CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Thank you guys for someone realizing it....I mean honestly if we want this war to start moving again...I'll send in ALL 30000 OF MY SOLIDERS and all 90 of my tanks. They're circa 1940 and yeah they'll be blown to pieces, but if I can get a good plot line out of it then its worth it. We need to stop worrying about armor thickness and if this is because Slavorussia is at a disadvantage, the Russians took a lot of pain during the first part of WWII and then they came back to win it. Its just the beginning, but we won't finish it ever if we don't write and all we do is fight about stuff that, honestly, really isn't extremely important. I mean maybe its a bit important, but who knows the magic tank might not move and the magical AA's might malfunction.

Exactly, but it never escalates to that point. It always gets to a point of, "You can't have that OOC" and the war gets into OOC. Sarah, this is the way it is, and there have been very few of us that don't complain OOC, and complain about the OOC, but nothing ever happens.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for someone realizing it....I mean honestly if we want this war to start moving again...I'll send in ALL 30000 OF MY SOLIDERS and all 90 of my tanks. They're circa 1940 and yeah they'll be blown to pieces, but if I can get a good plot line out of it then its worth it. We need to stop worrying about armor thickness and if this is because Slavorussia is at a disadvantage, the Russians took a lot of pain during the first part of WWII and then they came back to win it. Its just the beginning, but we won't finish it ever if we don't write and all we do is fight about stuff that, honestly, really isn't extremely important. I mean maybe its a bit important, but who knows the magic tank might not move and the magical AA's might malfunction.

YES Exactly! If WW2 went by this mentality, Russia would really have just...shriveled up and died. In fact I best Sarah can be made to kill a lot of stuff with her oldschool soldiers.

First thing I'll do after logging in tomorrow is trying to write some "middle ground" for this to see if we can continue or not.

Who gives a !@#$ if I lose? Or if I win? I just want things to be realistic and consistent. If I get owned, well, $%&@ it, I get owned, I just want it to make sense. Hell, I wouldn't mind having a nice battle to death, but, so far the tactics and tech I employed were better. There's only been like, what, 10 hours of IC fighting? That can't decide the fate of a war unless you were a country like old Lübeck. Be Russian, don't give up!

I do one better. I maintain my own database about everything about my empire.. as any responsible CNRPer should consider doing at one point. Check it in my signature. That's also where Marten needs to put all his tech.. in a link in his sig... Then we can all find it and complain about it to our hearts content. Mind you, we'll likely be ignored, but at least then we would have been said to have tried.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Just as a counter, KM you have sentient Ai in the AutoFlaks and the Seiwa.

And Since your nation died and you left RP, most of that "3 years RnD" is white washed, you have less than 4-5 months of RnD, of which little has been posted.

As I have said before, you do not get a tech bonus for RPing long or hard. Thank you.

You don't need sentience for an automated turret. You need a motion sensor, radar, and some sort of beacon on your stuff that says "don't shoot me" to the computer. It's not really all that insane or advanced, and definitely not requiring a sentient AI

I am sorry but to me you are basically saying you are special here. Your saying because you were here longest you should automatically get to be the strongest. Its basically hanging a big "Screw You." sign to the newer players of RP. You took a beating in a war, HK-47 offered you incredibly good stats and your complaining over not getting to be top 3 or 5. Thats demanding to be special as far as I can tell.

Then HK decide. Hell, even 3250 would be good, I just want some sort of acknowledgement to everything I did before the merger, so it's not just Reimer's tech, since I worked a LOT on it.

Then HK decide. Hell, even 3250 would be good, I just want some sort of acknowledgement to everything I did before the merger, so it's not just Reimer's tech, since I worked a LOT on it.

3250? *growls* Dude, you never got that high and I'm not even sure Reimer has ever been that high. And you're basically saying that after all your country has been through.. it's better off than it was beforehand? I.. am not even going to respond to that.

You don't need sentience for an automated turret. You need a motion sensor, radar, and some sort of beacon on your stuff that says "don't shoot me" to the computer. It's not really all that insane or advanced, and definitely not requiring a sentient AI

It was posted and RPed as having a full blown sentient AI.

I have no problem with Nordland having 3000 tech, but if KM ever RP his own nation again, it should be 2k infra, 500 tech, as it was when he rejoined CNRP.

Btw, if KM gets a bonus for having "RP'd LOTS" for well little actual RnD thread over a mere 4 months, I hate to think what people who have a ligit claim to such a bonus such as Lavo and some of the older Rpers do. And do these bonuses carry over to new nations too? Because I had a reasonable amount of RnD as IW, I should get a bonus, we ALL should get a bonus.

Or we could just scrap that stupid idea.

YES Exactly! If WW2 went by this mentality, Russia would really have just...shriveled up and died. In fact I best Sarah can be made to kill a lot of stuff with her oldschool soldiers.

First thing I'll do after logging in tomorrow is trying to write some "middle ground" for this to see if we can continue or not.

Who gives a !@#$ if I lose? Or if I win? I just want things to be realistic and consistent. If I get owned, well, $%&@ it, I get owned, I just want it to make sense. Hell, I wouldn't mind having a nice battle to death, but, so far the tactics and tech I employed were better. There's only been like, what, 10 hours of IC fighting? That can't decide the fate of a war unless you were a country like old Lübeck. Be Russian, don't give up!

I never said I was giving up, not seriously anyway. I have a problem with the realisim of your rp however, and I've already pointed that out. I'll fight until the very end but I don’t find yours, Lavo's or Reimer's rp as realistic. I'll admit I fouled up my offensive and that’s why I'm now on the defensive now, but I'd like you to remember we had planned for you to strike back, so I wouldn’t expect Slavorussian line to just be eradicated.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Current IG Tech

3,005.79 - Brian Reimer

502.62 - Kaiser Martens

You want stats, there, stats. Now mind you KM's goes down daily as he is getting rolled, but you now have your precious stats. :P

I know. So, Gn has 3k tech, and if KM makes a new nation / Unmerges, he goes to 500 tech and 2k infra, like he was when he rejoined CNRP.

I'll keep this brief. #CNRP is the official recognized channel for IRC discussion of CNRP. This has been all well and good for the past few months, but lately the disturbing trends of partisanship and bias have infiltrated the operator ranks. I have found that it is impossible to have a conversation about important issues without it devolving into the channel founder storming the room and yelling obscenities and/or trying to divert the topic until people get frustrated and stop taking the room seriously. This is not an environment that encourages problem-solving and conversation. Since I have traced the problem back to the channel founder, it has become obvious that this issue will not be fixed.

At the advice of the channel founder, who told me "If I don't like it, leave," I have in fact decided to take matters into my own hands. I have founded the room #cybernationsrp, a room that will be a lot more loosely moderated than the current room. I encourage people to use this room. That is all.

Current IG Tech

3,005.79 - Brian Reimer

502.62 - Kaiser Martens

You want stats, there, stats. Now mind you KM's goes down daily as he is getting rolled, but you now have your precious stats. :P

Are you suggesting adding the together? I hope your not (and you may be not), but if one merger adds tech together that starts a chain reaction. I fear where it would lead (btw, I'd be walking around with 6000+ tech atm if we did add them together so its not like my economic stake wouldn't be pretty good). My guess is this would lead to 3 or 4 super nations merged destroying the quality of this game.

Edit: I also gotta say I agree with Hawk on the channel thing. It shouldn't be used to enforce personal bias.

Edited by Triyun

I'll keep this brief. #CNRP is the official recognized channel for IRC discussion of CNRP. This has been all well and good for the past few months, but lately the disturbing trends of partisanship and bias have infiltrated the operator ranks. I have found that it is impossible to have a conversation about important issues without it devolving into the channel founder storming the room and yelling obscenities and/or trying to divert the topic until people get frustrated and stop taking the room seriously. This is not an environment that encourages problem-solving and conversation. Since I have traced the problem back to the channel founder, it has become obvious that this issue will not be fixed.

At the advice of the channel founder, who told me "If I don't like it, leave," I have in fact decided to take matters into my own hands. I have founded the room #cybernationsrp, a room that will be a lot more loosely moderated than the current room. I encourage people to use this room. That is all.

Is that using MIRC?

Are you suggesting adding the together? I hope your not (and you may be not), but if one merger adds tech together that starts a chain reaction. I fear where it would lead (btw, I'd be walking around with 6000+ tech atm if we did add them together so its not like my economic stake wouldn't be pretty good). My guess is this would lead to 3 or 4 super nations merged destroying the quality of this game.

Edit: I also gotta say I agree with Hawk on the channel thing. It shouldn't be used to enforce personal bias.

You're right, I'm not. I'm merely providing them since everyone seems to be saying "GIVE US A NUMBER MARTENS DAMN YOU". Well, now thay have it.

Personally, I find using Reimer's 3k as the GN number to be acceptable.

I don't like mergers anyway. I was glad when Greater Nordland was formed only because apart they each had most horrendous borders imaginable.

However merged nations create problems. For instance multiple rp’ers for a single nation. I personally wouldn’t ever merge with another country but If I did I would probably use my own stats, and not try to average our stats together. I might show an obvious increase in population, and a larger standing military but that’s about it.

Anyway thats just how I feel about it.

Not to distract you from the real problem here, but when you start planning a war against Martens because you dislike his stats in OOC really disturbed me - and you kept saying the same things over and over, so I told you to change the subjects. You can try to pretend to be the victim and point me out as some tyrannous monster, whatever. The point is that the KM issue had been brought up repeatedly, resulted in the exact same ending and always had whining, obscenities (including from me, I will admit) and pointless bickering that resulted in nothing. Continuing to talk about it would have done nothing but clog up the channel.

Now that the KM talk has stopped, we've actually moved on to more constructive things, like talking about a claim issue with Biohazard and me attempting to (in a strange way) help Maelstrom make sure there were no misunderstandings with his tech deal with Triyun (hard for me to explain).

:wub: Back to the real conversation.

@HK: thanks, I guess calling it 'official' was a mistake, changed

Edited by Sargun

Not to distract you from the real problem here, but when you start planning a war against Martens because you dislike his stats in OOC really disturbed me - and you kept saying the same things over and over, so I told you to change the subjects. You can try to pretend to be the victim and point me out as some tyrannous monster, whatever. The point is that the KM issue had been brought up repeatedly, resulted in the exact same ending and always had whining, obscenities (including from me, I will admit) and pointless bickering that resulted in nothing. Continuing to talk about it would have done nothing but clog up the channel.

Now that the KM talk has stopped, we've actually moved on to more constructive things, like talking about a claim issue with Biohazard and me attempting to (in a strange way) help Maelstrom make sure there were no misunderstandings with his tech deal with Triyun (hard for me to explain).

I have already stated my IC reasons for going to war with Martens. I'm sorry that you do not support them.

I don't like mergers anyway. I was glad when Greater Nordland was formed only because apart they each had most horrendous borders imaginable.

However merged nations create problems. For instance multiple rp’ers for a single nation. I personally wouldn’t ever merge with another country but If I did I would probably use my own stats, and not try to average our stats together. I might show an obvious increase in population, and a larger standing military but that’s about it.

Anyway thats just how I feel about it.

I don't like mergers in any sense. They give more power to each person, and because two or three people are more active than one, people can use much more power than they could even if there were two nations extremely closely allied.

I can agree with this. The whole thing got way out of hand, and Sargun is just trying to keep the channel peaceful.

Wait a second. I looked away from the channel for about 5 minutes.. came back.. posted 3 lines on something related to Marten's claiming to have 3250 tech.. and you kicked and banned me without even asking me to get off topic. You did apologize and say you didn't want to kick or ban me, and I accepted that.. but now this is just an outright distortion of events and I must protest it. You didn't have to kick or ban me, but you did.. and yes.. some of the folks who found what I had to say of some importance did take offense. I agree continuing to speak of it probably wouldn't have made much of a point, but you fail to recognize there were those who wanted to talk about it and you basically stepped on their freedoms. Your choice s the channel founder, but they don't have to accept it.