New Parasol Order exploratory thread

Monster

Named settled on: Paraguas

http://paraguas.ipbhost.com

[center][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/umb/Paraguas_bird.png[/img][/center]
[quote][center]Fate gives us an inexorable repertory of determinate possibilities, that is, it gives us different destinies. We accept fate and within it we choose one destiny.” In this tied down fate we must therefore be active, decide and create a “project of life” — thus not be like those who live a conventional life of customs and given structures who prefer an unconcerned and imperturbable life because they are afraid of the duty of choosing a project. - Jorge Ortega y Gasset[/center]

Preamble: Recognizing that there is a need for an authentic Umbrella, Paraguas has been formed. The main principles are meritocracy, unified decision-making, and a commitment to prosperity.

Pasaremos! No pasarán!

Constitución de Paraguas

I. El Gran Parasol
The Grand Parasol is the ultimate authority in the alliance. Nothing can happen without his say s unless he has vested authority in others to do so in his absence. Changes to the charter can occur at any time according to his/her will.
a. The Grand Parasol serves until death or resignation
b. If the Grand Parasol, takes a leave an absence, he can retake the throne at any time, provided he is active enough: ie. maintaining a consistent IRC and Forum presence.

II. El Regente Paraguense
a. The Regent is the second-in-command of the alliance and the right hand of the Grand Parasol. In his absence, he is the final authority.

III. El Parasol de Financia
The Parasol of Finance is the economic master of the alliance.
IV. El Parasol de Guerra
The Parasol of War has control over the defense ministry.

V. El Parasol de Extranjeros
The Parasol of Foreigners conducts foreign affairs on behalf of the alliance, along with the Grand Parasol and the Regent.

Addendum: Admissions are to be handled by the Grand Parasol and the Regent. Applicants must show a willingness to commit to the alliance. Short-term stays are frowned upon. A declaration of intent and an IRC interview is all that is required. [/quote]

How Paraguas differs from other alliances:

1. Ran by an experienced and successful alliance leader, me. I won the academy award in 2011 for being the most powerful person in CN. Thanks SirPaul!

2. Everyone has a say in most discussions on alliance direction.

3. We aim for efficiency in all areas.

4. We don't bend to foreign powers.

5. We always have something we're aiming towards as goal.

Edited by Roquentin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330097527' post='2927503']
So Cheyenne gave me a good idea. I'd need to get permission from maybe Ivan, but I'd run it according to Francoist principles, meaning Autocratic Democracy. The Emperor would be The Grand Parasol.

I'm not looking to recruit anyone and this might fizzle, but query or pm me if you're interested.

"“Our Emperor is less of a conventional emperor and more an Avatar, a physical manifestation of the divine spirit that we have come to know as Parasolia.”
[/quote]

this actually sounds very interesting. Good luck!

Added: but please don't call new parasol order due to the lack of acronyms: NPO, NpO, NPo? Grand Parasol or just Parasol looks great.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330100508' post='2927527']
http://translate.definitions.net/umbrella

Maybe one of these
[/quote]

I thought parasol was umbrella in french. But it is polish? living and learning. Paraplui (french) and Paraguas (spanish) sounds good too.

added: Parasol is also the type of a cell in the visual thalamus in the brain.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1330101673' post='2927543']
[img]http://www.parasol-shop.nl/shop/images/P/Parasol-Montreux-Borek-taupe-strook-wit.jpg[/img]

Look there a parasol.
[/quote]

Nice.

I'd recommend anyone who voted no on the Sparta cancellation or doesn't like MK to join. That's kind of cutting it close, but I'm not afraid of fauxbrella anyway.

We already have a deal in the works. puppets: as long as I'm enjoying it, it's not sad. You kept !@#$ting on me.

edit: that was the wrong link: found a better version sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBybdek3tk

Edited by Roquentin

Kowalski left, so that's one decent member that was willing to act on their conscience. I love that guy. Hope he does well in ve.

"ballcupping MK at every turn is in our best interests"

Edited by Roquentin