CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='25 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1267139952' post='2203809']
I have a question, is the population in CNRP 100 multiplied by WORKING citizens, or # of supporters?
[/quote]

It's most likely your number of supporters, since soldiers are included in the in-game total population count. However, you can go with other numbers as long as it's realistic.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='22 February 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1266895404' post='2198408']
Man, CNRP has been getting a bit boring for me lately. There isnt much for me to post in my news thread, except for progress on my fortification projects. :/
[/quote]
You can RP trying to send operatives into TUO's held area. Interesting stuff will occur.

You can also wait until the next Christmas season for a VERY interesting RP, assuming you don't mind the damages your IC nation will take.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='23 February 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1266990785' post='2200685']
[img]http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/experimental-special3-kuro.jpg[/img]

I suggest people start using these. :P
[/quote]
Tanks dropping from the sky, scary even if they don't have a way of descending safely. If they do have parachutes, um, paratank blitz anyone? :ph34r:

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='27 February 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1267238400' post='2205717']
If I decided that a natural disaster such as a hurricane came, it would have to pass through the Caribbeans first, so would that be allowed if it headed near my nation, or would I need other nations' approval?
[/quote]
Usually, they're free to ignore the effects and only have to RP them if they want to.

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='25 February 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1267140129' post='2203815']
It's most likely your number of supporters, since soldiers are included in the in-game total population count. However, you can go with other numbers as long as it's realistic.
[/quote]
No, it is [i]only[/i] multiplied by your number of taxpaying citizens. That is [b]ALL[/b]. However, since citizens aren't allowed to be used during wartime anyway, that rule is alittle more flexible than most.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='26 February 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1267238400' post='2205717']
If I decided that a natural disaster such as a hurricane came, it would have to pass through the Caribbeans first, so would that be allowed if it headed near my nation, or would I need other nations' approval?
[/quote]
[quote name='Lynneth' date='27 February 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1267271863' post='2206376']
Usually, they're free to ignore the effects and only have to RP them if they want to.
[/quote]
[quote name='Silhouette' date='27 February 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1267289842' post='2206626']
You could do it, but you couldn't force them to RP any damages, that would be entirely up to them.
[/quote]
Like they said, you can do it, but you cannot force anyone else to RP the effects.

You know, I might quite CNRP. I can't do anything, I am nowhere near in strength to the other nations, and I hating having to deal with IG cutting backs and losing whatever I have left in CNRP. The governments don't care for me, I feel unwanted, and my IG debt has me becoming weaker and weaker.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='27 February 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1267324766' post='2207323']
You know, I might quite CNRP. I can't do anything, I am nowhere near in strength to the other nations, and I hating having to deal with IG cutting backs and losing whatever I have left in CNRP. The governments don't care for me, I feel unwanted, and my IG debt has me becoming weaker and weaker.
[/quote]

I don't get it. If your IG strength is failing, that doesnt necessarily mean you lose out in CNRP. While people like RPing damages, you don't HAVE to rp every little ding that affects your nation.

As for feeling unwanted, I don't know what you mean. You seem to be cutting back on the spam posts... why don't you just do some internal RPs or something?

Yes, some people may not like you, but that is par for the course, Fizzy. most people here have one or two other people they don't get along with.

P.S. I think I remember you from a while back. You participated in a character Rp of mine, involving a bioterrorist, didn't you? :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='28 February 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1267402216' post='2209061']
What was the thread called? I have a faint memory of you. Or is that a joke?
[/quote]
No joke. I can't remember the name of the thread, but HHAYD was the other person involved, and another person I can't remember.

I have 3 tiers of infantry.

The Lights

The Heavies

The Elite Cadre

Would it be possible to say, count 1 light infantry man to 1 IG soldier, while equating 1 heavy infantry man to possibly 1.5 to 2 IG soldiers, and Elite Cadre as 3 or even 4? Ie: They are stronger/better trained than the run of the mill soldier someone would field?

[quote name='Sargun' date='01 March 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1267494820' post='2210624']
I think you're allowed to do it as long as the other person says it's okay. I know Lynneth and Lavo have something like that.
[/quote]

Oh, no, I don't mean for this to be like only a war thing. I want to have, instead of 10,000 soldiers, like 2,500 Elite Cadres.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='02 March 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1267494655' post='2210618']
I have 3 tiers of infantry.

The Lights

The Heavies

The Elite Cadre

Would it be possible to say, count 1 light infantry man to 1 IG soldier, while equating 1 heavy infantry man to possibly 1.5 to 2 IG soldiers, and Elite Cadre as 3 or even 4? Ie: They are stronger/better trained than the run of the mill soldier someone would field?
[/quote]

In the past the rule on that has been no. Because you can't go the other direction. (ie, I can't say 1 soldier = .5 ig). That being said, having soldiers that are elite is not against the rules, in so far as you don't abuse it. At the end of the day its the opponent who is RPing the casualties so that also mitigates some of the potential abuse. Feel free to RP your different classifications of soldier, but each one counts as 1 ig soldier; that does not mean they have to be equal though.

Edited by iamthey

So my alliance sucked me into a war and I got clobbered right off the bat. Fortunately, the guy we're fighting is all alone and when the rest of the alliance is around he's going to get ripped apart. I hope. Anyway, on to my point: should I change my totals to reflect the changes in my IG CN? Or can I just leave them where they are at my previous all time highest levels? I'm sure I'll recover from the war, and the numbers will more than likely fluctuate as the fighting continues. Also, everyone told me cruise missiles were bad for new players to buy - I've proved that wrong. Against an enemy who is higher tech than you, cruise missiles can help to level the playing field.

I'm kind of bummed because I was hoping to get into my first tech deals soon, but looks like it'll have to wait.

There are no saved stats in CNRP. If you don't want to RP any kind of destruction to your nation that's up to you, however if you were to get involved in a conflict in CNRP it would be with your current numbers, not the ones before the war.

[quote name='Californian' date='03 March 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1267612002' post='2212483']
There are no saved stats in CNRP. If you don't want to RP any kind of destruction to your nation that's up to you, however if you were to get involved in a conflict in CNRP it would be with your current numbers, not the ones before the war.
[/quote]

I'm aware of that. I was asking if I had to update m CNRP nations numbers every day or if I could wait until things stabilize.

[quote name='Canaris' date='03 March 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1267630099' post='2212616']
I'm aware of that. I was asking if I had to update m CNRP nations numbers every day or if I could wait until things stabilize.
[/quote]

Some people choose to RP every little nick or scratch their nation gets IG, others don't. It's really up to you, just remember that should you enter an IC war or conflict, you must use the stats you currently have.