DemonSpawn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to my good friends in Echelon

o/

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1325009693' post='2887346']
Usually there's only one reason you treaty an alliance while said alliance is at war... so, is Echelon going to be declaring on Asgaard?
[/quote]
You must have missed it, this treaty had its I's dotted and its T's crossed before this present war began. They just didn't get around to announcing it till now.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1325015497' post='2887405']
Congratulations on being the only people to speak to Echelon in approximately three years.
[/quote]
Well almost, but not quite :P

The rational for signing the treaty, as has been hinted at before, was that we both were called in to assist AiD back during the UNIE debauchery. We recognized then that whatever happens to AiD in the future will inevitably drag both of us in, so we might as well have something on paper. Why not just a joint protectorate agreement? Well, we figured if each of us is cool enough for AiD to have a love-in with, we aught to like each other too. Not a normal reaction to having your partner cheat on you on a regular basis, but some of us believe in polygamy. Might as well leave ourselves something open enough that we have the legal justification to help each other out should the need arise.

<3 AiD

<3 RnR

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1325019164' post='2887432']
We're just trolling you (specifically) before we announce the treaties with NG, TLR, TOP and NoR.

Good choices, right? Just to guarantee a finger in every pie.
[/quote]
I'm delighted by your cockiness given that you live only by virtue of your FOK treaty. Meanwhile your allies in the two blocs you inhabit burn to ashes. You disrespect their sacrifice by dancing under the shelter of the Dutch. I wonder if any of them will resent you for it?

Of course, they'll do their good duty and say such a thought is preposterous.

Why exactly is everyone throwing insults at RnR for signing this treaty? It's pretty interesting that the same people cheering them on for crushing UINE are the same people calling them pathetic now. What did RnR do that changed everything?

Congrats on the treaty to both parties. Treat FC nice, RnR.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325143078' post='2888401']
What did RnR do that changed everything?[/quote]

They signed with Echelon, an alliance many thought dead whose only claim to fame is cashing a bunch of checks on a joint account with daddy Pacifica.

That said, I don't really recall praising them recently.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1325143321' post='2888405']
They signed with Echelon, an alliance many thought dead whose only claim to fame is cashing a bunch of checks on a joint account with daddy Pacifica.

That said, I don't really recall praising them recently.
[/quote]

Forgive NPO, but keep Echelon on their death bed FOREVER! Ok, I understand now.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325143465' post='2888406']
Forgive NPO, but keep Echelon on their death bed FOREVER! Ok, I understand now.
[/quote]
I can give due to those who repeatedly pick themselves up from annihilation and isolation. I harbor no such respect for Echelon.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1325143927' post='2888410']
I can give due to those who repeatedly pick themselves up from annihilation and isolation. I harbor no such respect for Echelon.
[/quote]

I don't think it's really a matter of respect. I have no respect for the worms crawling on the sidewalk, but I don't go into "SMASH KILL BURN! YOU'RE LUCK TO BE ALIVE, BUT NOT FOR LONG!" mode.

It's an ODP, between two alliances that recently experienced common ground. It serves as no threat to you and your alliance, so I'm really trying to understand why RnR has instantly turned into Satan incarnate. They signed a low level treaty with an alliance on life support. How horrible!

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325143078' post='2888401']
Why exactly is everyone throwing insults at RnR for signing this treaty? It's pretty interesting that the same people cheering them on for crushing UINE are the same people calling them pathetic now. What did RnR do that changed everything?

Congrats on the treaty to both parties. Treat FC nice, RnR.
[/quote]

Apparently signing a treaty when there is an actual friendship involved is something Ardus apparently can't wrap his mind around.

How many times did TOP sign with Polar, Crymson - twice? And how did that end?

At this stage, I'm inclined to prefer a treaty based on a year of friendship ahead of something motivated heavily by politics that's going to blow up in our face - call me old-fashioned. You don't have to like us or Echelon, but if you don't see [i]any[/i] merit in that... well, third time's the charm, right?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1325142621' post='2888399']
I'm delighted by your cockiness given that you live only by virtue of your FOK treaty. Meanwhile your allies in the two blocs you inhabit burn to ashes. You disrespect their sacrifice by dancing under the shelter of the Dutch. I wonder if any of them will resent you for it?

Of course, they'll do their good duty and say such a thought is preposterous.
[/quote]

You get cranky when other people don't do as you wish - noted.

I'm not going to pretend everyone is happy and that may or may not be the case depending on who you ask, but good luck trying to breed enough discontent amongst our side that people forget all about who jumped at the chance to beat them up this war 'n instead fight over who gets to crawl all up inside your colon.

They only signed with Polar once--the Initiative.

I don't think there's any reason to hate on Echelon, it's not like they lied about anything.

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1325147581' post='2888461']
You get cranky when other people don't do as you wish - noted.

[/quote]

Spot on analysis. Though your alliance still messed up in not helping us out. I mean, how could you think it was a separate war when I had founders in the coalition channel and both Delta and Xiph knew it was going happen? Bob Janova was really dumb about it, too, though. Jesus. We did keep them at war even though Polar ditched them, but that was a more than fitting punishment for lying and upper tier PM strategy and also the FAN thing. Anyway, I've fixed the wiki entries. Enjoy your vindication, Archon. Sorry about people not believing us.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325148001' post='2888462']
They only signed with Polar once--the Initiative.

I don't think there's any reason to hate on Echelon, it's not like they lied about anything.

Spot on analysis. Though your alliance still messed up in not helping us out. I mean, how could you think it was a separate war when I had founders in the coalition channel and both Delta and Xiph knew it was going happen? Bob Janova was really dumb about it, too, though. Jesus. We did keep them at war even though Polar ditched them, but that was a more than fitting punishment for lying and upper tier PM strategy and also the FAN thing. Anyway, I've fixed the wiki entries. Enjoy your vindication, Archon. Sorry about people not believing us.
[/quote]
I'm guessing you're vaguely referring to the NPO war there. Is it just me or are you paradoxically getting more and more defensive and bitter about stuff when you're no longer in a position where it matters?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1325160267' post='2888491']
I'm guessing you're vaguely referring to the NPO war there. Is it just me or are you paradoxically getting more and more defensive and bitter about stuff when you're no longer in a position where it matters?
[/quote]

Meh, it's just more the historical record since people like Doch called me a massive BSer. My way of having fun. If I had wanted to, I could have gotten into a position where it matters. Ghosting FOK isn't really me being ambitious. I get blamed for certain alliances taking damage, and that's kind of why I'm bitter. It's not even that I can't do anything, I could easily give the history a push if I wanted to, but there are some things getting in the way.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325161905' post='2888496']
Meh, it's just more the historical record since people like Doch called me a massive BSer. My way of having fun. If I had wanted to, I could have gotten into a position where it matters. Ghosting FOK isn't really me being ambitious. I get blamed for certain alliances taking damage, and that's kind of why I'm bitter. It's not even that I can't do anything, I could easily give the history a push if I wanted to, but there are some things getting in the way.
[/quote]
Oh don't get me wrong, I know you could still be in a position of power, in fact I thought it was odd that you didn't at least resume some position in Umbrella once you rerolled. It just thought it was a bit weird that I've been seeing you defend your actions more since you joined/ghosted FOK than when you were leading Umb. But if people are calling you out for it, it makes sense.