Reforms and why they fail...

Evangeline Anovilis

1. I recall that, and if you're that into it, good for you, but I won't let anyone shake a finger at me and say "Well, Europe is all one color, and so is all the other places you might like, go play as the Sandwich islands or go to hell!"

2. I left CNRP long ago, but when I was a member Triyun had made it clear how he felt about "Germans in Africa". He refused to recognize any rp that happened that didn't reflect the culture and values of the country you were playing in. I haven't payed attention to it since, so if he's had a change of heart I don't know, but that was him then.

He may not have had one but a rule was voted on and passed that allowed it to be done freely and banned it from being used as a case for war.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to point out something from cnrp2 that proves I am almost always right when discussing military hardware. I made the point you could swap the guidance systems on a tomahawk and hit a ship.

Welp:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/02/12/navy-test-tomahawk-missiles-moving-targets-orig.u-s-navy

Suck it doubters. I was right. If only I'd patented the design.. *chortles*. But that'd have involved infringing on other patents.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Wanted to point out something from cnrp2 that proves I am almost always right when discussing military hardware. I made the point you could swap the guidance systems on a tomahawk and hit a ship.

Welp:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/02/12/navy-test-tomahawk-missiles-moving-targets-orig.u-s-navy

Suck it doubters. I was right. If only I'd patented the design.. *chortles*. But that'd have involved infringing on other patents.

Then you didn't read what I said.  I said it was an upgrade coming out but not operational yet.  You argued the Tomahawk D already had the capability, which it did not, hence why there is an article about them testing the missile.  

Then you didn't read what I said.  I said it was an upgrade coming out but not operational yet.  You argued the Tomahawk D already had the capability, which it did not, hence why there is an article about them testing the missile.  

I don't think you were one of the ones arguing against modularity.  Therefore you would not have fallen in the category of a doubter. Anyway, back on topic. Reforms don't work because people want to do things differently.  I think if it is plausible it should be permissible that everyone shouldn't have to arbitrarily follow the same tech path for example, but I realize there are many varying opinons on that. However, I do believe that deviating from the known tech path would require extensive rp of development to justify it.

People simply aren't going to agree on how the world should operate so it's best there are 3 worlds. I agree with Margrave on that aspect.

Welp:

Let's be clear, you've spent the majority of your time here abusing the system in order to facilitate your obsession with dragons, rules or rulings with your influence (like your long ago sea trawling missile launchers) are always something for the sane to be suspicious of.

Let's be clear, you've spent the majority of your time here abusing the system in order to facilitate your obsession with dragons, rules or rulings with your influence (like your long ago sea trawling missile launchers) are always something for the sane to be suspicious of.

Give it time, the navy's working on those sea crawlers too.. And dragons, that's just style.

He may not have had one but a rule was voted on and passed that allowed it to be done freely and banned it from being used as a case for war.

Long after I departed the roleplay, to be sure. That's great, but it's too late for myself or the ones who departed, and you've not been getting droves of new recruits either, have you?

The devices required to repair the artifice of this community are beyond me, and I don't think that there's any particular trick or bet or deal to bring everyone under the banner of one story any more.

Topic is completely off track. This isn't the OOC thread this is a thread for; 1. discussion about reforms 2. discussion about discussion about reforms and 3. to blame #hegemon for your problems. If you're not doing one of these 3 things then please take it elsewhere.

Give it time, the navy's working on those sea crawlers too.. And dragons, that's just style.

there is nothing stylish about your game breaking, SDI ignoring, fireball shooting dragon.

On topic, I feel, as I have for some time, that divorcing stats from story would be for the best for all of us, if there was a reform that was to be successful.

I say we reform Justiniain. He's quite up tight about his reform discussion. Separating stats from story no longer makes it a cnrp based rp. It could be conducted on any other forum. This one is for cnrp based rp. Some of us would actually like a place to somewhat simulate our nations outside the boundaries of our IG AAs. The real problem is you can't fully separate the nation and the AA as many have pointed out due to the benefits they convey.

One could argue that any player has the possibility to be in any AA given the will to conform to that AA's culture and therefore we select our fates in selecting our IG allegiance both in and out of the IC world.

Also Margrave: My dragons do not ignore sdi, and not all of them shoot fireballs. Given you probably never read my RPs though I could understand you making these mistakes.

Shut the fucking fuck up about your fucking missiles Mael and Triyun. Christ. Triyun dont fucking bite, Mael is a troll of colossol propertions and you know it so save us all the headache and let him sit smug and ignorant, missing the entire point of the thread at hand.

Mael take your gloating to another thread because your just derailing the purpose of this one.

Topic is completely off track. This isn't the OOC thread this is a thread for; 1. discussion about reforms 2. discussion about discussion about reforms and 3. to blame #hegemon for your problems. If you're not doing one of these 3 things then please take it elsewhere.

I blame #hegemon for not letting me in #hegemon. Also, I blame #hegemon for not even letting me know it existed until I heard about it here.

Shut the !@#$@#$ $%&@ up about your !@#$@#$ missiles Mael and Triyun. Christ. Triyun dont !@#$@#$ bite, Mael is a troll of colossol propertions and you know it so save us all the headache and let him sit smug and ignorant, missing the entire point of the thread at hand.

Mael take your gloating to another thread because your just derailing the purpose of this one.

Have you considered therapy?  also no.

I blame #hegemon for not letting me in #hegemon. Also, I blame #hegemon for not even letting me know it existed until I heard about it here.

I I don't know how long it exists already, but you are quite late in noticing its existence, given people complained about it all over the place.

Except for the fact the majority of the things listed have little to do with IG statistics and more to do with removing the toxic as fuck circlejerk that runs this community. I do appreciate you saying that in order to matter in CNRP1 you have to join a neutral AA or run into peace mode every war, essentially avoiding the CN game itself in order to maintain your strength for RP.

Except for the fact the majority of the things listed have little to do with IG statistics and more to do with removing the toxic as $%&@ circlejerk that runs this community. I do appreciate you saying that in order to matter in CNRP1 you have to join a neutral AA or run into peace mode every war, essentially avoiding the CN game itself in order to maintain your strength for RP.

Ahem.