CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. If we got rid of it, then your stats vary.

All I know is that at one point you had to provide a screenshot of pre-war stats and then it'd be saved until you could rebuild. I'm not sure if we still have the system, but nobody can do it anyway since we're already in war.

It is interesting how some of the very same people who called out for banning the saved stats all those months ago now regret its absence!! Anyway it makes for some interesting changes in CNRP's political dynamics, some powers come up, some others go down, :) I think the CN stats changes must definitely be reflected in CNRP, it would be a pure RP challenge about how we can explain away those changes. Perhaps it may form an incentive to some of our more stuporous members to be active once again as the cob webbed stats they based their pre-eminence upon would be shaken.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='14 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1266204088' post='2182026']
Lol, did you people seriously forget about the whole saved stats mess?

Of course we have no more saved stats... We got rid of them, we pay the price now.
[/quote]

It's not really paying a price. Stats don't make RP any better.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='14 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266205460' post='2182065']
It's not really paying a price. Stats don't make RP any better.
[/quote]

Stats do not affect the quality of the RP itself, correct.

Stats DO however, help in other regards. In that case, I wish for the 'Great Reset' to be just that.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='13 February 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1266108826' post='2180006']
Well...

Sorry for the spammy spam. I won't do it again.

Who here dislikes NTR? Raise hands people, raise hands!
[/quote]

You just need to read more carefully. If you shouldn't be there or don't understand what's going on, don't post.

[quote name='Sargun' date='15 February 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1266199138' post='2181829']
Unless you saved your stats before the war - which none of you did - then it goes down. There is a reason that we established a saved stats system.
[/quote]

We abolished the saved stats system sargun.

Why Sargun might have slightly underestimated the potency of his EMP Nuke:

One of the unique features of SREMP is the high late-time voltage which can be produced on long lines in the first 0.1 second. This stress can produce large late-time currents on the exterior shields of systems, and shielding against the stress is very difficult. Components sensitive to magnetic fields may have to be specially hardened. SREMP effects are uniquely nuclear weapons effects.

During the Cold War, SREMP was conceived primarily as a threat to the electronic and electrical systems within hardened targets such as missile launch facilities. Clearly, SREMP effects are only important if the targeted systems are expected to survive the primary damage-causing mechanisms of blast, shock, and thermal pulse. [b]Because SREMP is uniquely associated with nuclear strikes,[/b] technology associated with SREMP generation has no commercial applications. However, technologies associated with SREMP measurement and mitigation are commercially interesting for lightning protection and electromagnetic compatibility applications. Basic physics models of SREMP generation and coupling to generic systems, as well as numerical calculation, use unclassified and generic weapon and target parameters. However, codes and coupling models which reveal the response and vulnerability of current or future military systems are militarily critical.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/intro/emp.htm

Anything over a few hundred Kilotons runs a good risk of knocking out most/all of north Africa. Also, for EMP higher is not better. The higher the altitude of the burst the closer it gets to major magnetic field lines which increase the charge distribution ranges.

Unfortunately no online calculators exist yet for such measurements so I think the best way to handle it would be Sargun to say the area he wanted to affect in radius and diameter and assume his scientists had enough intelligence to adjust the altitude and yield appropriately before launch.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/EMP_areas.JPG"]http://upload.wikime...d/EMP_areas.JPG[/url]

I'm using that as the basis. None of which you just copy/pasted shows otherwise. I chose 30 miles because I just guessed that Nod was about that size or larger. :v:

Edited by Sargun

Sargun, the attack you conducted would create an artificial radiation belt that would affect the ionosphere and most of the Low Earth Orbit satellites flying in that region. This would mean that neither Rebel Army nor Novak would be able to have any LEO satellites in that entire sector of the sky.

Anyway if exo atmospheric tests are okay, that means the question i asked some weeks ago have now been answered. Now I too am free to conduct some tests over my own soil. Let me see if some one objects citing the "debris" and "fallout".