CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1326783588' post='2901392']
I'm laughing at how people are using new technology without how they need to be used. I mean, really, can we stop with the "let's stuff everything the newest stuff without knowing just how they'are supposed to work?".
[/quote]
Such as spamming ICBMs, against a next-door neighbor...

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1326783588' post='2901392']
I'm laughing at how people are using new technology without how they need to be used. I mean, really, can we stop with the "let's stuff everything the newest stuff without knowing just how they'are supposed to work?".
[/quote]

Considering most military technologies regarding aircraft and navy vessels are classified, no one can claim to know how everything works. This means people have to infer how things work, including you.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1326847084' post='2901836']
Considering most military technologies regarding aircraft and navy vessels are classified, no one can claim to know how everything works. This means people have to infer how things work, including you.
[/quote]
I was focusing on the more public technology like say High-Density Reactive Materials (HDRM). Those are used to force more power into the same area (basically, a stronger punch), not to increase the total yield to affect a larger area (hitting with two punches at the same time instead of one punch). Yet people can't tell the difference and go around using HDRM on artillery shells of all things, thinking it would have a wider kill circle. Oh, and never mind that it's four times as expensive to use HDRM castings (but economy doesn't count, does it?).

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1326850661' post='2901870']
I would like to get some sort of budget [b]guideline[/b] (as in not something strict) included in CNRP, but with almost everyone against it, beats me.
[/quote]

I'm not entirely against it, but the problem would be enforcing this budget, as well as a standardized timeline across CNRP, and I doubt people are going to like this idea. Most people that buy ships from me have observed the fact that I'm taking my time to build those ships, and I haven't heard a complaint, except from Melech, but Melech always complains anyways. That's a pretty good example of budgeting as well as build times.

I try to roleplay a fairly robust economy, but even then, I still feel like Sweden's budget is somewhat 'out there' when it comes to spending, that being said, as I mentioned quickly above, its trying to get people to comply to what would be a slight increase in constraints. -_-

Why do we need all these rules, why don't we just let people do whatever the heck they want? The real winner here is not who has the most realistic !@#$, but who has the most enjoyable !@#$ to read about. I don't want to read a bunch of budget crap, I want to read actual stories or nation building stuff. Why all these rules?

[quote name='Ardenne' timestamp='1326932154' post='2902501']
Why do we need all these rules, why don't we just let people do whatever the heck they want? The real winner here is not who has the most realistic !@#$, but who has the most enjoyable !@#$ to read about. I don't want to read a bunch of budget crap, I want to read actual stories or nation building stuff. Why all these rules?
[/quote]
A big part of this game is wars, and wars take money. It would certainly add an extra element to our wars (which are basically 100% Soviet-style zerg rushes), when you have a tiny country take on a big nation. Let's watch a small nation try to McGuiver a military on a limited budget compared to continental empire that can afford whatever the hell it wants. We're forcing you to be creative, which is far more enjoyable to read.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1326940510' post='2902606']
forcing you
[/quote]

Ummm, yeah, no.. Let people do what they want. I said it once, and I'll say it again, any attempt to force these "guidelines" as a rule will lead to me having all sorts of moronic fun to tie up the GM staff and everyone else into all sorts of legal doublespeak arguments.

Which is more or less my suspicion of what Kankou is really up to in the first place.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1326957459' post='2902745']
Ummm, yeah, no.. Let people do what they want. I said it once, and I'll say it again, any attempt to force these "guidelines" as a rule will lead to me having all sorts of moronic fun to tie up the GM staff and everyone else into all sorts of legal doublespeak arguments.

Which is more or less my suspicion of what Kankou is really up to in the first place.
[/quote]
Okay, then what if I say this: We should have some sort of guideline budget formula to use when some idiot is using unreasonable military stats? Would that suit your holy tastes? What makes this discussion all the more interesting is that its usually the accusers of "bias" or "ulterior motive" who actually are the ones having such things. (Specifically not including Tidy Bowl Man, since he's just being his usual self :P ).

I for one would sort of like a general guideline of economy. I know I've been trying to keep my economy decently alive and reasonable, though I wasted trillions with projects that will only start paying off in years and decades (IC). I might've ruined my economy, but have no idea how to RP such a thing :v:

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1326979660' post='2902823']
I for one would sort of like a general guideline of economy. I know I've been trying to keep my economy decently alive and reasonable, though I wasted trillions with projects that will only start paying off in years and decades (IC). I might've ruined my economy, but have no idea how to RP such a thing :v:
[/quote]
Follow my lead. I'm due for a major collapse soon. :awesome:

Markus, I'll just say that even if a guideline is made, it wouldn't apply to you because you RP your military realistically. What the guideline I have in mind is more of a litmus test against some of the more insanely equipped forces that a few (severe minority) players have, or against the North Korean-like building of military infrastructure that would bankrupt a nation or starve most of the population.

Again, it's not something you force on people, it's more of a standard that the GMs might use when ruling on absurd military RPs, meaning it would not be applied to most of the players unless that player wants to follow that guideline.

Applying economies are stupid. If people are actually creating storylines through conflict they shouldn't be penny pinching bullets. This is fiction after all. The sole problem is people RPing unrealistic military infrastructure (like say someone without a fall out shelter claiming the entire country has huge underground nuke proof tunnels). That is because that isn't reflected in game at all. We should never vote to restrict someones right to RP when there is absolutely zero reason to do so other than one player's political convenience. We need more activity not less.