Arbitrary Empire Size Limits

Generalissimo

Nope. If you can hold it IC-wise and no one opposes, you can hold it. The balance is achived if people decide to limit said empire(s) through RP work as opposition either through military and/or diplomatic means.

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1325990733' post='2895301']Nope. If you can hold it IC-wise and no one opposes, you can hold it. The balance is achived if people decide to limit said empire(s) through RP work as opposition either through military and/or diplomatic means.[/quote]That’s solid reasoning.
Works for me, I [i]might[/i] be convinced!

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1325992031' post='2895322']You can have as much as you can take. If you only RP one or two cities in an empire that stretches halfway across the continent *cough* *cough* *Canada*, then it's certainly a dick move, but it's not against the rules.[/quote]Also a good point!
It [i]could[/i], if anyone cared, be against the rules. . .

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1325992031' post='2895322']
You can have as much as you can take. If you only RP one or two cities in an empire that stretches halfway across the continent *cough* *cough* *Canada*, then it's certainly a dick move, but it's not against the rules.
[/quote]

Nobody cares to RP above the lower provinces of Canada anyhow. Maybe a dick move, but some areas of the map, people just don't care to RP in, hence large nation.

Of course, if you're capturing all of Asia and Europe you're being a tad bit greedy, but honestly no one has ever done that and owners of all large empires seem open to giving small amounts of land to empty handed players, so I see no problem. No one has abused it so far.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1325993101' post='2895343']
I will not allow my empire to be constrained. I will react violently with repressions and pogroms against anyone who tries to limit how far I could possibly expand.
[/quote]

Strikes me as all the more reason to cap these bloated empires.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1325993101' post='2895343']
I will not allow my empire to be constrained. I will react violently with repressions and pogroms against anyone who tries to limit how far I could possibly expand.
[/quote]
In your case, we could literally take away all your land except Moscow and St. Petersburg and your RPs wouldn't suffer a bit.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1325996181' post='2895381']
In your case, we literally took away all your land except Moscow and St. Petersburg and your RPs didn't suffer a bit.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

GNR GNR GNR! :v:

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1325992600' post='2895333']
Of course, if you're capturing all of Asia and[b] Europe[/b] you're being a tad bit greedy, but honestly no one has ever done that and owners of all large empires seem open to giving small amounts of land to empty handed players, so I see no problem. No one has abused it so far.
[/quote]

It's been done and it led to some of the best story arcs CNRP has ever had.

To the topic: Kankou said it the best.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1325996181' post='2895381']
In your case, we could literally take away all your land except Moscow and St. Petersburg and your RPs wouldn't suffer a bit.
[/quote]

If you actually read my rp instead of playing with your little turnips and cows then you'd know I also use Yekaterinburg and Murmansk.

There are plenty of places for new players to start. I'd rather see bigger players out there creating story content and controversy for people to react to. Big empires so long as they are dynamic are the best things in the game because they create story lines that draw others in. If everyone is a bunch of neutral hippies with small to mid size nations, we're playing a really boring text based sim city.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1325999523' post='2895438']
If you actually read my rp instead of playing with your little turnips and cows then you'd know I also use Yekaterinburg and Murmansk.
[/quote]
You know that "Out of half of Russia I don't only RP 2 cities, I RP 4 cities!" doesn't help your case too much.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1326002197' post='2895483']
we're playing a really boring text based sim city.
[/quote]
Except they're no disasters here either.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1326003233' post='2895496']
You know that "Out of half of Russia I don't only RP 2 cities, I RP 4 cities!" doesn't help your case too much.
[/quote]

I'm actually making the point that you don't pay attention to my rp. I could rp 2 cities or I could rp 100 you clearly wouldn't know. More to the point if someone doesn't like how another Rper utilizes their territory then they should do something about it. So what are you waiting for? Come at me bro!

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1326004569' post='2895512']
I'm actually making the point that you don't pay attention to my rp. I could rp 2 cities or I could rp 100 you clearly wouldn't know.
[/quote]
I actually do read some of your stuff. Can you say the same about me?

Psst, the answer's no.

[quote]
More to the point if someone doesn't like how another Rper utilizes their territory then they should do something about it. So what are you waiting for? Come at me bro!
[/quote]
Soon enough. Soon enough. :ph34r:

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1326008818' post='2895579']
Are we finally activating the Protocols of Zion :ph34r:
[/quote]
Hush you fool! We can't let the outsiders know our plan! Plus we're only on protocol 7, we've got 17 to go.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail