CNRP based rp to cybernations. Age is not superiority. Popularity is not superiority(that's cliquish). There's a lot of detracting things that could be said about CNRP also, but I am not going to get into it. It's not my place, I know the rules, I abide by them. And CNRP is not based on Cybernations. It is a derivative itself. If you want something BASED on cybernations, then go play CNRP [R] and even it is derived.

No it isn't. CNRPS appears to be primarily fantasy from what I've read - CN is a real life politics simulator. Age is superiority - CNRP has been a part of the forums for a long time. It isn't something new like the new worlds. It's not a clique - everyone can join. CNRP exists as a part of the forum because people want to use it. It exists because of its popularity. CNRPR is more similar to CyberNations than the other worlds, but that's the only thing it has going for it over the other worlds.

As for relevent.. lets see. There is no NPO, no Iron.. oh wait.. it's totally not relevant to the state of Bob at any one time really.

That's not what I was saying at all. I never said it was the same thing as CN (after all, the number of people who are part of CNRP can't compare to the numbers CN has). It's the same basis. Make your own nation in a realistic setting, have a capital, buy land, hire soldiers, join alliances, etc.

Edited by mastab

That will work.

So titles (NOT descriptions) would run along these lines:

[CNRP]blahblahblah

[AEGIS]blahblahblah

-or-

CNRP: blahblahblah

AEGIS: blahblahblah

-or-

<CNRP>blahblahblah

<AEGIS>blahblahblah

Any titles NOT using tags will not be recognized by either world.

No it isn't. CNRPS appears to be primarily fantasy from what I've read - CN is a real life politics simulator. Age is superiority - CNRP has been a part of the forums for a long time. It isn't something new like the new worlds. It's not a clique - everyone can join. CNRP exists as a part of the forum because people want to use it. It exists because of its popularity. CNRPR is more similar to CyberNations than the other worlds, but that's the only thing it has going for it over the other worlds.

The other worlds also exist because of their popularity. Have you counted the threads in my CNRPS section? Have you read the rules? Everything in the rules section derives from Cybernations. All the strength and economic calculations, purely derived from the game. We exist as part of this forum because people also want to play in our world. CN is not a real life politics simulator? Are you the real president of a country? Nope. Do real countries run on such a simple interface? Nope. I could easily go into my topic and change the characteristics of my nation to indicate my citizens are dragons, wolves, rats, what have you.. But they're all citizens/workers/soldiers.

That will work.

So titles (NOT descriptions) would run along these lines:

[CNRP]blahblahblah

[AEGIS]blahblahblah

-or-

-or-

<CNRP>blahblahblah

<AEGIS>blahblahblah

Yup, that would be ideal, I'll note a change in the official information for future titles.

Titles (NOT descriptions) would run along these lines:

[CNRP]blahblahblah

[AEGIS]blahblahblah

-or-

-or-

<CNRP>blahblahblah

<AEGIS>blahblahblah

Does everyone from both worlds agree?

The other worlds also exist because of their popularity. Have you counted the threads in my CNRPS section? Have you read the rules? Everything in the rules section derives from Cybernations. All the strength and economic calculations, purely derived from the game. We exist as part of this forum because people also want to play in our world. CN is not a real life politics simulator? Are you the real president of a country? Nope. Do real countries run on such a simple interface? Nope. I could easily go into my topic and change the characteristics of my nation to indicate my citizens are dragons, wolves, rats, what have you.. But they're all citizens/workers/soldiers.

Are you saying that if there was no CNRP or any forum for RPing, CNRPS would be large enough to warrant its own forum? Really? CN is, primarily, a real world simulator - if you made a StarCraft RP that had CN's economic, military, and strength factors in it that wouldn't make it fitting for the CN forums. Real life simulator =/= real life. So if there is no difference between CNRP and CNRPS (and all the other worlds, for that matter) why separate them?

1. The World got too crowded.

2. For providing an alternate place to enjoy for when you do get rolled.

3. Different interpretations on the ideal conditions of roleplaying based on Cybernations.

4. For when it's very slow like late tonight and you want something to do and one of the worlds is "on pause."

I hope that poll runs for a good while, otherwise I'm not sure you're going to get a good tally. Not that they can't be manipulated by those with the will to do so and folks who don't even actively rp here.

On the other hand, the cnrps cannon thread listing in the canon list is very indicative of just how active alternate worlds can be and is not manipulated.

To be exact, 36 new players in 3 days.

1. The World got too crowded.

2. For providing an alternate place to enjoy for when you do get rolled.

3. Different interpretations on the ideal conditions of roleplaying based on Cybernations.

4. For when it's very slow like late tonight and you want something to do and one of the worlds is "on pause."

I hope that poll runs for a good while, otherwise I'm not sure you're going to get a good tally. Not that they can't be manipulated by those with the will to do so and folks who don't even actively rp here.

On the other hand, the cnrps cannon thread listing in the canon list is very indicative of just how active alternate worlds can be and is not manipulated.

To be exact, 36 new players in 3 days.

1. No it didn't. There's plenty of space. In fact, now the forums are more crowded becasue you have people who overlap between the worlds posting more threads.

2. There are things to do in CNRP if you get destroyed.

3. According to you, the only differences are the names which are interchangeable.

4. Start a thread if you want activity. There's always a way to find something to do.

36 new players who are not in any other worlds?

1. No it didn't. There's plenty of space. In fact, now the forums are more crowded becasue you have people who overlap between the worlds posting more threads.

2. There are things to do in CNRP if you get destroyed.

3. According to you, the only differences are the names which are interchangeable.

4. Start a thread if you want activity. There's always a way to find something to do.

36 new players who are not in any other worlds?

1. Crowded forums are a sign of increasing use, a good thing, a sign of a healthy community when managed right.

2. Like what? Besides waiting for some smudge on the map to open up.

3. The differences are striking if you look at the different rules sets adopted between each canon/scenario.

4. Not that you necessarily would enjoy doing.

36 new players who do not have to be in any other worlds to still have an interest in the canon and still be considered an important voice and 1 who may actually not yet be involved in other worlds. Just because they exist in another world doesn't mean they may not want to play in others. I play in two myself.

It is quite annoying to have to dig through the CNRPS crap to get to canon CNRP

And as a new CNRPS player I find it annoying to have to dig through CNRP crap. Aren't we in a pickle?

But we all have the right to use this forum for whatever RP we want whether someone else likes it or not. Obviously there's a problem though, and it hurts all worlds, so instead of whining and insulting a group that you don't like, we could think of constructive ways to solve the problem, hmm?

I wonder if it would be too hard on the mods to create new subforums for, say, any RP world with a certain number of active players. I can't see why they would have to moderate these subforums any more than they would this single forum. I think the problem with CNRP is that there's no GM, putting the mods in a position where they feel obligated to resolve disputes if they make CNRP look official. CNRPS, however, does have a GM, and I think CNRPR does as well. Those could have their own subforums and CNRP can stay in the free for all. Or CNRP would elect a GM.

Just throwing out ideas... -_-

Edited by Sal Paradise

1. Crowded forums are a sign of increasing use, a good thing, a sign of a healthy community when managed right.

2. Like what? Besides waiting for some smudge on the map to open up.

3. The differences are striking if you look at the different rules sets adopted between each canon/scenario.

4. Not that you necessarily would enjoy doing.

36 new players who do not have to be in any other worlds to still have an interest in the canon and still be considered an important voice and 1 who may actually not yet be involved in other worlds. Just because they exist in another world doesn't mean they may not want to play in others. I play in two myself.

1. First crowds are a bad thing, now they're a good thing? >_<

2. Negotiate with the attackers, ask somebody for land, RP a resistance movement.

3. As far as I can tell the only differences are the formulas and starting areas. Is there anything I'm missing?

4. That's too bad, then. Wanting to post something new doesn't mean that this forum is for that.

So it's not really building the community then.

The community didn't previously exist under this organization, so yes, it is building a community.

Other worlds also can take the pressure off moderators by allowing a distribution of traffic intensity over more people, reducing stress and work loads.

The community didn't previously exist under this organization, so yes, it is building a community.

Other worlds also can take the pressure off moderators by allowing a distribution of traffic intensity over more people, reducing stress and work loads.

No. It's the same people posting in a different version of the same RP.

No again. There are just as many people that need moderating and more threads.