CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='Sargun' date='10 June 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1276228297' post='2332764']
Project Gold Sun, meanwhile, was the highly-classified strategic defence initiative. In light of the cascade failure of the earlier Tahoan defence, it was clear that another was needed in order to protect and preserve national security. The purpose of Project Gold Sun was to succeed in the creation of the Battle Stars - undestroyable satellites capable of launching high-speed munitions to intercept and destroy incoming missiles. The success rate to classify the Project as a success is [b]50% for general missile interception [/b]and 60% for nuclear missile interception.[/quote]

Really? Have we FINALLY ruled that IG Missile Defences mean something in CNRP? If so, I'm glad.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Baron: It's one of those things we'll have to chalk up to being in CNRP. The rule for wonders and improvements has been in-game trumps RP, which is why even though we can get a 100% success rate at shooting down nukes using real life technology it will permanently be 60%.

[quote name='Sargun' date='11 June 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1276314344' post='2334413']
@Baron: It's one of those things we'll have to chalk up to being in CNRP. The rule for wonders and improvements has been in-game trumps RP, which is why even though we can get a 100% success rate at shooting down nukes using real life technology it will permanently be 60%.
[/quote]
Hmm, so that means with the current system you could nuke a navy of any nation when it's in port and you can ignore the SDI? And the blast wave magically ignores the rest of the city?

[quote name='Sargun' date='11 June 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1276290310' post='2333689']
So why can't navies be protected by SDI? There's no balance issue there; in fact, it's unbalanced because you're now leaving navies more vulnerable than things like aircraft, which typically don't operate in international space.
[/quote]

I thought of a rule to take care of this: You need at least 3 destroyers/cruisers/frigates in a fleet for SDI protection. This rule will penaltize those that try to beat the system by stationing one ship to protect allies.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='11 June 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1276312833' post='2334366']
Really? Have we FINALLY ruled that IG Missile Defences mean something in CNRP? If so, I'm glad.
[/quote]

I've always RP'd an "experimental missile defense system" in my country that corresponds with my missile defense systems IG... I didn't realize other people didn't.

[quote name='Sargun' date='11 June 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1276295175' post='2333917']
Cry more about your complaint being shot down, Subtle. If the nuke is aimed at the port the ships are docked in, then the nuke will have a roll because that's where the ships are. If it's aimed at the city, then there will be no roll. The obvious way to avoid this is to simply nuke the city, which makes the port useless.
[/quote]
So you resort to the 'crying' accusation when you can't think of a valid argument. Perhaps that satire thread has some point after all. You completely ignored the point about physics...

Besides, if they simply say that it is aimed at such and such a point, who's to say really whether the target is truly the navy, or the port?

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='12 June 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1276332426' post='2334777']
I've always RP'd an "experimental missile defense system" in my country that corresponds with my missile defense systems IG... I didn't realize other people didn't.
[/quote]

Yeah, i've been told that IG Missile Defence improvements mean jack in CNRP.

[quote name='Sargun' date='12 June 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1276395910' post='2335658']
I've always done improvements = in-game. Whoever told you that was wrong.
[/quote]
Sargun's right on this, EM. Each IG missile defense stops 10% of all missiles launched at you.

EDIT: Clarification. All Non-nuclear missiles.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='12 June 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1276308740' post='2334242']
Sargun, nuking a city will sink the ships if they're in port at the city.
[/quote]

Depends where they are in the city and whether its a H-Bomb or Atomic bomb, and what size of atomic bomb. During the cold war most military systems were designed to be employed in a nuclear war, and while you can't escape a 10 megaton H-bomb, if you were hit by a 20 kiloton nuke in uptown manhattan, a ship in downtown likely would survive (although those outside the ship's secure doors) could be in trouble from debris and winds.

Edited by Triyun

Can anyone tell me the history of the area where my new nation (Canuckistan) is located? Like who's owned it in the past and such.

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/sparadise34/canuckistanmap.png[/img]

The area in question

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='16 June 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1276735822' post='2340103']
Can anyone tell me the history of the area where my new nation (Canuckistan) is located? Like who's owned it in the past and such.

-imgsnip-

The area in question
[/quote]

It's been part of Tahoe (RP'd by Lord Mudd) for a few months, Tahoe protectorate before that and Viniland (RP'd by V the King) before that.

EDIT: And Mael's right, Lynneth RP'd Canada in the same location before that, but that was more than a year ago (before Viniland).

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='16 June 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1276738231' post='2340130']
Yes Sal: You are in a former part of the old Canada (Played by Lynneth) which was based on 'rational' communism and which had previously been called the Saboria. I think the area was owned by Tahoe at some point after Canada collapsed.
[/quote]

Lynneth never got all the way over there. Ever. It was always owned by Viniland first, followed by Tahoe.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 June 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1276740435' post='2340177']
Lynneth never got all the way over there. Ever. It was always owned by Viniland first, followed by Tahoe.
[/quote]
This is very much the truth.

Edited by Lynneth

However, didn't the guy that played as the USNA (United States of North America) own that territory at one point?After Lynneth kicked him out of his original territory, I mean.

EDIT: Thanks for the save, Jed. *hands Jed a plate of cookies*

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 June 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1276764197' post='2340501']
However, didn't the guy that played as the UNSA (United States of North America) own that territory at one point?After Lynneth kicked him out of his original territory, I mean.
[/quote]

Yes, he did. That, and it's the USNA (the 'S' before the 'N', lol). :P

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 June 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1276764197' post='2340501']
However, didn't the guy that played as the USNA (United States of North America) own that territory at one point?After Lynneth kicked him out of his original territory, I mean.

EDIT: Thanks for the save, Jed. *hands Jed a plate of cookies*
[/quote]
He owned Alaska once upon a time, after I kicked him out. However, the territory Canuckistan is in is former Vinilandese territory, then Tahoan, then...his.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87599&view=findpost&p=2340639

The irony, of course, being that iamthey and I explained ourselves to each other while you were not only wrong but in fact contributing to clutter yourself. Good job!

[quote name='Sargun' date='17 June 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1276785705' post='2340653']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87599&view=findpost&p=2340639

The irony, of course, being that iamthey and I explained ourselves to each other while you were not only wrong but in fact contributing to clutter yourself. Good job!
[/quote]

I followed in your leadership, you inspired me. In the future, rather than pointing fingers do try to find your way to pm rather than spewing invective all over a thread that for the most part was in IC up to the point you starting shrieking like an eight year old girl not getting her way.