CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Excuse me for being inactive for the most part and not noticing your atrocious cheating tendencies. I'm voicing my complaints as I see what makes me complain.

EDIT: HK47, he was nowhere near those levels before his beatdown, IIRC.

Edited by Shadowsage

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then you can hardly complain. The threads were there, and posted in often by the Kaiser (such blatant violation of the IG stats rule is against my own rping, but im making a point on people complaining about what the kaiser has). Kaiser Martens cant be held responsible if so few, if anyone at all, made a complaint

My complaint is that we can't read everything and that people should have the common decency and sense to rp sanely without us having to hold their hands each time they develop something.

Or maybe nobody thinks of using outdated World War Two equipment in POST-MODERN DAY. Think of that?

What you mean like the Automatic kalashnikov Model 1947?

As for your request for reference about the t-35 in combat. I didn't get that off the internet. Read it in a book. I'll find the history book I got it from and PM you a qoute, title and author tomorrow night probably.

Edited by Tahsir Re

Thanks man, at least you can get some things right. OOC I have no love for you, and would gladly like to knock you back, but IC i have no reason to do so. Some people seem to be using the Tion incident as a leapboard to hit you KM.

However.

Also, why didn't you ask OOC about my stuff before hand? Like Saboria did, I TOLD him how to invade us so we could RP a fun war, which it was for the most part.

Why didn't I get the same courtesy if you want it to happen to you? I would have loved a "heads up, i'm invading IW".

My complaint is that we can't read everything and that people should have the common decency and sense to rp sanely without us having to hold their hands each time they develop something.

You lose the right to complain if you don't pay attention. I make sure to read everything, and catch up on what I missed over the weekends. When I get a free second, I log in, check to see if anyone is doing something stupid, or declaring war, otherwise not paying attention. Skim everything, If you feel the need to complain, complain, otherwise, you miss your chance.

Why didn't I get the same courtesy if you want it to happen to you? I would have loved a "heads up, i'm invading IW".

You could have, I just checked that thread a few minutes ago, you instantly refused to RP, saying you didn't have time to RP a war, and let him, Ubie Sumer and I invade you. You could try to be nice and respectful, then you may just get the same.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Ug. There would be less anger if people used their signatures for information! Honestly, it is easy to create a network of links from your signature. Like me.

Of course, once again, I'll be ignored. As usual. I'm only not ignored if I come up with a good idea (like making a thread for guidelines), yet even then I'm often ignored.

It would be nice if there was more non-war RP...

Edited by JerreyRough

I think you might want to have a talk to RV and the other small nations that are not high tech powerhouses then....

I can see that if you have no other military. But as you advance, you phase out what your strategies no longer use. It's realistic RP applied to economics.

As I recall from that thread, the only way to be given respect is to give it in return. And I sure as hell haven't been receiving any.

They need to do their part. But let's tone it down a bit, eh? Y'know, sit down and have a nice chat. :D

(PS. I know nobody will probably take my advice, but... >.>)

Edited by JEDCJT

As I have said before on the martens issue, last time this was brought up.

...They bring it back up, over, and over, and over, and over again.

Retconning martens back to a broken nation is retarded at this point and just bad for the game. If you want to give him an exception, then don't complain later on.

Exactly, if you had decided to keep me in the past as broken, I would have. I WANTED to. But now I'm strong I don't want to be weak unless I'm beaten in war after having placed so much job on it.

Martens - as I said last time, pick some stats so people can actually see what is reasonable for your nation and we don't have this huge fiasco all the time. Remember, as you said somewhat under the most advanced nations, but still fairly advanced. So say something like 8k infra 3k tech. You can play around with that. I realise that you merged and stuff, but the issue here is your nation, not BR's.

Explain, in mergers shouldn't the 2 infras be added together? But how does the tech work?

For example, I thought it was as follows:

Tech isn't added up because most nations research different things. But for example if a nation has uber airforce and another nation has uber-tanks, then you'd take the nation with uber-tanks and add some portion of tech to account for the uber airforce (which is discussed case by case, I believe that they had done like Brian's tech plus 1/3 or some other proportion, maybe more maybe less compared to my old tech, which I don't remember)

I know I had like 9k infra before I exploded, so that'd be added to whatever Reimer's infra is. As for the tech, I *THINK* (Not sure, Reimer knows) that it was like at 3500ish, and there were like 2 nations who had some more tech than us. (I'll ask Reimer later)

So, naturally, I just went along RPing as I always do.

The only unrealistic thing I ever RPed were coilgun tanks, but I had established that I tried to get them banned OOC but people wanted to use em, so since I was close to the tech of those using it, I adopted it too. (Honestly, to this day I think we shouldn't use coilgun tanks unless it's a Superheavy Class Tank, but since others use it, I use it.)

I just more or less followed Lavo's stuff, only that I focused on Tanks instead of Planes. As for my Uber planes, you can thank Ford, he sold them to me, I didn't design 'em, so yeah.

So what's the big deal? I didn't RP anything that is impossible to do IRL. Everything has either already been done, or is in prototype stages (and henceforth possible) or slightly enhanced versions of OLDER things.

Guys, let's CALM DOWN. Let's show a little respect around here. There's no need to throw accusations and whatnots around here. Whatever happened to respect?

I am going to stress this point and remind everybody that they need to show their fellow players some respect. The behavior in this thread for the last few pages has been unacceptable and I expect it to stop now. If you have something to discuss do so in a civil manner. As far as Martens, he was given an exception and as HK said don't complain about it now after you already decided. To tear his nation down now makes no sense and will only negatively impact the game as a whole.

I am going to be watching this thread closely and I expect to see an improvement in the discourse.

EDIT: Sounds good about the Book. I read about WW2 a lot, just not the Rooskies. :D

Oh you need to read about the Rooskies! :D They did most of the heavy lifting, though they got a ton of economic support from the allies.

Edited by Mirreille

Ford doesn't have the tech to design those...

Even in real life, people in third world countries aren't cut off from everything modern. I've always RPed that a scientist can design it, but building it is another story. It's like DaVinci's inventions, they were years ahead of his time, he couldn't build them, but he sure as hell designed them :awesome:

You could have been like

"OOC: Can we delay this for like 10 days?"

I'd have been annoyed but waited anyway.

I actually expected to lose badly at IW.

Maybe if you had Pm'ed me that you could have gotten a war. I expected you to god mod and cheat like every other war you have been in. It started badly with Lavo thinking he can shoot down geo sync sats from LEO.

You weren't ever at 3500 tech Martens. Nobody remembers you at that level. When you fought LVN IG, he did more damage with nukes than you and he was in the upper 2000s back in August.

I was about 2300-2500 in aug, not upper 2000s by any measure.

Even in real life, people in third world countries aren't cut off from everything modern. I've always RPed that a scientist can design it, but building it is another story. It's like DaVinci's inventions, they were years ahead of his time, he couldn't build them, but he sure as hell designed them :awesome:

He built a lot of them. And they really weren't ahead of his time; he worked out all the principles behind them and everything. He constructed them using materials he understood, not like WW1 France trying to build a Composite-Armored Tank when they don't even know what the hell Chobham Armor is.

This has nothing to do with the other OOC.

While the mod's are watching could I get this thread pinned? I asked Stormcrow, but he hasn't replied. It's a thread for keeping track of all RP'ers Military weapons. CNRP has so many war's, it would be useful for knowing the weapons of everyone.

He built a lot of them. And they really weren't ahead of his time; he worked out all the principles behind them and everything. He constructed them using materials he understood, not like WW1 France trying to build a Composite-Armored Tank when they don't even know what the hell Chobham Armor is.

But they could design it, just never build it, that's the point. You can draw a picture, but you can't make it real