Events are back!

MotherAfrica

These new events are horrible. Nearly everyone in my alliance is getting bad events exclusively. Us larger nations have started paying bills only every 10 days. There is no reason we should be afraid to pay bills or collect taxes more often. What about the smaller nations that cannot afford to pay bills every 10 days? These bad events hurt them way more than a larger nation since they don't have the massive amount of income. Something isn't right. If the odds are really 52/48 how come everyone I talk to has almost exclusively bad events?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I do something I get an event. I hadn't paid bills or collected in 12 days, and I did them both today and got negative events. -_-; Ruined my plans to wait out the other events by giving me more trash to deal with.

Ya someone in my alliance is at 4 bad events and 0 good ones... He is a larger nation too so this is a lot of money we are talking about.

Someone in mine got four good events...

fourtheventmp4.png

I'm not bragging. I just wanted to show that good things are happening too.

the problem is that although the events probably are about even good/bad, the people who get good events either don't say anything or don't see an issue with the event process (and why would they?), whereas the other half of people, the ones who get bad events exclusively, feel the need to complain on the CN forums (which is also understandable). However, for us reading on the forums, that gives the false impression that everyone is getting bad events, which is NOT TRUE - it's just that the people who get bad events are the people who are going to post in this topic...

the problem is that although the events probably are about even good/bad, the people who get good events either don't say anything or don't see an issue with the event process (and why would they?), whereas the other half of people, the ones who get bad events exclusively, feel the need to complain on the CN forums (which is also understandable). However, for us reading on the forums, that gives the false impression that everyone is getting bad events, which is NOT TRUE - it's just that the people who get bad events are the people who are going to post in this topic...

I agree with that up to a point. Even if we take as a given the percentages are the same as admin told us, there seems to be a visible difference between the quality of the good events compared to the bad events. I have not heard of a +5 happiness event, nor even a +3 happiness event, yet I have heard of some pretty bad bad events (-5 happiness)

It should be noted that in the nearly one hundred days before the event change I got zero events. Since the change, I have four.

sswu5.png

One was slightly positive and one didn't apply to me but I must have some sort of amazing luck (or lack thereof) to get four events on a 10% chance. So I'm -8 happiness and -20% income for about a month :(

Edited by Weiss von Toten

still no event for me :|

Me neither

I had a good and a bad event, which essentially leaves me at -$2 income. I certainly dislike the implementation of events, as I was glad to see them gone to begin with. I fully intend to pay bills and collect taxes only when absolutely necessary.

I am beginning to think I should do the same. I am currently testing my luck by paying bills daily, but haven't gotten anything yet. Mebbe I'll do the once every 3 days thing.

I am beginning to think I should do the same. I am currently testing my luck by paying bills daily, but haven't gotten anything yet. Mebbe I'll do the once every 3 days thing.

Well this is one good way to decrease server traffic if 90% of the players aren't going to collect/pay bills every day now. I was planning to wait to start swapping, but after 3 bad events, f-it, I doubt I'll be showing up more than once every couple of days, which sucks, I like to be active.

I've got two marginally positive events:

6/23/2008

7/23/2008 A neighboring nation has been hit hard by war and its citizens are deserting into your territories in droves. Option selected. See Current Response. Option 2: Deport the immigrants and close all borders to immigration. Citizen count -1%, Citizen income +$3.00.

6/22/2008

7/22/2008 An unexpected drop in the price of oil per barrel has surprised your nation. Should you take action? Option selected. See Current Response. Option 2: Buy surplus oil and release it directly to the public. Population happiness +1.

the reason why i think good events arent reported is because they have little effect.

if things continue this way, youll get the reports of good events, since theyre so seemingly rare that its a relief to get a very minimal good event than your typical super bad event.

I only have 2 bad events, yet it puts me at -$8.00

PLEASE SAVE US ADMIN!

My last event ended up being such a strong negative that it canceled the effects of my Stock Market wonder. The best choice was -$10.

If I wasn't a huge nation it would be crippling. What I lose every day now would boost a small nation into orbit.

Minus -$10 with a single event! Some players are getting multiple events at a time.

I definitely know a nation, by the name of Le Pays de Werty, who lost a single resource trade and got hit with 2 hard events at the same time and was actually losing money and going into bill lock. He had been only playing about 5 months and was working hard at it. One of those rare newcomers to the game instead of just a restart or a friend recruit. He was upset that nothing he did wrong still ended up sending his nation down in flames. No wars. No lazy playing. Just game code fried his nation. It was quite a disappointment for him and ruined his enjoyment here.

What did he do? He deleted his nation and quit the game.

So will another I know as well very soon. He's in the process of dismantling and gifting out his nation after 18 months. Just walking away from this game mess even though he loves the alliance play.

My other alliance members are getting fed up and looking for other entertainment avenues as well.

These events will kill this game if they aren't fixed. Mark my words.

Option 2: Organize a partial cleanup effort. 1 point of damage to environment, Citizen count -1%.

And that was the best option I had.. bah. It made me buy a new border wall. I also have a -10% land event but that one doesn't matter.

Edited by Viluin

Option 2: Organize a partial cleanup effort. 1 point of damage to environment, Citizen count -1%.

And that was the best option I had.. bah. It made me buy a new border wall. I also have a -10% land event but that one doesn't matter.

Environment penalties from events can not be offset with government type, resources, border walls, etc.

Learned that the hard way, stuck with -2 env that I can't offset.

wahoo another neg event today :rolleyes: can we turn these things back off now, or change the odds!?

Environment penalties from events can not be offset with government type, resources, border walls, etc.

Learned that the hard way, stuck with -2 env that I can't offset.

yea as well learned the hard way.. should have rechecked this thread..

Edited by acrux

Be careful for what you wish for.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly, I'm curious if there are any really good events in the game. Of the 4 I have gotten, two were ok, one was neutral but only because I could avoid doing what it was hurting me on, and the last one pretty much hammered me into the ground for a month. I was just fine with these turned off.

Edited by Regent of Omerta