Arbitrary Empire Size Limits

Generalissimo

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1326008818' post='2895579']
Are we finally activating the Protocols of Zion :ph34r:
[/quote]

Protocols of [i]the learned elders of[/i] Zion.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1326002197' post='2895483']
There are plenty of places for new players to start. I'd rather see bigger players out there creating story content and controversy for people to react to. Big empires so long as they are dynamic are the best things in the game because they create story lines that draw others in. If everyone is a bunch of [b]neutral hippies with small to mid size nations[/b], we're playing a really boring text based sim city.
[/quote]

I know Croatia didn't produce much, but I hope that changes. We aren't even a week old. I am however sadded by this negative perception of nations of my type.

If you don't like someone's huge empire, do something about it. I recall a few years ago, someone made an excessively large EEZ and got roflstomped for it.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1325999523' post='2895438']
If you actually read my rp instead of playing with your little turnips and cows then you'd know I also use Yekaterinburg and Murmansk.
[/quote]
Then we'll leave you those two cities as well.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1326021578' post='2895638']
Size really doesn't mean a thing in CNRP. I wish people would stop equating pixel count to success. The real measure of success ought to be how much you are enjoying yourself.
[/quote]

I am inclined to agree. However, the map and land does tend to drive much of the RP and causes most of the wars.

I agree with TBM. As long as it is enjoyable, you can say you hacve some success. The wars are driven by the map, yes, because that is what the politics are about. Altough I'd be also fine to fight a war, just to extort the other party economically, without changes on the map.

About Justinian and his towns: Well, if he only plays in four cities, it does not mean the rest of his land is without meaning. We cannot expect him to RP in every damn village of European Russia, just so he can have that much land. Justinian has enough land to call himself Tsar of Slavorussia, but with 4 towns, that is pretty much gone. Of course, people like Melech and me will have to RP in small towns, given the small sizes of our countries, but of the bigger countries, only Triyun is also reasonably active in his rural parts (and not even he RPed in all of Chinas villages). So we could downsize quite a few states.

To the OP: No. If you can claim and hold it, then it is fine. And it is pretty self-regulating, given that the biggest nations only have around 2 million active army personnal, and 5 players of my size can already manage to have the same. So, if it grew into a problem, it isn't as if there would be no way to beat the Imperialists back.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1326018839' post='2895629']
I know Croatia didn't produce much, but I hope that changes. We aren't even a week old. I am however sadded by this negative perception of nations of my type.
[/quote]

Wasn't referring to you. Also, yes it did, the Balkans Wars? How quickly people forget :(

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1326021578' post='2895638']
Size really doesn't mean a thing in CNRP. I wish people would stop equating pixel count to success. The real measure of success ought to be how much you are enjoying yourself.
[/quote]
Hear hear!

Although what seems to give certain people enjoyment is expansion of those pixels... ;)

[b]Can there be such a thing as too much territory?[/b]

No. Under the right circumstances, it is possible to have a single nation spanning an entire continent (which in fact has happened before), and even the entire planet (near-impossible but theoratically a possibility).

[b]How expansive should a CNRP country become?[/b]

Very, or not very. Depending on how the RPer feels in regards to expanding (or reducing) his/her land holdings and thus influence.

[b]Can a nation have too many protectorates?[/b]

Yes, they can.

To just echo the general consensus this isn't really even a serious problem, most expansive empires with inactive players behind them have either been broken up at community request or collapsed on their own.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1326002197' post='2895483']I'd rather see bigger players out there creating story content and controversy for people to react to.[/quote]It works in theory . . . but not so much in practice.
Half of CNRP’s players seem to fold when faced with overwhelming (unplanned/non-consensual) opposition.

I might be new on posting here, but I think I lurked long enough to have a say. I suppose this sums up how I feel about this idea.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WU3BE.jpg[/img]

I do not think anyone will have any trouble figuring out what I mean unless they are being deliberately contrary.

[quote name='Sands' timestamp='1326220731' post='2896934']
I might be new on posting here, but I think I lurked long enough to have a say. I suppose this sums up how I feel about this idea.

I do not think anyone will have any trouble figuring out what I mean unless they are being deliberately contrary.
[/quote]
Wing it?

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1326314815' post='2897536']
Wing it?
[/quote]

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1326322477' post='2897622']
I don't think that's quite what Sands meant, Timmy, but I suppose it works...
[/quote]

It has a multitude of possible meanings. Though 'Wing it' is not completely relevant it would still work. I would look for more literal meanings in the image though.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1326314471' post='2897532']
Don't you mean you're against Triyun?
[/quote]

Touche?

[quote name='Sands' timestamp='1326220731' post='2896934']

[/quote]

If this means what I think it means....

Have I already said I like this guy? Because I'm really starting to.

Edited by Executive Minister