CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

the entire point is someone who ISN'T involved, that way objectivity and fairness is garaunteed, and nobody will be biased against others, therefore abuse of GM power wont occur

I'd wait until GM power is abused before you start accusing us of being corrupt, thank you.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me raises hand

I'm mostly neutral

Hell, have a whole pannel of GM's, make them the supreme court of CNRP, and if too any are particularly IC biased to one side or another, they recuse themselves for that decision.

My $0.02

Edited by Silhouette

No one is neutral in this RP. You're asking the impossible.

I am not asking the impossible. Asking the impossible would be asking you to open your eyes for but a moment and actually look. Go ahead, open your eyes. see reality before you. Now look at the map. Bet you can easy find 3-5 people on the map who are neutral.

and as ive stated before; ideally the GM is someone who isnt even on the map/in RP

Enforces my biases with kick bans?

The only one banned in the channel was niko, and that was because of mercy's ban.

#1 Abuse what authority? I have no authority, the only thing I've done was solve Tanis' problem which Tanis felt was OOC spilling into IC. I felt the same way but I didn't go in Tanis' favor, I did what Dilber suggested and was agreed on both sides.

#2 Anyone banned in CNRP was either given a warning or unbanned immediately after.

#3 Extreme political biases? I can say the same for you.

I would suggest waiting and see how it goes before you start criticizing.

I'm not GM, nor did I suggest myself. And frankly no I will not. There are a lot of people who have an issue with how you run #cnrp. I have an issue with you judging things based on how you feel. I would rather have a GM who has an unquestionable record of fair mindedness.

I'm not GM, nor did I suggest myself. And frankly no I will not. There are a lot of people who have an issue with how you run #cnrp. I have an issue with you judging things based on how you feel. I would rather have a GM who has an unquestionable record of fair mindedness.

Well then I would rather you judge me after I make decisions, not before.

I'm neutral... :P

Can't really declare war on a corperation ( well its possible, but it means getting dozens of nations involved due to having factories all over the globe). I sell stuff to people, people buy stuff from me, but generaly don't become involved in wars & is friendly internationaly IC.

The only problem is that I forgot how to get onto IRC... :( [checks how tto do it in TOOL forums]

I will volunteer myself. I'd say that my track record is pretty neutral. I have my treaties and such but I don't let that influence my decision making. Besides, many of my RPs have the strong potential to make me neutral in the future anyways.

I don't really consider you neutral, just my opinion.

I don't really consider you neutral, just my opinion.

/me shrugs.

As far as CNRP goes, my nation is firmly on one side at the moment, yes. However, with OOC stuff, I don't let IC affect my decisions, and I don't carry over IC grudges to OOC or vice versa. I guess the latter is more what I meant by neutral.

/me shrugs.

As far as CNRP goes, my nation is firmly on one side at the moment, yes. However, with OOC stuff, I don't let IC affect my decisions, and I don't carry over IC grudges to OOC or vice versa. I guess the latter is more what I meant by neutral.

but that still makes you not neutral. It's nice to say that you wont use GM powers to your own advantage, but that not exactly something we can count on :(

Yeah, your probably going to need 3-5 people to be GM instead of one. Bias is impossible to get rid of once one is in CNRP. Recently, I've toyed with departing CNRP. And I wouldn't mind being one GM, if I left, but I shouldn't do it alone.

To the Mods and Gamemasters:

A question on this post: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1170394

Although LVN bring up the issue of "human nature", wouldn't it be infringing upon player's rights, given that they are still my citizens, and LVN had taken the liberty to just assume they went to Rockport on their own? Also, he never RPed how they went there, except they just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in this post. Yes, realism is nice, but given the recent ruling on how a civilian is controled only by the player (unless given permission), I would say LVN's RP should not have happened.

On RP Population: Here is my proposal.

Civilian Multiplier: 0< X ≤ 1000

Civil Defense Multiplier: 0 ≤ X ≤ 50

Edited by Sumeragi

I'm pretty certain you misunderstood the ruling.

Perhaps, but I still don't see the rational of how does "dissidents" went all the way to Africa when not a single Rockport ship was around.

Plus, they were MY citizens. Even if we suppose that the collapse of my government all of the people are stateless, that does not automatically give anyone the right to RP my people (unless I made them citizens of the nation they are in). I never RPed any citizens going to Rockport, never had them obtain Rockport citizenship, and never gave LVN permission to grab them.

To the Mods and Gamemasters:

On RP Population: Here is my proposal.

Civilian Multiplier: 0< X ≤ 1000

Civil Defense Multiplier: 0 ≤ X ≤ 50

To totally skip the LVN thing (which I will), I'll tackle this.

To be honest, civilian multipliers still leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people like them, a lot don't, I happen to not care either way. I'd much rather prefer you guys use the RL equivalents if possible and if not to then make a suitable number that's within common sense. Tahoe uses 18 million citizens period, and he has no "civil defense" or anything, just a military. That's a great idea.

I use 300 million and no civil defense, and during wars it's RPd that the people don't start defending themselves as a 'civil defense' to make it fair. My military if my military, that's it. That's what yours should be, not your civilians.

If someone wants to use multipliers, I'm ambivalent, but if they don't, as long as it's near or below the RL equivalent it's really fine with me.

Perhaps, but I still don't see the rational of how does "dissidents" went all the way to Africa when not a single Rockport ship was around.

Plus, they were MY citizens. Even if we suppose that the collapse of my government all of the people are stateless, that does not automatically give anyone the right to RP my people (unless I made them citizens of the nation they are in). I never RPed any citizens going to Rockport, never had them obtain Rockport citizenship, and never gave LVN permission to grab them.

12 "Dissidents". Since they were in a open bordered country with planes flying to Rockport, they simply got on one and got flown there. They have not got Rockport Citizenship yet, and unless you can prove you have 50,000,000 robots, I will consider some of them human, and able to do this. I don't consider the Mod ruling to be in the right tone because a: they are not in your territory, b : there is only 12 of them, not like 440,000 like you tried to do, and c: They are there for peaceful rp, not a armed militia.

I will ignore your unrealistic cries, as I have state before.

To be honest, civilian multipliers still leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people like them, a lot don't, I happen to not care either way. I'd much rather prefer you guys use the RL equivalents if possible and if not to then make a suitable number that's within common sense. Tahoe uses 18 million citizens period, and he has no "civil defense" or anything, just a military. That's a great idea.

I use 300 million and no civil defense, and during wars it's RPd that the people don't start defending themselves as a 'civil defense' to make it fair. My military if my military, that's it. That's what yours should be, not your civilians.

If someone wants to use multipliers, I'm ambivalent, but if they don't, as long as it's near or below the RL equivalent it's really fine with me.

Rl equivalents are just wrong, giving some people a large advantage for a spot on the map. If you were going to say that, then just abolish any kind of armed citizens, and tell people they can make up numbers they like.

The other thing, is with unlimited citizens (or even RL level), theoretically you could have a massive economy at around 4k infra. (like, scary levels, 200$ per day is $70k+ per person)

Edited by LeVentNoir

12 "Dissidents". Since they were in a open bordered country with planes flying to Rockport, they simply got on one and got flown there. They have not got Rockport Citizenship yet, and unless you can prove you have 50,000,000 robots, I will consider some of them human, and able to do this. I don't consider the Mod ruling to be in the right tone because a: they are not in your territory, b : there is only 12 of them, not like 440,000 like you tried to do, and c: They are there for peaceful rp, not a armed militia.

I will ignore your unrealistic cries, as I have state before.

Frankly, it seems like you are claiming that they were running away from citizenship in other countries to go to a place with absurd laws, where they get no citizenship and are oppressed. It's like if someone were to run away from a way in Israel to hide out in East Germany in the heat of the cold war. It makes no sense.

/me shrugs.

but that still makes you not neutral. It's nice to say that you wont use GM powers to your own advantage, but that not exactly something we can count on :(

Basically what I think.

Well in regards to a GM Botha certianly gets my vote.

Yep, he gets mine too if there ever is a vote ;) Great idea for a pick.

The other thing, is with unlimited citizens (or even RL level), theoretically you could have a massive economy at around 4k infra. (like, scary levels, 200$ per day is $70k+ per person)

Then I'd reckon that those who RP higher populations should expect to have lower RP average income/standards of living.