CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1290363631' post='2519150']
How were navies handled before there were navies in game?
[/quote]

Basically free for all, there wasn't a lot of regulation back then and it came down to the individual to decide what he had. Of course with the exception of ground forces, nukes, etc.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1290370598' post='2519257']
*** Private ***

Meanwhile over the middle of the Antlantic General Mitchell's SR-71 was cruising back to Antarctica making sure to stay atleast 1000km away from Espana at all costs.
[/quote]

I have problems believing an SR-71 would be used on a simple diplomatic mission, considering it's a plane used for recon. Why use a plane with a bunch of extra junk you don't need when a 747 or any other private jet will do?

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290311954' post='2518754']
I'm just going to come out and say that while I do find some truth in Bio's words about RP and story, yadda yadda... the pro J Andrean sentiment seems to scream sweet-hearting. I don't know who this guy is, and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.... but I doubt that we'd be singing the same tune if someone like LVN suddenly came back to CNRP.
[/quote]

Hey guys.. can I come back and have.. half my sea-crawlers? :lol1:

Oh wait I'm still part of UFE, never mind :-P

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1290371010' post='2519263']
I have problems believing an SR-71 would be used on a simple diplomatic mission, considering it's a plane used for recon. Why use a plane with a bunch of extra junk you don't need when a 747 or any other private jet will do?
[/quote]

He's a general that used to be in the Airforce, it's his plane, why can't he use it?

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1290371010' post='2519263']
[/quote]

It's possible for a SR-71 to be used, just like a F-22 being flown by the President or a 747.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Everyone needs to remember that [b]these ships are absolutely useless and are only for[/b] the [b]story[/b] about the downfall of his nation. Until you understand that you could literally throw a rock and win a war against these ships, you won't get a fair voice. There is a huge difference in giving him fully-functioning ships and giving him a hunk of scrap, and again, until you recognize this your arguments won't change my mind.

edit: I sound a little harsh here, but I've had a stressful weekend.

Edited by Sargun

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1292040654' post='2536105']
Why does nobody lock their nations anymore?
[/quote]
Subtle is the administrator of the lock thread, and with him gone here is the best place to acknowledge your absence until someone adopts the thread or Subtle returns.

Let me clarify something for some people who want to take advantage of the rule.

The 25-day inactivity rule is that you have 25 days to post. If, in those 25 days, you do not post, you are considered inactive and deleted. It resets at each update. This is the same as in-game. Subtle has not posted for 24 days and this is his 25th. That means he still has 24 hours to post before he is officially wiped.

The in-game rule [b]which directly correlates into the RP rule: [/b]Nations must collect taxes every 25 days to prevent from being deleted for inactivity.

This [b]directly correlates[/b] into "players must post IC every 25 days to prevent from being deleted for inactivity". This is Subtle's 25th day to post IC.

The above posts by Sargun have been confirmed to be untrue according to conversations on IRC and various past examples that have shown a precedent in how anarchy is handled. Subtle is indeed inactive (and no I will not be claiming Australia).

Edited by Californian

The rule itself is that the RP inactivity matches in-game inactivity rules. This is how it is, this is the rule, this is how it started and this is how it has always been. The conversation on IRC we had actually proved I was correct, and that your past example - only [b]one[/b] - was proven to be a premature use of how anarchy is handled. Subtle is not inactive and anyone who says otherwise:

A) Doesn't know the rules
B) Is purposefully misinterpreting the rules

Edited by Sargun

You are the GM sargun and you may interpret the rule how you like when it is gray. However, the precedent has been that on the 25th day deletion occurs,as IG this is what happens (sometime during the day on the 25th day the nation is purged). Regardless, if you think this reform is necessary, I'll comply with your ruling if you want to push deletion to the 12th.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1292058181' post='2536237']
You are the GM sargun and you may interpret the rule how you like when it is gray. However, the precedent has been that on the 25th day deletion occurs,as IG this is what happens (sometime during the day on the 25th day the nation is purged). Regardless, if you think this reform is necessary, I'll comply with your ruling if you want to push deletion to the 12th.
[/quote]

OH YEAH
That reminds me, disregard everything I said. I was just messing with Ty :v:

Right, I get it's all fun n all that !@#$, but seriously, can I get my automatic voice for #CNRP back and can I please stop getting kicked every !@#$@#$ time I join? It gets to a point where I have something I need to address but I can't because some !@#$%^& is always kicking me the second after I join.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292201165' post='2537790']
If you weren't an !@#$%^& every time you tried to join, or used profanity in your nicks, or insulted everyone all the time you might be allowed to get your voice back.
[/quote]
Sorry if I occassionally get in a bad mood and the people kicking me every two seconds don't exactly help. I only use profanity in my nicks because when I join as dotCom, what do I get? I get kicked.

As for insulting everyone, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm a hopeless troll :v And if they don't then they should know that I pretty much mean nothing I say in #CNRP.

Again, I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I have a short temper and when people constantly kick me for no reason, I tend to lose it.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1292201416' post='2537794']
Sorry if I occassionally get in a bad mood and the people kicking me every two seconds don't exactly help. I only use profanity in my nicks because when I join as dotCom, what do I get? I get kicked.

As for insulting everyone, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm a hopeless troll :v And if they don't then they should know that I pretty much mean nothing I say in #CNRP.

Again, I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I have a short temper and when people constantly kick me for no reason, I tend to lose it.
[/quote]

Then check yourself before you come in and get some self-confidence you jackwagon

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292202397' post='2537800']
Then check yourself before you come in and get some self-confidence you jackwagon
[/quote]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_P8gJsOil0tg/Swb2rlWduYI/AAAAAAAAASE/LqcoRJEW_K8/s1600/r-lee-ermey,-actor.jpg[/img]