Looking for an old War Horse

Republic of Roma

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread. Perhaps I was too distracted feasting on the scrumptious tech of all our vanquished foes. This thread has provided a bounty of hilarious posts but this one is my favorite:

I think it would be best for your alliance to give Vox peace rather than have me, and possibly others, be a permanent nuisance to your smaller nations around the 10-20k range.

We bow to your infinite power, oh mighty God of War! Grant us mercy!

Seriously, you're cute. I was tempted to sell off my infrastructure and land to get down to your level to destroy you, but quickly came to the realization that you're not at all worth my time, attention, and effort.

NPO's lower tiers are massive and I highly doubt 6 wars is going to provide them with amazing war experience considering this isn't an even match by any means. He's demolishing them due to his large amounts of wonders and his nukes, some of the damage he's producing is ungodly.

Oh that’s where you are wrong. You aren't looking at the whole picture. Between FAN, Vox and all the other gadflies we have built up quite a nice scout team to give our small nations a good look to get them ready for game time.

Yep even when they think they are fighting against the order they are still being manipulated to serve our own ends. To them I say go ahead get pissed use all your military improvements. If a young Pacifican is going to quit over damage to his nation I would rather it happen now in peace time than in the middle of a world war. The last thing we need is for those kinds of members to be jumping ship the moment the !@#$ hits the fan. Vox servers our ends even if they know it or not. They are our personal instrument of Darwinism.

Wow, I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread. Perhaps I was too distracted feasting on the scrumptious tech of all our vanquished foes. This thread has provided a bounty of hilarious posts but this one is my favorite:

We bow to your infinite power, oh mighty God of War! Grant us mercy!

Seriously, you're cute. I was tempted to sell off my infrastructure and land to get down to your level to destroy you, but quickly came to the realization that you're not at all worth my time, attention, and effort.

At least he merited your time, attention and effort here. Whew, close one! B)

I know, right? Sometimes I wonder what you people do on the days and sometimes weeks where I don't post.

Luckily, Pacifica has plenty of like-minded comedians who enlighten us with Pacifican wit in your unfortunate absences.

HeinousOne is my personal favorite posting wannabe IO clone right now. Branimir sure is right about one thing, it usually is awesome to just sit back and let these topics develop their own comedies on their own.

I'm pretty certain that you humor us as much as we humor you. :popcorn:

Prowess in one arena can make up for a lack of it in another, so it's not really unquestionable. Of course they are complimentary, but just because they are complimentary doesn't mean that success in one leading to victory proves greatness or improvement in the other or that the two can't be separated as factors. You haven't had the need to prove or show superior military efficiency in a long time because diplomacy and numbers has won your wars and only required at most average military efficiency. Hats off to you for showing diplomatic prowess and ability to make yourselves large, because those two factors are what have led you to victory in every war for about the last two years.

You are basically doing it again only with more words. You are trying to show how we do not poses great military skill because we lead ourselves wisely in the international arena meaning not into wars where we would be out gunned which is only smart policy.

That by default, as you try to show it, does not prove we lack military prowess.

You should try to stick with the original tune of proving that, because this one used now has a childish logic behind it not worth going much deeper into it.

But I see your problem. If you stick with the original tune, you still lack credibility, due to how it comes out: "We greatly outclassed NPO military wise and I did this amount of damage, received this amount of damage, and my friends did this amount of damage as we totally did brilliantly,......only thing is we suffered a heavy defeat and our alliance was well on its way to turn into fine dust."

Maybe that is why you switched to use this new way of arguing your point, but it also comes out inherently flawed.

All I am getting from you is ungratefulness caused by strong pride and hard feelings. Its understandable and fun for me. Your strong sense of pride combined by your distaste for our success and us drives you to repeatedly make this arguments in which you are trying to somehow ignore the fact that what you did was lose very badly by our design and that the only thing to which you have to thank you are in the shape of a decent alliance now is our mercy to not lead you to the destiny of fine yellow dust land priorly known as FAN. You are trying to come over this facts and not only that, you are by some sentiments poking our sense of pride agitating the people which share an affiliation which showed you mercy when they didn't inherently needed to or were forced to.

That being, accidentally, exactly what I want out of you :awesome:

Idk, implying that NPO helped MK in any way seems down right hilarios to me smug.gif

If there wasn't a political will in the NPO to let MK off the hook in the lat war, MK would be a fine wasteland right about now and we still where

we are.

Being smug about it, its actually quite insulting to the mercy showed. We could have just lived up to our vicious reputation in which we are painted even by those who stand here now healthy by our merciful design and add new targets to our lower tier nations to train on.

I suppose thats worthy of a occasional thank you but that just by my evil moral standard.

Edited by Branimir

You are basically doing it again only with more words. You are trying to show how we do not poses great military skill because we lead ourselves wisely in the international arena meaning not into wars where we would be out gunned which is only smart policy.

That by default, as you try to show it, does not prove we lack military prowess.

You should try to stick with the original tune of proving that, because this one used now has a childish logic behind it not worth going much deeper into it.

But I see your problem. If you stick with the original tune, you still lack credibility, due to how it comes out: "We greatly outclassed NPO military wise and I did this amount of damage, received this amount of damage, and my friends did this amount of damage as we totally did brilliantly,......only thing is we suffered a heavy defeat and our alliance was well on its way to turn into fine dust."

Leading yourselves wisely in the international arena has nothing to do with military skill. Military skill is effective military tactics, training, preparedness, etc that allows you to use your strength most effectively.

Maybe that is why you switched to use this new way of arguing your point, but it also comes out inherently flawed.

It isn't really. In terms of military efficiency, we were better. However even if by military preparedness pound for pound an alliance is worth twice as much, it's still impossible to win when outnumber 6 or 7 to one like we were given that CN is mostly about wars of attrition. I'm not denying that we weren't overwhelmed by huge odds given the numbers against us and that's why we lost. It was impossible not to be. I'm saying that we used our strength very effectively and had superior tactics, so despite the great advantages that the larger side has even in a nuclear war, were able to get a better than 1 to 1 damage ratio, something that too my knowledge no alliance in our situation has pulled off before or been even close to doing even those that went nuclear. That's a sign that we used our strength much more effectively, even if we had much less of it to throw into the fight and lost because it could make up for the massive amount of nations arrayed against us.

All I am getting from you is ungratefulness caused by strong pride and hard feelings. Its understandable and fun for me. Your strong sense of pride combined by your distaste for our success and us drives you to repeatedly make this arguments in which you are trying to somehow ignore the fact that what you did was lose very badly by our design and that the only thing to which you have to thank you are in the shape of a decent alliance now is our mercy to not lead you to the destiny of fine yellow dust land priorly known as FAN. You are trying to come over this facts and not only that, you are by some sentiments poking our sense of pride agitating the people which share an affiliation which showed you mercy when they didn't inherently needed to or were forced to.

That being, accidentally, exactly what I want out of you :awesome:

If there wasn't a political will in the NPO to let MK off the hook in the lat war, MK would be a fine wasteland right about now and we still where

we are.

Being smug about it, its actually quite insulting to the mercy showed. We could have just lived up to our vicious reputation in which we are painted even by those who stand here now healthy by our merciful design and add new targets to our lower tier nations to train on.

I suppose thats worthy of a occasional thank you but that just by my evil moral standard.

I don't really care one way or another for your diplomatic successes that have put you where you are.

The war ended IMO because it was disadvantageous for both to pursue it further, you were unnecessarily losing strength fighting an alliance whose only crime was defending our allies against attacks from your allies who had an extremely weak CB. I personally and we as an alliance never wanted to be your enemy and don't want to now. You put us in that position when we did nothing to harm or challenge you for reasons that I still don't quite get. I'm pretty sure the losses you took in that war were not by design, you were hoping for another war like all your other curb stomps previously where your losses were very minimal. Instead you were quickly losing quite a bit of strength and the war was getting to the point where you'd have faced massive nuclear anarchy and forced collections often leading to bill-lock. It wasn't to your advantage to pursue a damaging war when you had nothing to gain from our demise. Francoism as I understand it is all about preserving peace and security of your alliance, and it was perfectly within those ideals to to end a war that even if you could pursue to total destruction of the enemy, there was no advantage to doing so.

And honestly, I'm not bitter or angry about that. We gave as good as we got for our size and have been able to recover pretty quickly (we're past our pre-war strength now) and I'm proud of what we accomplished. The war itself was the most fun I've had in the game. My motivation for my arguments here are not to provoke anyone or hurt your pride, but to comment on what I believe to be true. I've never been good at not saying what I mean or holding back on what I believe on a subject, it's nothing personal at all.

Azagul: stop biting every piece of bait that is put out there.

He can not help himself.

The dwarf warrior is a proud one and likes to repeat himself only rephrasing certain sentences.

Also he didn't fall for any bait this time, he originally came here spreading his "truth" about NPO war machine that defeated his alliance all on his own and got called on it.

Branimir: You need not be insulted because the decision to let us live was not your own.

I can not help myself.

I am a sensitive guy and think of the kind people in my leadership which graciousness is overlooked.

Edited by Branimir

He can not help himself.

The dwarf warrior is a proud one and likes to repeat himself only rephrasing certain sentences.

Also he didn't fall for any bait this time, he originally came here spreading his "truth" about NPO war machine that defeated his alliance all on his own and got called on it.

are you denying my prescience? Just look at the next post. :v

are you denying my prescience? Just look at the next post. :v

It did made it funnier, but you got to understand your guy. He just cant led it go and must reply to me. Even at the cost of redundancy.

My motivation for my arguments here are not to provoke anyone or hurt your pride, but to comment on what I believe to be true.

Then maybe I just wrongly assumed you could correctly put certain things together in a picture.

When you don't post for a while I just assume someone hit you with a car and then backed over you. You know, normal stuff.

Why aren't you working on your little guides forum? MK's war guide was submitted several days ago in the guides submission forum and still hasn't been moved over yet. :v:

It did made it funnier, but you got to understand your guy. He just cant led it go and must reply to me. Even at the cost of redundancy.

I lol'd, given some of your people still will write long treatises trying to claim you didn't lose GW1. :P

I lol'd, given some of your people still will write long treatises trying to claim you didn't lose GW1. :P

I will take from your post that your done with rephrasing yourself to conveniently ignore certain given facts.

I guess that this is that point where I say that we have to now agree to disagree,....until next time which I know will come :D

Well, I think I am, against my better judgment, going to make a post here:)

What Republic of Roma is doing is very impressive, though given the war system not very surprising. If I bought a Manhattan Project, I could easily do the same thing, probably more effectively due to my larger warchest, tech level, and wonder count. Not to say Republic of Roma's preparation isn't admirable, but there are no secrets involved, only sacrifices.

As for the effect on Pacifica it is of course minimal, 10k NS nations can be rebuilt with ease. On the otherhand I don't buy the argument they are gaining from the experience. I faced a few hopeless raids in my very early times and I learned from them is when someone sends a peace offer with the raid you accept it. Having your butt kicked so utterly and completely isn't a learning experience, it's not challenging, it's like having Bruce Lee take down a high school wrestler. The guy will just be destroyed and have no idea how or why. The effect on Pacifica's strength is basically zero positive or negative, but I certainly do envy Republic of Roma getting to fight constant war while I sit in a seemingly endless peacetime without new enemies:( A war does not have to bring down an alliance or even weaken it to be worth bragging about, I'm sure Republic of Roma is quite enjoying himself. Of course no Pacifican will be wasting their infrastructure on selling down to fight, nor should they be expected too it is not worth it. This in no way makes NPO a paper tiger, they may or may not be, but their ability to fight vastly overpowered 10k NS nations is not a metric we can use to judge that.

The trolling in this thread is quite amusing though:)

From 9:17-10:26 PM I get this:

You have 24 new messages in your inbox.

NPO finally, after 1 month of fighting, launched a successful coordinated attack against me. Lovely. For that, I will give each of them a nuke as a congratulatory gift.

So it took 4 members of NPO to get that going, and still they have not anarchied me.

Edited by Republic of Roma

Oh that’s where you are wrong. You aren't looking at the whole picture. Between FAN, Vox and all the other gadflies we have built up quite a nice scout team to give our small nations a good look to get them ready for game time...

...They are our personal instrument of Darwinism.

Pacifica is willing to throw newer and inexperienced members to the wolves as some sort of extreme initiation, that’s kind of inhumane.