Worst Leader Ever 2012

Banksy

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330029626' post='2926941']Such as? Because I have a feeling you're just reiterating the other points you just made, while trying to make them seem twice as bad as they really are.[/quote]I am not super well informed about the comings and goings of the current power structure because I have been inactive and Polar has been at the bottom of the totem pole for years.

So it was more of a catchall "and other things I may have missed" type deal, and not a "AND OTHER THINGS TOO HORRIBLE TO LIST", or something similar, situation.

Edited by Fallen Fool

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1330029993' post='2926948']
I am not super well informed about the comings and goings of the current power structure because I have been inactive and Polar has been at the bottom of the totem pole for years.

So it was more of a catchall "and other things I may have missed" type deal, and not a "AND OTHER THINGS TOO HORRIBLE TO LIST", or something similar, situation.
[/quote]

I'd just appreciate it if the atrocious crimes Ardus (and, by extension, the gov around him) is being accused of are, well, actual things.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1330029993' post='2926948']
I am not super well informed about the comings and goings of the current power structure because I have been inactive and Polar has been at the bottom of the totem pole for years.

[/quote]
So you have no problem calling someone out for terrible things that you don't actually have any knowledge of.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330030856' post='2926959']
So you have no problem calling someone out for terrible things that you don't actually have any knowledge of.
[/quote]

MK certainly has never let that stand in the way before? If posting only with complete knowledge becomes the standard then there will be 90% less posts on this forum.

Also, I would think he is pretty close, whether by accident or design.

<

>

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1330032510' post='2926974']
MK certainly has never let that stand in the way before? If posting only with complete knowledge becomes the standard then there will be 90% less posts on this forum.

Also, I would think he is pretty close, whether by accident or design.
[/quote]
Do you have something in your teeth?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330030674' post='2926956']
I'd just appreciate it if the atrocious crimes Ardus (and, by extension, the gov around him) is being accused of are, well, actual things.
[/quote]Never said crime, and I applied the adjective atrocious to behavior, which I think even you would agree aptly describes your alliance at times.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330030856' post='2926959']
[/quote]You do not stay at the head of the pyramid for as long as MK has through several crises by handing out daisies.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1330035535' post='2927006']
You do not stay at the head of the pyramid for as long as MK has through several crises by handing out daisies.
[/quote]
Okay then, so you just like to assume things are true because you think they probably are.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330070834' post='2927401']Okay then, so you just like to assume things are true because you think they probably are.[/quote]More like I have been exposed to enough sausage making to know how sausages are put together without standing by the assembly line to take notes.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1330071184' post='2927403']
Ramirus vs. VL Empire should be fun.
[/quote]

I don't think that VL should stand a chance. What led to the functional demise of VL's Legion was a losing war that was begun by another alliance. Left to their own devices, they'd likely have continued to endure as normal. Ramirus never, until the very end, needed to worry about foreign action against his alliance. He destroyed the alliance entirely from within. Only internal concerns, and no external concerns, played a part. More, whereas VL's Legion was bloated, horrible in internal affairs, and in a precarious position politically. Ramirus inherited an alliance that was full of quality members, excellent in internal affairs, and completely secure politically. It's mind-boggling how he managed to obliterate that alliance entirely from within, and almost entirely by himself.

VL was incompetent, but I don't think there's ever been a leader quite like Ram, and I doubt there ever will be in the future.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330079387' post='2927431']
Can I go against the winner as like a bonus round?
[/quote]
Even with our recent falling out and our mutual frustrations, you were more than capable while leading Umbrella. You don't deserve to be in the tournament at all.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1330072835' post='2927411'][quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1330071184' post='2927403']Ramirus vs. VL Empire should be fun.[/quote]
I don't think that VL should stand a chance. What led to the functional demise of VL's Legion was a losing war that was begun by another alliance. Left to their own devices, they'd likely have continued to endure as normal. [b]Ramirus never, until the very end, needed to worry about foreign action against his alliance. He destroyed the alliance entirely from within. Only internal concerns, and no external concerns, played a part.[/b] More, whereas VL's Legion was bloated, horrible in internal affairs, and in a precarious position politically. [b]Ramirus inherited an alliance that was full of quality members, excellent in internal affairs, and completely secure politically. It's mind-boggling how he managed to obliterate that alliance entirely from within, and almost entirely by himself.[/b]

VL was incompetent, but I don't think there's ever been a leader quite like Ram, and I doubt there ever will be in the future.[/quote]
Crymson is totally right here.

(At least as discernible from outside) Ramirus ended with alienating his alliance's own members and with jeopardizing The Grämlins' cohesion beyond repair. I can't imagine a worst trait for a leader than the "talent" of inciting discord and infighting in his own group. I could never be fully convinced that he wasn't doing it intentionally, to sabotage The Grämlins and to laugh at all of us (if that was the plan, the execution was perfect).

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1330072570' post='2927409']
More like I have been exposed to enough sausage making to know how sausages are put together without standing by the assembly line to take notes.
[/quote]
Sorry but "Ardus is a bad leader. Trust me, I know how to make sausage. And it's not by handing out daisies." isn't going to sway many votes.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1330104235' post='2927567']
Sorry but "Ardus is a bad leader. Trust me, I know how to make sausage. And it's not by handing out daisies." isn't going to sway many votes.
[/quote]You realize my entire argument is Ardus was a good leader, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1330132801' post='2927802']
You realize my entire argument is Ardus was a good leader, right? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Now look what you've made me do!

Really I didn't start off to try and disagree with you, I just thought the way you changed the word "certainly" to "may" was kinda silly and I ran with it.

I respectfully rescind (most of) my objection.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1330072835' post='2927411']
I don't think that VL should stand a chance. What led to the functional demise of VL's Legion was a losing war that was begun by another alliance. Left to their own devices, they'd likely have continued to endure as normal. Ramirus never, until the very end, needed to worry about foreign action against his alliance. He destroyed the alliance entirely from within. Only internal concerns, and no external concerns, played a part. More, whereas VL's Legion was bloated, horrible in internal affairs, and in a precarious position politically. Ramirus inherited an alliance that was full of quality members, excellent in internal affairs, and completely secure politically. It's mind-boggling how he managed to obliterate that alliance entirely from within, and almost entirely by himself.

VL was incompetent, but I don't think there's ever been a leader quite like Ram, and I doubt there ever will be in the future.
[/quote]
I agree completely. Ramirus couldn't have done a better job of destroying Gremlins if that had been his literal goal. It's almost so bad that it was good.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330079387' post='2927431']
Can I go against the winner as like a bonus round?
[/quote]
Contrary to what some people might think we actually approach these competitions relatively objectively and don't just nominate/vote for people who are opposed to us.

I've seen numerous instances where people have spoken up to defend enemies that they oppose but have some respect for.

Another interesting competition would be something like "most [i]brilliant[/i] political moves"

A lot of the leaders (like Ram) did a lot to * over their alliance but some of them are there because they managed to * over a ton more people than just their alliance.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1330484129' post='2930362']
Another interesting competition would be something like "most [i]brilliant[/i] political moves"

A lot of the leaders (like Ram) did a lot to * over their alliance but some of them are there because they managed to * over a ton more people than just their alliance.
[/quote]
there has been high demand for this competition and i am 90% sure it will be our next major one.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330490592' post='2930455']
Worst Event Ever.
[/quote]

Yeah, $%&@ these events.

Flooding has become a problem in your nation due to the recent heavy rains. Option selected. See Current Response.
Option 1: Take action and build dams and levees in the areas prone to flooding. Citizen income -$5.00.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330495023' post='2930506']
Can you all do Worst Shoe Color Ever next?
[/quote]
oh man how will this popular and enduring tradition survive your epic deconstruction skills of win and bacon

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1330505941' post='2930564']
oh man how will this popular and enduring tradition survive your epic deconstruction skills of win and bacon
[/quote]

Don't forget the highly offensive bacon and/or boobies.