Interkosmos and Elesef Peace, Intelligence, and Aid Treaty

7 hours ago, jerdge said:

"Regardless"? That's the point.

CN mechanics don't prevent nations from being in range of too much stronger ones, and having to fight too many simultaneously, and seeing literally years or decades of work, to build up their firepower, hopelessly erased in a very short time - some weeks, sometimes a few days.

Nations interested in having any military meaning in the medium or long run can only do so by establishing allegiance with the biggest and strongest group in the pond.

Which is where we are. Since around 2008, I might add. As I had hinted at, this horse had been beaten to death so long ago that the people that knew those that had any memory of those originally beating it, have also mostly left this realm long ago.

Edit: for completeness, now we have few enough nations that a tight group of experienced, Wonders equipped, medium-low NS nations can do something meaningful, even without comprehensive links to the net of allegiance (and thanks to those links being somewhat loose, in fact). It can't shake up everything, or anything meaningful for that matter, but they can have a bit of the fun they like, at least. They just need to avoid any real challenge and/or to poke a true bear and they'll be OK.

(I'd still be bored by the lack of true challenge but hey, I'm not CN's universal role model...)

Also edit: for all I know 99% of the big alliances might be almost completely dead and unable to pull even a fraction of their weight... but keeping nations around and showing up once or twice a year isn't exactly demanding, thus they find it too easy to preserve and use their firepower. Which is another flaw of the mechanics we have, BTW.

I both agree and disagree with this entire post and am having a hard time expressing myself properly. The RFD and friends coalition fought the entirety of last war vastly under weight in the upper tiers, and in NS in general, and fought Oculus and friends to a standstill. I think most of this worlds leaders are far too attached to their pixels, and combined with stagnant that’s a serious detriment to anyone wanting to do anything.

That being said neutrals routinely get walloped and I’m sure for many it’s hard to motivate themselves to rebuild over and over again. 

On 1/3/2024 at 1:40 PM, kerschbs said:We have people who are dying of boredom, ghosts hit our allies, seemed like a great reason to give people something to do. Plus, Wolves are awesome.

It’s always entertaining dealing with those who are bored.  

3 hours ago, kerschbs said:

[...]

That being said neutrals routinely get walloped and I’m sure for many it’s hard to motivate themselves to rebuild over and over again. 

I can't speak for other neutrals, assuming there are some, but AFAIK in the GPA nobody is really interested in rebuilding anything, or in actually "playing the game", for that matter.

Should one's nation get destroyed, it won't be intentionally rebuilt, it would just hang around long enough for it to come back a bit.

I guess we're horribly boring.

(Case in point: I buy tech but I don't really care how much tech my nation has, to me it's just a way to have a connection with other players.)

On 1/2/2024 at 10:10 PM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yeah better hurry up guys, if you sign treaties with bigger alliances? Bundy has made clear with this post; he probably won't attack you if you do because that'd mean having to fight someone bigger if he did and evidently he's not about taking that kinda risk which might result in a fight with someone much bigger. Which is weird because that'd surely mean more casualties? 

I guess he'd rather stick to what he knows is safe and risk free* because he's just a one-trick pony dressed as a wolf.

*Insofar as he believes it to be.

What was the size difference between TW and Red Alert when Bundy attacked last time?

I'll wait.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

What was the size difference between TW and Red Alert when Bundy attacked last time?

I'll wait.

I think it was something like pi rounded to three decimals multiplied by the exponent of the circumference of the spare tire in admins trunk divided by the square root of the sum of the two equal sides of an isosceles triangle which has a third angle that is equal to the length of a tabletop football field .....or something like that.   

Also, for reference, I heard that Bundy scored four touchdowns in one game on that football field too :D  

Edited by DavidMustaine