CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Don't take it personally, I take any opportunity I can get to spout amoral social Darwinistic/nietzchien views and analysis. :v:

Edited by iamthey

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost 300 infra, 75 tech, all of my troops, all of my tnkas, half of my aircraft, and millions of dollars.

You think I would want to fight back and lose wahtever I had left? I would have, if I calculate this right, 0 infra, 0 tech, 0 troops, 0 tanks, 0 aircraft and 0 dollars.

You decide what I should've done. ;)

Kept on fighting
your re rolling ingame anyway.

if somebody walks to you in the street and punches you in the face, you dont beg them to stop, u fight back, even if your gonna get your $@! handed to you =/

not to mention this is a game so it doesnt matter eitherway if you get crushed. has no impact what so ever

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='23 April 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1272069892' post='2272510']
[b]NTR PLANNING SATTELITE LAUNCH[/b]

$10 billion have been placed into a program to create the first NTR space program, who is going to be a part of [i]FirstHand[/i]. The mission of NTR and [i]FirstHand[/i] is to launch an unmaned sattelite to take pictures of the Moon, Mars, the Earth and other areas of outerspace. The program is just the beginning in the project.

The sattelites, pre-named but not officialy named [i]Beginning[/i] and [i]FirstHand[/i]. Both are planned to be launch exactly two months from each other. The project is to take about 2 years to create the sattelites and a stable launching zone.

No additional information has been announced.
[/quote]

Two things. 1, you can't have a Space Program. 2, until you have Satellites IG you don't have them in RP.

[quote name='Shadowsage' date='24 April 2010 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1272115716' post='2272953']
Tahoan soldiers fighting with increased tenacity and recklessness were easier to kill by the methodical, cold, and efficient Imperial soldiers. The Emperor had this to say:

"You will fight on the beaches, you will lose on the beaches. You will fight in your cities, you will lose your cities, forever swept under the sands of time. History is on our side; surely you must realize that this outcome is inevitable. We will bury you.

You have one ally; you have no intercontinental assets. Your murderous tyranny of the past has finally caught up to those it dearly wishes to reap vengeance upon. The sins of the past will forever be erased through the admittance and dissolution of the Tahoe Republic."

OOC: [url="http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=1940-06-04a.787.0"]The REAL speech[/url]
I thought I recognized 'his' speech from somewhere.
[/quote]

Most people don't fully write their own speeches anymore. :P I can't blame him though, it's a good speech.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='24 April 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1272127093' post='2273069']
Voodoo, I was told by sargun as long as the sattelites aren't used for military you can have them. MILITARY sattelites aer the ones for IG. This one merely is taking pictures.
[/quote]

Around earth, yes. For anything beyond low-earth orbit, you need a space program.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='24 April 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1272127093' post='2273069']
Voodoo, I was told by sargun as long as the sattelites aren't used for military you can have them. MILITARY sattelites aer the ones for IG. This one merely is taking pictures.
[/quote]

Any satellite can be a military satellite and vice versa, it's all in how you use the technology. The weather satellites are used by the military, just like communication satellites can be used for military purposes.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='24 April 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1272127093' post='2273069']
[/quote]

mmhmm... "Taking pictures" is very vague. You could be taking pictures of military targets, plus, because of the nature of satellites, you can use them for communication purposes as well. I'm not sure what exactly makes a military satellite different from a civilian satellite in terms of hardware, but I am pretty sure that a civilian satellite can do everything a military satellite can.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='24 April 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1272130326' post='2273125']
mmhmm... "Taking pictures" is very vague. You could be taking pictures of military targets, plus, because of the nature of satellites, you can use them for communication purposes as well. I'm not sure what exactly makes a military satellite different from a civilian satellite in terms of hardware, but I am pretty sure that a civilian satellite can do everything a military satellite can.
[/quote]

Not to forget if I read his post right he is suggesting a spaceship as it is capable of going to the moon and mars.

[quote name='Centurius' date='24 April 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1272130485' post='2273129']
Not to forget if I read his post right he is suggesting a spaceship as it is capable of going to the moon and mars.
[/quote]

[quote]
<Centurius[NV]> wait, isn't a Satellite with the capability to go to other space bodies a spaceship?
<SpacingOutMan> lolwut?
<SpacingOutMan> And not necessarily.
<Centurius[NV]> Fizzy, he made a satellite that is able to go to the moon and mars
<Centurius[NV]> but has no SP nor satellites ig
<SpacingOutMan> Yea, that is not possible.
<SpacingOutMan> There is no way in Hell he has a geocentric or aleocentric artificial satellite, so the only thing he has are low-orbit satellites.
<SpacingOutMan> Once he gets satellites IG, then he would have (strictly) Earth geocentric satellites
<SpacingOutMan> Once he gets a space program, then general geocentric and aleocentric (and haleocentric) satellites would be good to go.
<SpacingOutMan> So at the moment, his "satellites" can only go upwards of 1200 miles.
<SpacingOutMan> That is considered "low-orbit"
<Centurius[NV]> yeah[/quote]

As of right now, those are the given guidelines to his possible satellite's specs. Nothing over ~1200 miles, +/- 50 miles, within the Earth's orbit.

[size=2][quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='24 April 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1272130811' post='2273140']
As of right now, those are the given guidelines to his possible satellite's specs. Nothing over ~1200 miles, +/- 50 miles, within the Earth's orbit.
[/quote]

Why does he get satellites at all? He has neither a space station nor satellites in game, which leads me to believe that he should have nothing that can go higher than a plane.[/size]

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='24 April 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1272131919' post='2273159']
[size=2]

Why does he get satellites at all? He has neither a space station nor satellites in game, which leads me to believe that he should have nothing that can go higher than a plane.[/size]
[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, we have always let people have low-orbit satellites.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='24 April 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1272130326' post='2273125']
[/quote]
I think the main difference is in how strict security measures are--aka, how easily they are hacked. And of course, a military satelite for taking pictures probably has much more sophisticated equipment, for obvious reasons.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='22 April 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1271988305' post='2271462']
They have taken Midway, losing no soldiers of our own nor killing any of yours. Their thirst for war has been satisfied.
[/quote]

I'll come out and say it right now. If ever I am engaged in a war with anyone, and for some reason or another do not respond to your attacks for a while, for the love of god do not do this. I give my permission here and now for a non-involved party to RP my forces on my behalf, or at least opposition to attacks.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 April 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1272150094' post='2273463']
I think the main difference is in how strict security measures are--aka, how easily they are hacked. And of course, a military satelite for taking pictures probably has much more sophisticated equipment, for obvious reasons.
[/quote]

Google Earth is all that needs to be said about satellite pictures.

[img]http://www.dvhardware.net/news/google_earth_car_crash.jpg[/img]

Google Earth uses civilian satellites. This is a car crash image from said civilian satellite. Something like this, if allowed, could easily be abused IC'ly to act as a military satellite.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='24 April 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1272159089' post='2273607']
Google Earth is all that needs to be said about satellite pictures.

[img]http://www.dvhardware.net/news/google_earth_car_crash.jpg[/img]

Google Earth uses civilian satellites. This is a car crash image from said civilian satellite. Something like this, if allowed, could easily be abused IC'ly to act as a military satellite.
[/quote]
As I said, civilian satellites would not be as secure. We could make it so that it would not even take a spy roll to hack the civilian ones.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 April 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1272159618' post='2273621']
As I said, civilian satellites would not be as secure. We could make it so that it would not even take a spy roll to hack the civilian ones.
[/quote]

That's not the point. Point is, a civilian imaging satellite can be used as a military recon satellite, therefore they should fall under the IG satellites guideline. If it's a weather satellite, that's fine and dandy, but not imaging satellites.