The Tygaist Manifesto

Tygaland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd love to join the "omg everyone should be liek this!!!" crowd, I'm really going to say that if every alliance behaved like Tyga, the political situation would be just as boring as it is now, because no one would ever start !@#$.

I'd prefer to have a few Tygaist alliances (like my own :awesome:), and a hell of a lot of backstabbers and cut throats who weren't obsessed with huggle diplomacy and would indulge in some conflict out in the open.

Tygaism goes out the window when twinkies are involved...

:P

A true Tygaist never runs out of twinkies.

Wow, another lame, self styled "philosophy" on the political structure of a game. Brilliant!

Nope.

This one isn't lame like that Manolution crap.

:wub: Stumpy

I am not being flippant. I have read it, but I like to know how things are pronounced so they sound right in my head.

How do you pronounce this philosophy?

I'll haphazard a guess and say tie-ga-ist?

Edited by Fallen_Fool

Tygaism distinctly doesn't embrace Huggle diplomacy. A Tygaist leader doesn't go running around befriending anyone and being nice to everyone. If Tygaists don't like something or someone, they'll be blunt about it and say some things quite contrary to Hugglism. A Tygaist chooses his or her friends carefully. A Tygaist respects all deserving of it, but huggles few.

Little respect was given to members of WAPA government, who tried for weeks to talk with you and yours, little honour was given in the first WAPA-STA war, when reps had been paid to the PPF and MK had been inforumd, yet under your orders, the raid went ahead, the first and second WAPA-STA wars, were all about profit, for you and you allies, I maintain that stance, and so do many that were members of WAPA at the time.

The second war was actually more about behavior of diplomats sent to your embassy in Siberia, a flagrant disregard for obeying the peace terms you agreed to, and sexist comments...

Tygaism distinctly doesn't embrace Huggle diplomacy. A Tygaist leader doesn't go running around befriending anyone and being nice to everyone. If Tygaists don't like something or someone, they'll be blunt about it and say some things quite contrary to Hugglism. A Tygaist chooses his or her friends carefully. A Tygaist respects all deserving of it, but huggles few.

Oh I know. Probably better then most :P

I'm just saying a Tygaist is unlikely to seek or provoke conflict against another individual or group, which would not solve the inherent lack of conflict currently in the game.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

Lol, I have to say, you guys preformed two tech raids on WAPA. Both you tried to cover as war, when in truth it was about “personal gain” and to line your own pockets with riches.

I'm not going to turn this into another debate about WAPA. However, I guess as it is directly criticising Tygaism, I must.

It is clear that the WAPA war was entered into via our treaty with PPF which, you will see is in line with Tygaist philosophy. Tygaism doesn't really cover economic situations as a Tygaist deems them secondary to the primary principles of the philosophy. But I'm not sure anyone would see going into an alliance war as an economically sound way to obtain tech as you claim.

Therefore, your assertions are again baseless as they have been proven to be everytime you regurgitate them.

True, your principles happen to involve holding an alliance under occupation and attempting to destroy them for four months, didn’t work out to well eh.

Banning nukes until you had tech raiding rules in place to prevent future errors such as that that caused us to declare war on you is occupation? Please show where our desire to destroy you was posted. Show me where the STA demanded reparations from WAPA that would put this in violation of the principles of Tygaism.

This is very true, you guys aren’t suttle and neither am I.

No, you are just very repetitive. ;)

This happens to be true, but only for you Tyga, you were emperor for NpO, so no doubt you still held a lot of love for your old alliance, yet you dragged in all your boys into it, when you could have made a neutral stance or left for a period and fought the war with NpO.

You are advocating the STA abandoning her long term allies because they were going to war? How would that be Tygaist in any way? You saw how STA members reacted to the war. Do you think me bailing on Polaris would have been a popular decision within the STA? Be connection, was our decision to go to war another tech raid? Or were we just following our treaty obligations?

Fierce in battle, umm, tuck 2 of your allies to crush WAPA again, as well as large cash amounts to STA nations from NpO. No ill-will, I very much doubt, only 2 members have shown that, and may I say, they made me stop painting an entire alliance with the same brush.

We weren't the first to declare on WAPA. MK was, then us, then MKs allies. So, how precisely did the STA need 2 allies to defeat you? We came to the aid of our ally, PPF as did MK. You really seem to lack basic knowledge of how treaties work.

Little respect was given to members of WAPA government, who tried for weeks to talk with you and yours, little honour was given in the first WAPA-STA war, when reps had been paid to the PPF and MK had been inforumd, yet under your orders, the raid went ahead, the first and second WAPA-STA wars, were all about profit, for you and you allies, I maintain that stance, and so do many that were members of WAPA at the time.

My orders? To MK? Really? No, the STA went to war when we offered to enact our treaty with PPF. Opethian accepted our offer. That's what an ODP means. They weren't STA-WAPA wars, it was one war. PPF, MK, STA and MK's allies against WAPA for attacking PPF. The war resumed when WAPA broke the peace terms. It wasn't a new war and after months of WAPA's shenanigans you can hardly say it was the first option we employed to resolve the issue. Your uninformed revisionist history really gets old. Your leaders didn't try to talk to us at all, they made demands and threw tantrums, then tried to get MK out of the way to take the STA out. This has been argued to death and it will never be what you claim it to be.

So, please, keep this on topic. I have rebutted the assertions you made that directly criticised the STA's adherence to Tygaism. If you have any further questions directly related to Tygaism, feel free to ask.

ANY sort of revisionism be it by the victor or by the defeated would be against the tenets of absolute truth laid out in the OP. One would do themselves a disservice to make a determination on a situation or a people without considering all sides of a dispute.

Seeking the REAL truth to a situation involves much more than just taking someone's word for it, and the admission of error should always be on the table. If one is to commit to the pursuit of truth, one must first embrace the simple truth that no one is infallible.

I do agree on one truth, though. This is an old argument. It shapes current and future relations, of course... But it should be a matter of learning from past mistakes rather than letting them act as an anchor impeding forward progress.

I approve of the affirmation of truth, integrity and mutual respect that has been stated. As has been mentioned, they seem to be some common sense ideals that all can agree upon.

A Tygaist knows that a philosophy is only held dear when one finds that philosophy rather than having it thrust upon them. Therefore a Tygaist will never preach nor will a Tygaist insult others for following a different philosophy.

I like this.

I am not, however, a Tygaist. Nor would I do the disservice to those that are by professing to be. They are a better breed than I, I'm afraid. Or at least a kinder one.