CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

Can I upgrade my airforce from 105 squadrons to 105 wings? Most of these planes will be B52 bombers. 10-20 wings will be fighter-planes, 5-10 the CAS-planes and the rest will be the Stratofortress.

In the United States Navy, a wing is a group of two or more squadrons of aircraft that are based on land rather than on an aircraft carrier. A Carrier air wing (or Carrier Air Group) consists of seven squadrons, four of which are of fighters or fighter-bombers.

:awesome:

Okay, I have something that I feel needs to be brought up. There seem to be quite a lot of people here who, for all intensive purposes, refuse to RP outside of wars, signing and talking about treaties and the occasional speech. I think that this goes agaisnt RPing as a whole, because they are just going around and yelling "RAWR I KILL YOU NATION BAD.... NOES, YOU CAN'T NOT FIGHT BACK, THAT IZ GODMOD!!!" and that truly gets on my nerves, and it needs to stop (Both the lack of RP, and the bad grammar ;) ). Discuss

Question:

Can I upgrade my airforce from 105 squadrons to 105 wings? Most of these planes will be B52 bombers. 10-20 wings will be fighter-planes, 5-10 the CAS-planes and the rest will be the Stratofortress.

:awesome:

Umm... hell no. The accepted multiplyer for high-tech nations is each "plane" = 1 squadron, not one wing. More multipliers is bad.

500 tech is F-22s (so says the game... not CNRP, lol)... basically, I feel that if you have above 500 tech, you can have 60 squadrons (or whatever number of planes you have) of your CNRP tech year of planes... doesn't seem unreasonable to me. The idea for nations that go even higher in tech is not to get more planes (because more multipliers = more things to remember = more complicated = bad), it should be to make better planes.

In short, my answer to wings is still hell to the no and it won't be recognized by me.

I have question: Is this RP strictly limited to nations or can one RP an organization (business, rebel group, news station, etc) and/or RP as an individual?

There are a few people who have RPed corporations (either based in someone else's nation, or their own). No one has RPed a news organization that I know of, but I do believe that would be allowed as it is a type of corporation (mainly people RP arms corporations). A few people have RPed as rebel organizations in the past, though no one currently is. As for RPing an individual, that's an interesting concept and haven't seen it done before, but I don't know why I wouldn't be allowed.

Everything RV said, plus I think that it would be exceptionally cool, as a broadcasting major myself, to see some type of fair, impartial, international news organization that will compress everything that goes on in the world into nice, 30 second clips for those of us too lazy or too busy to read massively long threads that don't involve us.

Or even biased news would be cool.

The problems with the other types of RPing is they require a good deal of skill and creativity to pull off, unlike a nation. As a benefit though, you are pretty much immune to consequences, unless the whole world hates you as a terrorist group or something.

Or even biased news would be cool.

The problems with the other types of RPing is they require a good deal of skill and creativity to pull off, unlike a nation. As a benefit though, you are pretty much immune to consequences, unless the whole world hates you as a terrorist group or something.

Or, when your news company gets blasted for pissing off too many nations. :P

I have question: Is this RP strictly limited to nations or can one RP an organization (business, rebel group, news station, etc) and/or RP as an individual?

I'll echo what everyone else already said; there aren't any "rules" for you to break in that regard, though I do think magic & sci-fi stuff is out of bounds for the most part. It's just going to require a bit more effort and you might feel left out of certain things with the amount of wars that tend to happen here. I do think that player who was running the Dalai Lama came the closest to RPing an individual so far.

To be honest, when I first considered coming into RP all of the land I wanted was already owned so I considered something similar, but I realised it would go against the grain of what other people were doing. Also, RPing an assassination group pretty much goes against the spirit of RP in general. B) So I changed things around. If you do decide to try it I wish you luck.

Well, I will say that tech isn't everything. Even lower tech, but well trained soldiers, in a highly fortified position can be hard to get through. Could even stall an invasion. However, there are more ways to defeat a position than simply attacking it with soldiers, so yes, there are ways around everything.