Summation of my thoughts

Monster

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329973627' post='2926261']
Um, yase, not like the 1337 guy thing didn't happen before that. Seriously get out of here.
[/quote]
You're going to have to be a little more descriptive than "the 1337 guy thing". Or not, this debate isn't terribly interesting, though I've heard MHA is doing better post-Myth.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329973764' post='2926264']
Haha. Holy !@#$. I explained it all on the radio.
[/quote]

You may be surprised to hear this, but your display on the radio was so incoherent most of us couldn't understand a fraction of what you were saying. The laughing of the other people in the restaurant with you tended to drown out your voice.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329975245' post='2926284']
What laughing? There was barely anyone there. I'm sure NPO can make a transcript or something. I love how you continue to deflect.
[/quote]

Did you listen to it yourself after the fact? I remember hearing laughing at like 2 different points.

Either way, not deflecting, I genuinely have no idea what "1337 guy thing" you're talking about.

I didn't really focus on the laughing if there was any. Brehon seemed to understand what I was saying. I was asked to speak up a few times, but that's it. You used to make fun of me for talking slowly and I don't think it was an issue.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329972967' post='2926253']
Counterpoint: You directly leaked confidential material which was not meant to be shared. You should be happy you got as much political assistance as you did.
[/quote]

Where to begin.

The "confidential material," I [i]leaked[/i] was a straight "hello how are you congratulations on being elected President," conversation with JA to of all places, the high government channel of XX.

JA stated he wasn't bothered by it afterwards. It only became an issue later when he decided that being stuck up a certain parties ass would be the best thing for Umbrella to do. (Whether or not it was, he still was pretty terrible in moving those pieces.)

Since everything has died down JA has all but admitted that he had his mind made up from the start all along.

But to humor you!

1. The conversation had only some value in that JA was being shady from the moment I met him (and was giving off similar vibes elsewhere,) and Umbrella was a topic of interest in the channel. Unfortunately I was determined to give them a fair shake because of the great relationship (and very close, mind you,) I had with Umbrella under Roquentin. Always go with your gut.

2. I wasn't aware at the time that a Spartan government member was hell-bent on sabotaging XX-Umbrella relations. These things you really don't plan for but usually tend not to be a concern in high government channels. Also, said person is now a member of Umbrella.

3. What political assistance? You've got to be kidding. What a joke. Umbrella decided to attack some others so that the world would be free to attack and engage MHA? They were nice enough not to attack MHA, but they decided to attack their MDoAP partner through a ODP on a counter made defending MHA? Sparta had an MDoAP that was ignored outright. I mean, come on. Don't get me started on pretending like not attacking Fark was a favor to MHA and Sparta and not themselves.

4. MHA never asked for Umbrella to outright cancel on its allies or attack them, or impale themselves on others for their own petty grudges... yet somehow this getting leaked from Government channels is the unholiest of unholies?

You've got to be !@#$ting me. Who are you trying to convince, exactly? Taking all of that pertinent information aside: It's almost like you believe like not having that treaty downgraded would've prevented it being outright ignored like Sparta's.

Hah!

As for your other comments, I wish those who are true to my home to do well and rebuild it as best as possible. Those that sought personal gain paid for it dearly with costing the alliance directly through poor handling/leadership and the results are really indisputable. They will be fine, but I assure you it will be in spite of me being gone rather than because. I know it's hard to believe, but I actually do have forgiveness for those who seek and have already sought it.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1329978250' post='2926320']
Hah!
[/quote]
Oh I bet you were so proud of yourself for this post, but Umbrella's response was absolutely reasonable given who the sides were in that war. Some treaties simply can't be fully activated sometimes, and political assistance and assistance in being free from reps or unreasonable war duration is the best that can be done. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that somebody with a profound lack of FA experience like yourself would not understand the intricacies of coalition warfare. Some lines have to be drawn, sometimes, you can't be everything to everyone.

[quote]
I know it's hard to believe, but I actually do have forgiveness for those who seek and have already sought it.
[/quote]
Dude, nobody cares who you forgive.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329979428' post='2926333']straw man[/quote]

I'd probably answer similarly if I was out to discredit someone instead of actually addressing the smoldering ash that remains of your previous post.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329979428' post='2926333']
Dude, nobody cares who you forgive.
[/quote]

I know this is probably profound to you, but you do not constitute "everyone." People have apologized to me whom felt guilty or knew they were wrong and I've accepted it at that.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1329978250' post='2926320']
the great relationship (and very close, mind you,) I had with [s]Umbrella under[/s] Roquentin.
[/quote]
You have a very close and great relationship with Roq? Well, I had never noticed. I would have never guessed by reading all those Roq threads that you posted in.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1329981296' post='2926357']
You have a very close and great relationship with Roq? Well, I had never noticed. I would have never guessed by reading all those Roq threads that you posted in.
[/quote]

Umbrella had a spine, and I personally (and we as an alliance,) considered them a closer ally than Fark.

Ah well, all good things must end cliche.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1329980015' post='2926340']
I'd probably answer similarly if I was out to discredit someone instead of actually addressing the smoldering ash that remains of your previous post.
[/quote]
It's a strawman to recognize the political realities that alliances face in our complicated multi-sphered world?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1329982123' post='2926365']
It's a strawman to recognize the political realities that alliances face in our complicated multi-sphered world?
[/quote]

The problem with your logic is that you argue that the political realities drove and excuse the actions of one but then make a dig at another for simply being on the wrong end of those realities.

Make up your mind. You can't have both.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329982149' post='2926366']
Seriously, Sardonic, wake up.
[/quote]
I suppose I should be proud that I finally surpassed you in FA knowledge and analysis. I just wish it didn't have to happen like this.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1329982281' post='2926368']
The problem with your logic is that you argue that the political realities drove and excuse the actions of one but then make a dig at another for simply being on the wrong end of those realities.

Make up your mind. You can't have both.
[/quote]
I'm not making a dig at MHA, I will however make a dig at you for whining about what was inevitable in coalition warfare. Some treaties simply aren't going to be honored to the full extent, GOD, for example.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329983664' post='2926394']
Haha, what?
[/quote]
Are you seriously going to sit there and claim the era of coalition warfare in a multi-sphered world has not generated new standards and expectations in how treaties and treaty conflicts are evaluated and resolved? If so, that's just silly, but I'll not belabor the point any more. It's clear that Myth just wants to paint Umbrella in the most negative light possible, even if what they did was well within the standards of our day.

Edited by Sardonic