I have been thinking

Zoot Zoot

Well, I have to admit, most of Asia isn't all hyped up to play regular "Imma rp'ing my nation doing stuff, hey-o look at me" when next door is the giant red blot.  Most the work so far is the fantasy adventuring over there.  I know it's bad since the Goodwill Tour was near the top of page 2 for over a month.

I mean sure, outside of Markus and the war, there isn't much going on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you brought this up using the same language that you did in query, makes you just as culpable and seems suspicious to say the least when you then immediately make this topic. Also you gave up South America because Cent bribed you with Britain as part of a power play. Considering I had to spend a few days preventing a war between my allies I remember that one quite well.

The fact that you brought this up using the same language that you did in query, makes you just as culpable and seems suspicious to say the least when you then immediately make this topic. Also you gave up South America because Cent bribed you with Britain as part of a power play. Considering I had to spend a few days preventing a war between my allies I remember that one quite well.

I moved to britain because vektor said I could do. it was smaller than an entire continent, please do not assume to know my motives mate. If you DO know my motives, then share your damn seer stone with the rest of us.

Maybe there hasn't been a whole lot of activity is because school is starting to pick up again? I know after I get done with all my classes the last thing I really want to do to go up against a wall of technobabble and try to chess my way out of it.

Im not going to war you Markus, jeeze. I'm bloody well bored so I'm creating drama for some interaction between players, which was the entire point of this thread, right until Triyun claimed it was so I could get more land, which is absurd as I pointed out.

This is what preplanning has done to us, people cant take a damn unknown motive anymore and they can't just roll with it OOCly. Sure You are doing bloody good ICly as escalating it, but you automatically assume that I am going to attack you and start talking about how you don't want to go up a wall of technobabble.

Take a step back and just roll with it. But if it makes you feel better, I am NOT going to attack you.

Why dont we do this.

1. Clear the Map
  2. Abandon the Current Scales(Will explain)
  3. Add two other parts to CNRP, a Colonial Era RP Map and a Year 2500 CNRP map to go along with our New Map

Now these three proposals would bring 2 more groups of people to RP, solve the problem of the map and put a fair playing field out there.

If we where to abandon our scales (Tech, Weapons, so forth) we would level the field. At the beginning, nations recieve all the same amount of Tech, Military ETC which will be determined by the GMs. After a war, a GM ruling is issued determining the loses.

The world isn't fair or even.  Sierra Leone doesn't get to be as strong as South Africa or as rich as America.  Learn to play what you have and get good at that before you try to branch out.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

I moved to britain because vektor said I could do. it was smaller than an entire continent, please do not assume to know my motives mate. If you DO know my motives, then share your damn seer stone with the rest of us.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/112507-operation-reclamation/

In this one Vektor actually didn't agree to the whole land deal between you and Cent giving South America to the Union which is why there was all that tussle and I had a head ache.  Vektor interpreted Cent's actions as interfering in the European Partition that the two had agreed to, and thus a power play.  The deal with South America seemed to be you get Britain and Cent's bloc the Union gets South America.  I don't really see how thats disputable.  I mean this is the world, these things happen I'm not casting judgement on it, but it was a power play and it was a land swap for all intensive purposes the first time.  

Beyond that like you start this topic casting aspersions on people and such, but you don't really have any sort of rigorous analytical argument and your points seem to be self serving.  I'm going to be annoyed by it.  If you're going to debate you should provide specifics and evidence, not just hint at big players being mean, when all this is is a repeat of your complaining in query.  You're not allowed to expand, so what, you got the largest amount of territory in the Middle East.  

And yeah I'm sorry this does seem an awful like you're talking about you getting more land.  Because this isn't the first time this idea has been proposed, but as best I can tell it is the first time that you've proposed it and the vocabulary you used is exactly the same vocabulary that you used and arguments you used to get more land from me.  As soon as I said no to that land you start talking about abolishing the map so you can get that land.  It seems an awful lot to believe that these aren't linked.

this one Vektor actually didn't agree to the whole land deal between you and Cent giving South America to the Union which is why there was all that tussle and I had a head ache.  Vektor interpreted Cent's actions as interfering in the European Partition that the two had agreed to, and thus a power play.  The deal with South America seemed to be you get Britain and Cent's bloc the Union gets South America.  I don't really see how thats disputable.

Wow. That actually seems very disputable, seeing as the deal wasn't fully agreed to.

Freeform RP is ultimately, the best way to RP in a game that has no real definitive borders. Attempts to bring some semblance of order and structure into the maelstrom that is Planet Bob only serves to estrange casual RP'ers from those that spend far too much time on this kind of thing.

The less transparent and open RP is, the less likely it is that people will want to join in. This, combined with community attitudes is what needs to be recognised for the issue of 'RP dying' to be properly dealt with.

Edited by revolutionary rebel

Freeform RP is ultimately, the best way to RP in a game that has no real definitive borders. Attempts to bring some semblance of order and structure into the maelstrom that is Planet Bob only serves to estrange casual RP'ers from those that spend far too much time on this kind of thing.

The less transparent and open RP is, the less likely it is that people will want to join in. This, combined with community attitudes is what needs to be recognised for the issue of 'RP dying' to be properly dealt with.

You don't have to use the CNRP continuity. Start your own RP if you don't want a map. *shrug*

I have to say, a good war in urope could have been much fun. But i respect your decision Triyun.

I'm not saying I disagree with that.  What I am saying is that lets not pretend like that even was about land size.  It was a power play between Vektor and Cent.  That would be a great match.  Honestly if Cent and Vektor got into a fight I do think it'd be entertaining to watch, so long as its not trading barbs across my query windows :P

My issue here is like this shouldn't just be about certain people getting tons of land.  If we want to change the map I'm for it, hell I'm for wiping this war at this point.  I just feel policy really should be done when everyone has a clear head, not a 'I want land so'.

I want land. I admit it. It's awesome to have more land. Except...people would notice me more. Ok, I ran around the last few days with an agenda of "Hey! I'm also in existence.", but I still rather don't get all the negative attention for a landgrab and there's a lot I can do within my borders without more land. Still, who doesn't want more land?

In Europe (excuse the typo in my last post), I honestly hope for some great war. Would be awesome to see it happen. Not out of malice for Vektor or Cent, though certain OOC interests are hard to deny, but I'd really just want some European action for once. And not some German-Russian War (Done too many times before), but some really nice fireworks to watch would be cool. But I fully understand if neither Cent nor Vektor want that, even more I understand you, Triyun, not wanting the OOC mess of this affair. War for War's sake is something I myself would avoid, though, engineering a good reason with a run-up RP would just add to the awesomeness. But enough of this, or I'd get even more angry, if there's a European War now after I left France.

Concerning the Middle East, I'd say, Zoot has a point if he says hardly anyone's active. It's a bit of a godforsaken region, if one looks at the amount of people, which are Cent, Zoot, Markus, Justinian, Imperator, Sarah and you. Those two Arabian States are inactive mostly. Still, I'd say, there are worse regions. And actually, Zoot even got a bit lucky there. He's next to two Empires. Look at the Hudson Bay Federation. It's next to two Empires, but a bit out of the way, with the neighbourhood being Oregon, Mexico (currently a bit dormant, though Voodoo said he'd write stories soon, to be fair to him), Quebec, which, while I like Kankou, could be a bit more active, but busy people are busy, Sleepy Hollow (Hermit Kingdom), Faraway (Do I need to comment on myself?) and the American Commonwealth. The Southern Federation too. But really... a good lot of the countries next to Tanis are either hardly active or introverted small hermit states, which live in self-imposed seclusion. Or look at Selenarctos... there's Tianxia, Vietnam and... Isaac, Riddle and Horo ( :wub: ).

One could say, there's an overall decline in people, which should be adressed, though I'd hardly think it being the map's fault. Still, if Zoot wants action, I guess he better goes and involves himself more globally. Though we reached a point, where most large countries establish the world order, most small countries live with it, and regionalism is widespread and the predominant policy for at least the next few months (I hope), in contrast to the interventionism of the last few months. Policies changed, the political climate changed and I'd think it is mostly for the better.

Did I just talk about things that were besides the topic without being asked? I think I did, but don't want to rework my post. So bear with my self-important, egocentric ramblings.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/112507-operation-reclamation/

In this one Vektor actually didn't agree to the whole land deal between you and Cent giving South America to the Union which is why there was all that tussle and I had a head ache.  Vektor interpreted Cent's actions as interfering in the European Partition that the two had agreed to, and thus a power play.  The deal with South America seemed to be you get Britain and Cent's bloc the Union gets South America.  I don't really see how thats disputable.  I mean this is the world, these things happen I'm not casting judgement on it, but it was a power play and it was a land swap for all intensive purposes the first time.  

Beyond that like you start this topic casting aspersions on people and such, but you don't really have any sort of rigorous analytical argument and your points seem to be self serving.  I'm going to be annoyed by it.  If you're going to debate you should provide specifics and evidence, not just hint at big players being mean, when all this is is a repeat of your complaining in query.  You're not allowed to expand, so what, you got the largest amount of territory in the Middle East.  

And yeah I'm sorry this does seem an awful like you're talking about you getting more land.  Because this isn't the first time this idea has been proposed, but as best I can tell it is the first time that you've proposed it and the vocabulary you used is exactly the same vocabulary that you used and arguments you used to get more land from me.  As soon as I said no to that land you start talking about abolishing the map so you can get that land.  It seems an awful lot to believe that these aren't linked.

Well I apologize for not being privy to behind closed doors debates in the circle jerk of this situation you describe, it sounds awful. It your also correct in my lack of "rigorous analytical argument", but its not self serving. My post has never even hinted at people being mean, you want a list of "big players" who I think are wasting map space?

You, your RL is busy I believe and your bored of the war.

Cent, also busy with the war and still manages to post more than most of the rest on here.

Vektor

IA/Justinian, although this is changing since the merger

Voodoo, also has a reasonable explanation.

Both Arabian Nations, I don't know who owns the other one, but Kitex is Najran.

Pasloe, I don't know who that is either.

Basically, those are the people who I think are wasting map space by hoarding it and hardly post anymore to justify it. Gaining the land through RP, that's sweet and true for 90% of the list, but there is little or no RP to maintain so much land

So you can believe all you want, that I suggested a map wipe and fresh start because I want more land in the middle east, or you can see past your own face, and stop seeing this thread as a snipe at you and your friends and as a genuine observation. Your posts in this thread, unlike EVERYONE Else's, were aimed at trying to talk me down. This is the first time I have suggested this, I have also only asked land from you once, and it wasn't an argument, it was a request. When I brought it up most recently, I asked if I could move in and secure it and then GIVE IT BACK to Tianxia just so I had something to RP and if I was as paranoid as some people in the community, I would post the damn logs, but I don't have them.

So basically, believe what you want, and see my post how you want, but I unequivocally deny your accusations of "just doing it for more land in the middle east". I mean hell, there are FAR more interesting places on the map that I would rather RP than the bloody middle east. I want fecking interaction like there used to be, diplomatic missions and everything else that comes with a nation state text based simulator, not just endless war RP's. So like I said, see it how you want mate, but its attitudes like yours, and no, its not just you either before you play the victim card, that in my opinion are the cancer of this community and something needs to change. That's why I think a fresh map might help, even if it does run the risk of people simply claiming their former nations boundaries.

my problem with not RPing on the map, is I feel it would make any RPs i do less likely for people to join in, since they would be non canon.

Which is exactly why people wont do it. If we added a element which was seperate from CNRP (Like a Colonial era, WW2 or Futuristic World Map) I think more people would join CNRP.

There's been lots of spinoff future, modern and historical RP settings, along with different maps, technologies, magic, etc. They all ran strong for a time, then shrunk and died out from inactivity. CNRP is the only continuity to survive and remain active.

Edited by iKrolm

There's been lots of spinoff future, modern and historical RP settings, along with different maps, technologies, magic, etc. They all ran strong for a time, then shrunk and died out from inactivity. CNRP is the only continuity to survive and remain active.

I remember some of them burning brightly for a while, during which it was extremely hard to sort through the threads to figure out which ones belonged to which RPs.

I've been reading through the forums on  to see how there community is run to try to see if there are any significant differences. They have numerous "spinoffs" so to speak.

Don't click here

Their post rate is ridiculous. The entire first page is full of active topics with new posts within the last half hour. Our front page goes back six days!

Their community seems to be much larger, but I don't know if that is a result of drawing from a larger pool of potential players, or if they have a higher retention rate. When you start reading some of the threads though, you realize how similar their community is to ours in terms of posting style, etc. The biggest difference I've noticed, with the exception of the numerous canon RPs, is a larger emphasis on character RPs.

So the answer to Tom Riddle's question: yes, go ahead and start a new RP setting. Personally I've invested an awful lot into my current nation, so I don't have a big desire to do it all again in a setting that may or may not last.

Edited by Illidan Stormrage
ModEdit: Removed violating link