CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='HHAYD' date='23 July 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1279927972' post='2386693']
That doesn't mean that someone WON'T drop a nuke onto it, a couple biological missiles, and maybe an EMP missile to top it off.
[/quote]
Ah, but you said Sarah-Haters testing ground. Which is no longer applicable. :P

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='23 July 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1279929516' post='2386720']
Ah, but you said Sarah-Haters testing ground. Which is no longer applicable. :P
[/quote]
Fine, [b]Subtleknifewielder[/b]-Haters' testing ground. How is it? :awesome:

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1279924496' post='2386633']
You mean like that time Uberstein got killed but you pulled a double out of your $@!? :P
[/quote]
That double was legit, though I admit I could have RP'd it better.

Though people could still try to kill Uberstein if they can find him. :P

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1279896895' post='2385866']
The irony of all this being that I planned on coming back from my little one-day vacation and cooperating with everyone, as evidenced by my states willingness to drop their laws and me voluntarily pulling that vote.

In short, Maelstrom, you are a liar and a hypocrite and deserve to be labeled as such. Were I not in a good mood I'd do something about it but I'm just going to make you look like a goddamn fool.
[/quote]

Yes, I am such a liar.. such a hypocrite. You are the one that says it is so easy to run a merger. You have said I have done it for myself and for my own power.

Well, here's your chance to prove it true.

You now have control of the United States of America. I have encouraged all former states to remain loyal to you in my absence despite the fact many see you as a self-centered jerk who has nothing but a concern for himself. I told them to give you a chance and to see if you will act any differently now that you are in power in a democracy. To see if you can actually hold onto this power I have obtained and assembled through careful persuasion and teamwork.

Lets see if you can handle that kind of power.

This is my challenge to you: Hold the U.S. together in its current form and add to it over the course of 1 (RL) month, restoring to it only territories that consist of the modern United States holdings as exist in reality. Now, keep in mind, the challenge is not to restore the entire U.S., just a portion of its old holdings. You also have to do this without violating the constitution. While doing all that, you must also maintain the fact book.

If you can do this.. without any secession.. without any revolts.. and in gaining some territory in the name of the United States, you will have proven yourself right. However, I think you're going to find that in CNRP with great power comes almost more responsibility than it's worth when it comes to a democratic merger.

Best of luck, I hope you prove me wrong.. but historically.. your disposition doesn't seem like it will mesh with the model.

I just gave your game an objective. Can you achieve it?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote]You now have control of the United States of America. I have encouraged all former states to remain loyal to you in my absence despite the fact many see you as a self-centered jerk who has nothing but a concern for himself.[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]This[/url] is true. :smug:

I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around for thirty days. I don't care if you think I'm backing out from your challenge; I've already explained to the states that elections will go on and when they do I'm out of here. They'll also be shortened because of the postponement, so if my opportunity appears in a week from now then I'll be bailing out in a week and a day. That's just how it is. I don't play CNRP according to your rules or objectives or challenges.

Call me a coward all you want. I have much, much better things to think about than this. Thanks for the challenge, though. Maybe we can do it again some time.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1279930697' post='2386746']
Fine, [b]Subtleknifewielder[/b]-Haters' testing ground. How is it? :awesome:
[/quote]
Nah, doesn't have the same ring... :P

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1279932099' post='2386761']
Psh like any of them really exist in the first place.
[/quote]
You'd be surprised.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1279940724' post='2386904']
All of my countries except for the Sarnungian Republic count as a SKW hater testing ground
[/quote]
Wait...why would people who hate me attack you? :huh:

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1279948074' post='2387127']
That double was legit, though I admit I could have RP'd it better.

Though people could still try to kill Uberstein if they can find him. :P
[/quote]
Where is the old man nowadays anyway?

[quote name='JerreyRough' timestamp='1280023915' post='2387904']
I need to find some land.

Land that's both close to plenty of people and I have as little restrictions as possible.
[/quote]
There is plenty of land up in the arctic area of North America.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280025507' post='2387928']
There is plenty of land up in the arctic area of North America.
[/quote]
What I was thinking was somewhere in the middle of everything, like Europe, the islands in the Pacific Ocean, central Asia, central Africa or even central North America.

But I just remembered some other land I'm allowed to have. Its got what I need.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1280156538' post='2389693']
Whats the IC reasoning behind China's Declaration on Koryo? I'm all for righteous punishment and IC threads opposed to OOC, but this just screams IC/OOC line crossing. I especially enjoy the land gifting portion. If the dude is a multi, simply wipe and retcon his RP.
[/quote]

AFAIK, China sought after Singapore and was furious when their bid was undermined and the land given to Korea. China now sees an opportunity not only to seize Singapore, but to return lands that are viewed by some as 'stolen' to their former owners (RA and Malay)

[quote name='Drakedeath' timestamp='1280158968' post='2389723']
AFAIK, China sought after Singapore and was furious when their bid was undermined and the land given to Korea. China now sees an opportunity not only to seize Singapore, but to return lands that are viewed by some as 'stolen' to their former owners (RA and Malay)
[/quote]
Ah. That makes sense.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1280156538' post='2389693']
Whats the IC reasoning behind China's Declaration on Koryo? I'm all for righteous punishment and IC threads opposed to OOC, but this just screams IC/OOC line crossing. I especially enjoy the land gifting portion. If the dude is a multi, simply wipe and retcon his RP.
[/quote]

IC reasoning is that the northern state of Koryo had been doing so many backdeals against the interests of Koryo's allies, it was better to kill it off. It worked with my RPs before it, when I have a coup in Chosun.

Also, the Singapore bid was won by Neo Tokyo/Japan, which I took out for threats against Japan.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280003320' post='2387652']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]This[/url] is true. :smug:

I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around for thirty days. I don't care if you think I'm backing out from your challenge; I've already explained to the states that elections will go on and when they do I'm out of here. They'll also be shortened because of the postponement, so if my opportunity appears in a week from now then I'll be bailing out in a week and a day. That's just how it is. I don't play CNRP according to your rules or objectives or challenges.

Call me a coward all you want. I have much, much better things to think about than this. Thanks for the challenge, though. Maybe we can do it again some time.
[/quote]

I don't call you a coward, but seeing you drop the country in 3 days after obtaining it is fairly disappointing. This after you ranted on forever about how much better of a job you might be able to do. I was under the impression you wanted the job. You've done America proud.

Lets see how Mykep fairs.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1280275969' post='2391786']
How do you have your thread titles changed?
[/quote]
[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1280277288' post='2391827']
PM a mod and ask them to change it for you.
[/quote]
^ This. You can't change it yourself, unfortunately. :(

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Someone roll Maddy for attempting to breach the laws of physics by pretending Africa is not a desert and that hills are mountains. I gave her an objective reasoning as to why her plan is implausible and she completely and utterly ignored the facts.

Full detail on the science behind the debunked project is here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89829&view=findpost&p=2394264

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1280354346' post='2392957']
Also, she was clearly asking for it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Drakedeath' timestamp='1280443202' post='2394448']
Also, I agree with earlier sentiments that she was asking for it."
[/quote]

I think it's telling that so many people were so outraged after they imagined an underlying racism in maddy's news thread and yet failed to express similar outrage over these comments, in the same thread, that clearly make a joke of sexual violence against women.