The German Empire Position on Raiding

Grealind

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good policy (for an alliance that allows raiding :P ), TGE.

I personally don't see why every raiding alliance (and non-raiding alliances too - if they are attacked) doesn't have the same policy, at least when it comes to situations where the person raiding doesn't even bother to follow alliance rules. (TGE would be outside every alliances raiding rules that I'm aware of considering they are 41 members and have a protectorate treaty.)

If every raiding alliance had such a policy, anyone who didn't follow your raiding rules would quickly learn from their own experience WHY it's a rule in the first place. Personal experience is an excellent teacher and it would save the alliance leadership of both alliances time to deal with more important things. Besides, the individual nations on both sides would also get some military experience.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1320585571' post='2840187']
[img]http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g461/DoomsdayArchitect/TGEraiddefenselol.jpg[/img]

Where's the "angry steamrolling mob"?

I like the straightforwardness of this but just remember that actions (or lack thereof) often speak louder than words.
[/quote]

I'm concluding you're referring to hello19, and my question is "Why can't we stagger?" I personally prefer having staggered attacks so that it does more damage.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1320592534' post='2840217']
I seem to remember FAN trying something similar. It didn't work out well for them.
[/quote]

No FAN protected all yellow nations

TGE will protect TGE nations as you would expect. Members will be responsible for their own tech raids and arent guaranteed back up

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1320597789' post='2840254']

TGE will protect TGE nations as you would expect. Members will be responsible for their own tech raids and arent guaranteed back up
[/quote]
I was more referring to the 'shoot first, ask questions later' side of it.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1320565218' post='2840113']
Not all targets nuke. I've only received a couple of nukes from raids before.
[/quote]
5K NS is hardly nuclear range. Look at what it costs to bring home the bacon in troops/tanks/etc. You're better off just tech dealing. And if you're using CMs airstrikes & nukes on the target you're raiding, you're wasting your time as well as your money.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320562104' post='2840103']
Well this is interesting. I would love to see NG or another large tech raiding alliance raid a TGE nation, to watch TGE attack that nation, then get rolled in the process.
[/quote]

People use the word roll/rolled so often, it has no meaning.

The way I see it, the value of a nation/alliance is only worth something if the world is steady or growing, not shrinking.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1320597615' post='2840251']
I'm concluding you're referring to hello19, and my question is "Why can't we stagger?" I personally prefer having staggered attacks so that it does more damage.
[/quote]
I am indeed referring to the Ni! guy. Okay then, I look forward to seeing the dreaded TGE stagger in the next several hours.

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1320600782' post='2840274']
I am indeed referring to the Ni! guy. Okay then, I look forward to seeing the dreaded TGE stagger in the next several hours.
[/quote]

Happy hunting, TGE.

(I mean that sincerely, Anson knows this but just in case anyone else wonders)

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1320597789' post='2840254']

[/quote]

Bingo, nothing really shocking here as I would expect most alliances to practice this.

[quote name='andyt2k' timestamp='1320602322' post='2840284']
Vulpes and Londo "Missing the point since 2011"

Good policy TGE and thanks for keeping us informed
[/quote]
I fail to see how anything I've said indicates I've missed the point of this topic. Care to share?

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1320604493' post='2840315']
Did you seriously think Vulpes could actually get it after that last disastrous topic
[/quote]
I pose the same question to you.

Clarification: By "same question" I mean the one I put to andy, not the one you posed. Just to clear up any misunderstanding there.

Edited by Vulpes Inculta

I would like to interject something. This is most likely a policy of many alliances that has not been posted on these forums. I would also hope that any alliance affords it's members protection from raids, be it the way we want to or the way you want too. I would also like to point out, that the majority of alliances disown the nation as a ghost or rogue when they attack a protected member of an AA, to forfeit paying reps. Cue, but we're not from the majority!

Just because this was posted, albiet it didn't need to be, it does serve a purpose to notify, not that we shoot first and ask questions before hand, but that we will protect our members from tech raids.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320599286' post='2840262']
5K NS is hardly nuclear range. Look at what it costs to bring home the bacon in troops/tanks/etc. You're better off just tech dealing. And if you're using CMs airstrikes & nukes on the target you're raiding, you're wasting your time as well as your money.
[/quote]
Money is irrelevant to me. It's the tech that matters. If you can increase your tech, the raid was a success. I'm already tech dealing on all slots. It's the time that matters.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1320567991' post='2840131']
Tech raiding TGE would be a bad idea, being NoR might get upset.

Still a strong stance to take, foolish considering the size of TGE, but a line has been drawn.

I give it a week before someone in GOONS $%&@s up a raid.
[/quote]

Yes, in the situation how its worded, lets use GOONS as an example.

GOONS Nation A tech raids TGE Nation A. TGE doesn't come to GOONS, and instead dog piles the GOONS nation. GOONS then would respond with something along the lines of, "Pay us reps because you were too stupid to come to us to deal with this situation properly." TGE would then proceed to fold under political pressure, or face being rolled.

Pretty sure I got that accurate.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1320555065' post='2840064']
It is the charter, I have nothing to do with this at all. But thanks for the shout-out. ;)
[/quote]

This is a significant foreign policy decision to make. For your alliance anyway. You [i]should[/i] have had something to do with it. Namely something to do with it not being done at all, rather a more realistic approach that better fits your alliance instead of blindly endorsing a policy that will effectively be exploited [s]should[/s] when the time comes. And your alliance [i]will[/i] suffer for it.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320608778' post='2840384']

GOONS Nation A tech raids TGE Nation A. TGE doesn't come to GOONS, and instead dog piles the GOONS nation. GOONS then would respond with something along the lines of, "Pay us reps because you were too stupid to come to us to deal with this situation properly." TGE would then proceed to fold under political pressure, or face being rolled.

[/quote]
GOONS doesn't run that way.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1320610003' post='2840415']
This is a significant foreign policy decision to make. For your alliance anyway. You [i]should[/i] have had something to do with it. Namely something to do with it not being done at all, rather a more realistic approach that better fits your alliance instead of blindly endorsing a policy that will effectively be exploited [s]should[/s] when the time comes. And your alliance [i]will[/i] suffer for it.
[/quote]

He wasn't around in our alliance at the time our Charter was revised to include that article.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320608778' post='2840384']

[/quote]

Are you saying that GOONS policy is "We can attack anyone we want, and anyone who responds to our attacks owes us reps"?