Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1358718492' post='3081209']
Poor those Umbrellians indeed... what are they going to do with themselves...

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/332qdt4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hey, those people you posted in purple -- they were at war with that rogue whose slots you guys took.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1358717850' post='3081203']
Look who's the Peace Mode warriors now MK and TOP
[/quote]

I so called this, this morning.

01[08:06] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> lol @ mk going peace mode
01[08:06] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> sparta is going to have fun in that thread.
02[08:07] * Quits: %cd1101loco Hostmaskseditedmmkay
03[08:07] * Durin is now known as Durin|Away
03[08:08] * Durin|Away is now known as Durin|Busy
03[08:09] * Thalayk[uhwei] is now known as Thalayk
[08:09] <@Thalayk> What'd I miss?
[08:09] <&NobodyExpects> what thread Mythg
[08:09] <@Thalayk> They attack yet?
[08:12] <%Metha> this is what day 3?
[08:12] <%Saphyre[AI]> we have no counters
[08:12] <%Metha> ive lost like 24 tech and 536 infra
01[08:12] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> when they DoW, ne
[08:12] <%Metha> i got no counters
[08:12] <%Saphyre[AI]> mine is lame
[08:12] <%Metha> mine too
01[08:12] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> their entire aa is peace moding...well, everything below 100k

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358718987' post='3081215']
Listen man I know you have to support your coalition and rah rah we had the stones to attack Umbrella but please be less blindly ignorant. A lot to ask of a Pacifican, I know.
[/quote]

I am not blind. I am quite informed, and I do not have hubris to get in the way of my judgement. Wars are not determined in the first 2 days. You know that yourself.. I hope.

Also, I think the alliance strength charts are much more telling.

I also cannot help but wonder.. how much of those precious billions Umbrella has already spent trying to keep themselves from falling from the heavens.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358718608' post='3081212']
Re: Zero One

Are you really that short sighted. that that list is all you care about?

I guess not all Umbrellans have given up hope.. albeit, short term hope. Keep flapping in the wind. It will be blowing for a while.

Your name's sake was taken down by a similar sustained bombardment, if I recall correctly.
[/quote]

It is you who are short sighted. It will take a significant amount of resources to take us down. There will be nothing left in our wake. Enjoy your war!

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1358719149' post='3081217']

I so called this, this morning.

01[08:06] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> lol @ mk going peace mode
01[08:06] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> sparta is going to have fun in that thread.
02[08:07] * Quits: %cd1101loco Hostmaskseditedmmkay
03[08:07] * Durin is now known as Durin|Away
03[08:08] * Durin|Away is now known as Durin|Busy
03[08:09] * Thalayk[uhwei] is now known as Thalayk
[08:09] <@Thalayk> What'd I miss?
[08:09] <&amp;NobodyExpects> what thread Mythg
[08:09] <@Thalayk> They attack yet?
[08:12] <%Metha> this is what day 3?
[08:12] <%Saphyre[AI]> we have no counters
[08:12] <%Metha> ive lost like 24 tech and 536 infra
01[08:12] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> when they DoW, ne
[08:12] <%Metha> i got no counters
[08:12] <%Saphyre[AI]> mine is lame
[08:12] <%Metha> mine too
01[08:12] <%IYIyTh[Ai]> their entire aa is peace moding...well, everything below 100k
[/quote]
The ever important sub 100k tier
[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1358719196' post='3081219']

I am not blind. I am quite informed, and I do not have hubris to get in the way of my judgement. Wars are not determined in the first 2 days. You know that yourself.. I hope.
[/quote]
After the initial strikes, tech becomes of greater importance as nukes start flying. Guess who has the tech advantage?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1358719094' post='3081216']
Hey, those people you posted in purple -- they were at war with that rogue whose slots you guys took.
[/quote]

Yeah! All five of them!

Edit: I thought you were referring to the purple text colour, not team. Still though, 2 of those nations are on that list from Umbrella, and 2 from me. None from AI.

Edited by Masterof9puppets

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1358719276' post='3081220']
It is you who are short sighted. It will take a significant amount of resources to take us down. There will be nothing left in our wake. Enjoy your war!
[/quote]

If all rebuild from nothing, who shall grow most? The 100.. or the several hundred? I enjoy your prediction.. see you at the bottom!

PS. Maelstroms are notorious for dragging things down to the bottom with them.. it's what we were made for. It's going to be marvelous for my space program as well.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

hey umbrella why won't you call in any counters? people have been trying to paint you as too big 2 b relevant war dodging cowards for the past few months and now they're starting to look wrong and stupid.

[/quote]

bet you wish you had just accepted umbrella's help with said rogue now huh?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[/quote]

Talk about selective reading... Your side out numbers us 12 to 1. Umbrella members should be filled up on that list being as outnumbered as we are. Yet, it is your coalition's best and brightest nations are up there. Pitiful

Edited by Zero-One

Blessed are they who take the first blows on behalf of the comrades who come behind them. Military history has proven to be cruel to first waves. It's just the beginning and you know that Zero One. In your mind, you know failure is the only way out of this for Umbrella. Didn't Agent Smith teach you to be more pessimistic?

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1358719558' post='3081227']

Talk about selective reading... Your side out numbers us 12 to 1. Umbrella members should be filled up on that list being as outnumbered as we are. Yet, it is your coalition's best and brightest nations are up there. Pitiful
[/quote]
Hey guess what tech heavy nukes do a lot of damage... And news flash when you are outnumbered you are going to do tons more damage until Nukes run out, then Umbrella's stats are going down

Down

Down

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1358719917' post='3081233']

Hey guess what tech heavy nukes do a lot of damage... And news flash when you are outnumbered you are going to do tons more damage until Nukes run out, then Umbrella's stats are going down

Down

Down
[/quote]
News flash you're in Sparta. You'll sit on the sidelines or take a light front if at all possible.
[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1358719995' post='3081234']
Given that is now Umbrella's ANS-yes
[/quote]
Literally not counting ghosts and the few who left for DBDC AA

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1358719438' post='3081224']

bet you wish you had just accepted umbrella's help with said rogue now huh?
[/quote]

No?

I was showing someone why using a 7 day counter in a war that's been on for two is silly.

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1358719558' post='3081227']
[/quote]

You seem to be implying that the numbers matter right now.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1358717505' post='3081197']
1) There's a something about Mo9P's slots being filled in the first round which is irrelevant considering Umbrellailures didn't take part in that.
2) There's something about Mo9P being able to escape into peace mode because of the blown stagger, but he's said he isn't even redeclaring after this round.
3) Then there's that thing about you being buttmad about not getting the slots you think are rightfully yours.
4) Like D34th said, you guys don't like us and you've been "looking for a CB" for quite some time now. That in itself says all there is to know about the nice story in the OP: it's just an excuse. It's okay mate, CN traditions and all. You can't break those, because what would be left of civilization then?!
[/quote]

1) Nothing in the CB about Umbrella and the first round of roguery.
2) Yeah, the word of a rogue is [i]so[/i] reliable. Somehow I don't think Mo9P is going to delete after this round. We'll see.
3) The slots that do rightfully belong to AI. They were justifiably angy at being told to pound sand when they complained to Umbrella about it. Moreover, it has been stated in this thread that the nations that took the slots acted on their own accord. That may or may not be true, If it is true, it does not change the fact that AI was justified in taking offense when Umbrella refused to exercise common courtesy in resolving the infringement. However, if BIBO is official Umbrella policy, then it can be reasonably asserted that Umbrella leadership tacitly endorsed and condoned the infringement on AI's prerogatives by virtue of creating/maintaining/enforcing said policy. It is pretty tough to avoid liability in that case and Umbrellan efforts to do so are completely disingenuous.
4) True enough and it would seem that Umbrella intentionally gave them a reasonable CB. If their position is that it was not intentional, then the simple lack of courtesy in cooperating with AI is a valid reason in and of itself. Could AI have passed on the opportunity to go to war? Certainly. Were they justified in taking advantage of the opportunity? Certainly.

Bottom line is that Umbrella gave AI an opening and they took it. On its face, the CB is valid. Now let's just have fun watching the GRL climb to new heights.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1358720786' post='3081243']
just like your confidence!
[/quote]

oh man crap i've totally changed my mind about this war please make it stop.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358720548' post='3081237']

News flash you're in Sparta. You'll sit on the sidelines or take a light front if at all possible.
[/quote]
I hope I can figure out my own AA I mean checking my nation every 20 days was already enough now this :(

Edited by bombuator

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1358721222' post='3081245']
2) Yeah, the word of a rogue is [i]so[/i] reliable. Somehow I don't think Mo9P is going to delete after this round. We'll see.
[/quote]

Delete? Nah. I'm just not declaring any wars. There's a lot of puppet branded tech that needs to be handed out before my nation actually gets deleted.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358722115' post='3081256']

Delete? Nah. I'm just not declaring any wars. There's a lot of puppet branded tech that needs to be handed out before my nation actually gets deleted.
[/quote]
Feel free to dump any remaining warchest on me tia