Reforms and why they fail...

Evangeline Anovilis

Oh, Horo is the third GM, that's a certainly going to be unique opinion. I never suggested it only existed just for me, but it has been proven repeatedly that there is clear voting groups within the community with every single election in RP1 before the split, and then in RP2.

Edited by Mogar

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this has anything to do with actually having reforms, but hey, let's keep the subject on things other than why this game is considered to be the least active of the three options!

You are bringing up other stuff from the past all the time, which is why we discuss unrelated matters. But good you want us back on track again.

Last I checked, it was him, you and Eva as GMs, so he sort of does control this, yes, and if he is against said reforms I predict the voting will fall with everyone in #hegemon voting right alongside him, since solidarity and all.

Yeah, GMs are Justinian, Horo and me. For over 3 months already. And GMs are judges, not the rulers of the RP. It's like telling the chief justices that they are responsible for Congress being unproductive...

Oh, Horo is the third GM, that's a certainly going to be unique and opinion. I never suggested it only existed just for me, but it has been proven repeatedly that there is clear voting groups within the community with every single election in RP1 before the split, and then in RP2.

People sharing a certain point of view will share opinions on certain matters. And that our current GM court got elected is not related to favoritism, but to trust in people doing their job properly.

Nobody else is going to roll in next to Triyun besides you, you are fully aware of this. Africa and Middle East limits you incredibly on the type of nation you are, and everything else(the parts that people actually want to RP) is controlled by #hegemon.

I just rolled into a RL shithole area of the world, surrounded by powers on four sides. Lets see how limiting it really is.

I just rolled into a RL !@#$hole area of the world, surrounded by powers on four sides. Lets see how limiting it really is.

18:19:35 -ChanServ- Access list for #hegemon:

-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-   Num   Lev  Nickname
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     1   100  Triyun
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     2   100  Voodoo
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     3   100  SarahTintagyl
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     4   100  Yawoo
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     5   100  Justinian_the_Mighty
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     6   100  ImperatorAzenquor
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     7   100  iamthey
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     8   100  Horo
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-     9   100  Evangeline
-
18:19:35 -ChanServ-    10   100  VektorZero[TOP]

It's almost as if I clearly stated something regarding that channel in the post you quoted or something.

You're making an ass out of yourself with these assumptions again. I suggest quitting while you're behind.

Feel free to prove me wrong then and roll Tianxia then? You've proven in RP2 that you are unwilling to stop playing the same game that RP1 has been for years now, I'd be happy to be proven incorrect about you.

Feel free to prove me wrong then and roll Tianxia then? You've proven in RP2 that you are unwilling to stop playing the same game that RP1 has been for years now, I'd be happy to be proven incorrect about you.

I don't need to prove a thing to you. Like I said, I suggest you stop making an ass out of yourself over an RP you're not in and won't join.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Interesting land is subjective.  People can make any part of the world interesting if they put effort into it.  You can also work to recover it.

You've made this point to death and it was as illegitimate then as it is now. Let's just be frank, a bunch of Westerner's who are likely Caucasian (except for the ones who self report otherwise, and even then) from America, Canada, and Britain are not going to usually want to play as, say, Communist Togo, or Liberated Republic of Kuala Lampur. You can say I'm projecting, or that that's a terrible attitude, but it does nothing to change the reality that if the only things on the map are places that don't interest me, and populations and stories that don't speak to me, I'm either going somewhere I can play what I want, or I'm going to be a German Reich in Africa.

The fact that you are a policy wonk doesn't mean that everyone here needs to engage in your particular worldview, to be told they aren't creative or open minded enough because they don't want to be Steampunk Gabon or the like.

Don't even bother pointing out that you are in the neighbourhood of Tianxia, Japan and Russia. I bet just like last time you were an exception, you simply don't count.

Well, now, I can't help being an exceptionable person can I ;)

You've made this point to death and it was as illegitimate then as it is now. Let's just be frank, a bunch of Westerner's who are likely Caucasian (except for the ones who self report otherwise, and even then) from America, Canada, and Britain are not going to usually want to play as, say, Communist Togo, or Liberated Republic of Kuala Lampur. You can say I'm projecting, or that that's a terrible attitude, but it does nothing to change the reality that if the only things on the map are places that don't interest me, and populations and stories that don't speak to me, I'm either going somewhere I can play what I want, or I'm going to be a German Reich in Africa.

The fact that you are a policy wonk doesn't mean that everyone here needs to engage in your particular worldview, to be told they aren't creative or open minded enough because they don't want to be Steampunk Gabon or the like.

Don't be hating on Togo now. I almost chose to play that country when I joined cnrp2. Well, not as a country per say, but I was thinking of rping some kind of mercenary/bandit group for my "nation" :P

Edited by Mr Director

Yes because the only alternative to being allied to someone is attacking them. 

It's zero sum if you make it that.

Did I make it into one for The Cape? what exactly has changed about the ruleset to punish that sort of behavior? nothing? you made this thread for reforms, I presented several, you ignored them.

Did I make it into one for The Cape? what exactly has changed about the ruleset to punish that sort of behavior? nothing? you made this thread for reforms, I presented several, you ignored them.

Did MGL make it into a zero-sum game or war for the relations with me? No. Because how your diplomacy works out depends on both sides. and if one side is following a confrontational zero-sum logic, well, then you can either go with it or try persuade the other side that it is better to engage in more cooperative diplomacy. This is how it works. This is how it continues to work. And no, I'm not introducing reforms based on your whining about it, because today it's this, yesterday it was something else and tomorrow it will be something entirely different. I'm going to debate your suggestions at a point when I actually have some faith that you're actually interested in getting things solved, not just make this a platform for taking shots at us and trying to paint yourself the oppressed victim of the hegemony. Not that you'd stop making pointless posts for the time to come, but don't expect me to put more effort into responding to such than it is actually worth.

You've made this point to death and it was as illegitimate then as it is now. Let's just be frank, a bunch of Westerner's who are likely Caucasian (except for the ones who self report otherwise, and even then) from America, Canada, and Britain are not going to usually want to play as, say, Communist Togo, or Liberated Republic of Kuala Lampur.

I RPed as Pakistan for a year. I studied the region, culture, and economy fairly intensely to do it right. I now know why those people are pissed off all the time.

I'm going to be a German Reich in Africa.

Good news, YOU CAN!

Steampunk Gabon or the like.

Sub-Saharan Africa pretty much is steampunk.

I RPed as Pakistan for a year. I studied the region, culture, and economy fairly intensely to do it right. I now know why those people are pissed off all the time.

Good news, YOU CAN!

Sub-Saharan Africa pretty much is steampunk.

1. I recall that, and if you're that into it, good for you, but I won't let anyone shake a finger at me and say "Well, Europe is all one color, and so is all the other places you might like, go play as the Sandwich islands or go to hell!"

2. I left CNRP long ago, but when I was a member Triyun had made it clear how he felt about "Germans in Africa". He refused to recognize any rp that happened that didn't reflect the culture and values of the country you were playing in. I haven't payed attention to it since, so if he's had a change of heart I don't know, but that was him then.