3 strikes, and you're out

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340257388' post='2991493']
So I'm curious does NATO have a policy against keeping planes during peace time, or did I just get lucky with both nations I hit?
[/quote]

we don't believe in flying. The only thing we accept flying is our nukes.

Duh! Ofcourse you got lucky! feel privileged about it, doesnt happen quite often.

Edited by Perceus

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1340257488' post='2991498']
we don't believe in flying. The only thing we accept flying is our nukes.

Duh! Ofcourse you got lucky! feel privileged about it, doesnt happen quite often.
[/quote]

Not my fault the only three guys in your whole alliance above 72k NS not in peace mode don't have planes. I mean things like that seem to be more of a pattern than a "Oh hey I hit the lottery".

I mean, they were intended to be out of peace mode and attacking, not just grossly inactive right? It's not like you guys would declare war while intending to hide EVERY nation of a meaningful strength level from participating...

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1340256436' post='2991473']
No, but attempting to label someone as a villain while pulling the same moves does.

Well, then. If you can justify why you went in against GPA, you should easily be able to justify the DH attack on NPO, as it's just as politically motivated. The situations are quite similar, and attempting to label one as a monstrosity while justifying the other is simply political bias and has no place here.

As for the second point, I'll respect your wishes to keep that conversation out of this thread, though it'd probably be wise of you to contact someone who was actually involved with the event in order to get a straight account of the events, instead of the tripe that appears on the OWF and other public venues.
[/quote]
I explain how the GPA situation was radically different from DHxNPO and the current fiasco, and your response is to say... That I just said they were identical?

No, I can't justify DHxNPO. There is no justification. MK did not even make an attempt at justification. There is no similarity. NPO was not playing "fast and loose," and in fact, they walked on goddamn eggshells since Karma. That war was a product of pent up frustration that NPO never fell for any of the oh-so-clever traps MK and friends were laying. Oh yeah, you can mark off all those as another item on the list. The "Red Safari" and whatever other obnoxious antics MK was pulling to try and get a war with Pacifica, until they finally said "you know what $%&@ it" and went in without any attempt at a CB. GPA misbehaved. NPO behaved perfectly. The situations are radically different, and your statements are dense to the point of being nearly incomprehensible. But thankfully I'm a smart guy and I can work out what you are thinking. Somewhat.

PS: I did see that incident first hand. It wasn't all just rumors and hearsay. I have an account on MK's boards. I watched it unfold first hand. But thanks for playing.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1340256720' post='2991480']
Indeed there is; the screams of the LSF echo throughout these halls because, instead of defending them, NATO made the decision to attack us.
[/quote]
Who's screaming? Clearly not all the LSF that just exploded.

[spoiler][img]http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/bigbigtikiman/th_llamas.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1340257875' post='2991513']
Well I must say, NATO has been quite impressive this war. You almost made it 2 full hours without one of your members trying to surrender.
[/quote]
It is a truly awe inspiring record they have set. It's a shame they didn't make it to 3 hours without a surrender attempt. That would have been extremely impressive.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340257705' post='2991507']
Not my fault the only three guys in your whole alliance above 72k NS not in peace mode don't have planes. I mean things like that seem to be more of a pattern than a "Oh hey I hit the lottery".

I mean, they were intended to be out of peace mode and attacking, not just grossly inactive right? It's not like you guys would declare war while intending to hide EVERY nation of a meaningful strength level from participating...
[/quote]
And yet you still needed NG's help?

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340257705' post='2991507']

[/quote]

oh you mean THOSE three, yeah no that was on purpose, we wanted to be fair and give YOU specifically a head start.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1']Well I must say, NATO has been quite impressive this war. You almost made it 2 full hours without one of your members trying to surrender.[/quote]

boy oh boy, you caught a ghost! Thank you very much for the ghost busting, now would you like a cookie for that?

Edited by Perceus

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1340258161' post='2991525']
Didn't LSF outright state that they don't want any of their allies defending them? I mean seriously, do we have to have this stupid argument again?
[/quote]

This was clearly an out by NATO to avoid having to defend their mutual allie

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1340258139' post='2991523']
And yet you still needed NG's help?
[/quote]
Pretty sure they didn't want his help, given that the stagger is borked.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1340258305' post='2991528']
oh you mean THOSE three, yeah no that was on purpose, we wanted to be fair and give YOU specifically a head start.[/quote]

Well as much as I appreciate it, please send out the people who actually fight. I already had one boring round from CSN, I was kind of hoping for some more here.

[quote]boy oh boy, you caught a ghost! Thank you very much for the ghost busting, now would you like a cookie for that?
[/quote]

A ghost who is sending out 6 aid slots to NATO members marked as "Growth Aid" and "NATO SoC"? Man we need to start collecting ghosts like that.

oh you mean THOSE three, yeah no that was on purpose, we wanted to be fair and give YOU specifically a head start.

boy oh boy, you caught a ghost! Thank you very much for the ghost busting, now would you like a cookie for that?
[/quote]
Unless you're at two nations trying to surrender already, it's not a nation rsox is at war with that he's referring to.

Edited by flak attack

[/quote]
And what big ghosts you have!

9k tech and 88k NS.

And he's so sweet to be sending growth aid and signing bonuses out to an alliance he's not even a member of.

EDIT: Well, Flak, I did have a smaller CSN nation try to surrender on day 3, but he was only around 10k NS at the start of the war, not 90K.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1340258612' post='2991540']
And what big ghosts you have!

9k tech and 88k NS.

And he's so sweet to be sending growth aid and signing bonuses out to an alliance he's not even a member of.

EDIT: Well, Flak, I did have a smaller CSN nation try to surrender on day 3, but he was only around 10k NS at the start of the war, not 90K.
[/quote]

and this is your target yes? because unfortunately your slots were filled, so no NATOan could engage you. Too bad, such a shame.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1340257896' post='2991514']
I explain how the GPA situation was radically different from DHxNPO and the current fiasco, and your response is to say... That I just said they were identical?

No, I can't justify DHxNPO. There is no justification. MK did not even make an attempt at justification. There is no similarity. NPO was not playing "fast and loose," and in fact, they walked on goddamn eggshells since Karma. That war was a product of pent up frustration that NPO never fell for any of the oh-so-clever traps MK and friends were laying. Oh yeah, you can mark off all those as another item on the list. The "Red Safari" and whatever other obnoxious antics MK was pulling to try and get a war with Pacifica, until they finally said "you know what $%&@ it" and went in without any attempt at a CB. GPA misbehaved. NPO behaved perfectly. The situations are radically different, and your statements are dense to the point of being nearly incomprehensible. But thankfully I'm a smart guy and I can work out what you are thinking. Somewhat.

PS: I did see that incident first hand. It wasn't all just rumors and hearsay. I have an account on MK's boards. I watched it unfold first hand. But thanks for playing.
[/quote]
This is a very interesting view on the current affaris.

Edited by CheeKy

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1340258800' post='2991542']
and this is your target yes? because unfortunately your slots were filled, so no NATOan could engage you. Too bad, such a shame.
[/quote]

No, it was already stated outright twice it was not his target.

On the other hand I have 3 open slots. Please, take advantage of them.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1340258161' post='2991525']
Didn't LSF outright state that they don't want any of their allies defending them? I mean seriously, do we have to have this stupid argument again?
[/quote]Shh don't let them know that or they'll lose an argument point. I am a little shocked MK gave this much attention to LSF here, NATO wanted to war against you guys not defend an alliance who doesn't want help.

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1340258810' post='2991543']
Did you just tell all of us that you are gay?
[/quote]

Would it be a problem if he was? His sexual preference is his business and has no relevence to anything.

But clearly, he didn't say that.

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340258885' post='2991544']
No, it was already stated outright twice it was not his target.

On the other hand I have 3 open slots. Please, take advantage of them.
[/quote]

oh how I wish I could! but dont worry, I'll be waiting here for you, once you drop down to the mid tier range, I'll gladly dance with you.