The German Empire Position on Raiding

Grealind

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1320604802' post='2840321']
I fail to see how anything I've said indicates I've missed the point of this topic. Care to share?

[/quote]

Ok Vulpes I'm going to break this down for you

You're complaining about or trying to "mock" for their lack of 3 on 1 attacks for someone hitting one of their nations

However

The OP wasn't about the amazing might of TGE and how they will crush anyone who dares look at them, the OP is just making clear their intentions are to attack people who attack their nations, rather than seek reps. Which they have done so in your example, the fact that it's not a 3 on 1 at the moment, has nothing to do with the OP which was making a general policy announcement to make other alliances aware of their intentions.

If I post that LoSS plan on sending "As much aid as possible to X alliance" posting stats that not 100% of people are sending aid, would have nothing to do with the intention of the OP, it would however be a pain in the ass comment that does nothing but try and insult the alliance in question, the definition of "Trolling"

Londo missed the point because the OP wasn't about "looking mean" or "looking tough" on the OWF, they posted it here because that's what alliances do when they have policy changes, so that other alliances know how things are handled.

GOONS may not have posted their raiding policy on the OWF recently, but I know any alliance worth their salt knows what it is and it's very easy to find and very detailed.

So Vulpes if you have any questions or none trolling comments, I hope my ts;cr helped

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='andyt2k' timestamp='1320619729' post='2840637']
Ok Vulpes I'm going to break this down for you

You're complaining about or trying to "mock" for their lack of 3 on 1 attacks for someone hitting one of their nations

However

The OP wasn't about the amazing might of TGE and how they will crush anyone who dares look at them, the OP is just making clear their intentions are to attack people who attack their nations, rather than seek reps. Which they have done so in your example, the fact that it's not a 3 on 1 at the moment, has nothing to do with the OP which was making a general policy announcement to make other alliances aware of their intentions.

If I post that LoSS plan on sending "As much aid as possible to X alliance" posting stats that not 100% of people are sending aid, would have nothing to do with the intention of the OP, it would however be a pain in the ass comment that does nothing but try and insult the alliance in question, the definition of "Trolling"

Londo missed the point because the OP wasn't about "looking mean" or "looking tough" on the OWF, they posted it here because that's what alliances do when they have policy changes, so that other alliances know how things are handled.

GOONS may not have posted their raiding policy on the OWF recently, but I know any alliance worth their salt knows what it is and it's very easy to find and very detailed.

So Vulpes if you have any questions or none trolling comments, I hope my ts;cr helped
[/quote]
You just wasted your time saying most of that, to be honest. I knew full well, before I even thought about saying anything, that this was a TGE announcement affirming that their charter says "raid us and we'll $%&@ you up". That's fair enough, I don't think anyone has a problem with that at the moment, and in any event it's a good policy albeit an unforgiving one.

As for that cute little LoSS situation you've drummed up out of nowhere, I'm pretty sure it would look bad for LoSS when they make a declaration saying "we're going to send as much aid as we can to our allies" and then not doing it. But that's besides the matter, since 100% aid slot usage for an alliance your size is not quite feasible, so I doubt anyone would come out with "oh but you're not using all your slots!!!". My comment was there to work out why there was only one TGE guy smacking a raider around, after an announcement of this caliber, which Anson level-headedly cleared up.

Londo is right though, insofar as this looks more like TGE puffing out its chest rather than a simple policy statement (which I personally have no problem with either, I just hope they can back it up if/when the time comes). Speaking of which, this isn't a policy change, they're announcing their commitment to a policy made a couple months ago.

Back to you andy.

[quote]I sure hope one of my members raids one of yours :) [/quote]

Whenever I see you post, my brain feels like its going to explode, because I can hardly understand how someone can be such a troll like yourself. Just shut your mouth, and let people post things.

To TGE: Seems reasonable, what was it before?

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1320623653' post='2840696']
Whenever I see you post, my brain feels like its going to explode, because I can hardly understand how someone can be such a troll like yourself. Just shut your mouth, and let people post things.

[/quote]
As far as I know, it has been place for a while since we reformed. Most people have just looked it over and we were letting people know.

Hopefully Ni see's this because there government has not been on IRC in day's.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1320623653' post='2840696']

[/quote]

When we first reformed, we dealt with anyone who raided us by either crying to our protector or moaning to the raider's alliance. On September 9th we said we don't care why they are raiding us, we'll just return fire. Us returning fire does not have to be 3 people, if one will suffice. For example, after closer examination, Samsara seems to have the rogue under wraps. Plus, the rogue overextended himself, so in this particular case, we dont [u]have[/u] to send in more Citizens to attack. Of course we're encouraging it within our barracks, but it's not a requirement.

On October 15th thereabouts we formalized our Tech Raiding Policy for our members. This was just to let everyone know about our policy, since we will be enforcing it more vigorously.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1320610627' post='2840458']
Are you saying that GOONS policy is "We can attack anyone we want, and anyone who responds to our attacks owes us reps"?
[/quote]
I think that's what he's saying. He's not right, but that's what he's saying.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1320592534' post='2840217']
I seem to remember FAN trying something similar. It didn't work out well for them.
[/quote]
FAN did [i]a lot of things[/i] that didn't work out well for them. Their raiding policy was [i]the least of those things,[/i] mon fronde.

Its a bold policy to hold TGE but one I respect you for to be honest. I think it will eventually lead you to trouble however and most likely is the kind of thing that could blow up into a full scale alliance war if you ever find your ally's are no longer "flavor of the month" with the powers to be.

Good on you though for taking a stand with it.

Diplomacy to resolve simple noob tech raiding mistakes is somewhat time consuming, but it also can help you meet new alliances and government leaders. I feel this policy of "shoot first, ask questions later" is just not smart.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320560241' post='2840098']
Personally, I don't see why people bother with tech raiding these days. When you get down to it, once you hit around 5Kish, it's just not cost-effective, plus, once the inactive goes beyond what, 6 days, 7 days?, all that tech just gets destroyed, not captured. That's why we gave it up a year & a half before we merged into Legion, and back in the day, we were all for tech raiding.
[/quote]

Many nations raid out of boredom, not necessarily to gain tech/land/cash. Some raid for more casualties and don't mind at all if their tech raidee fights back. And to be frank, long ago when I tech raided in the 35k-50K NS range, it was almost always profitable. The vast majority of nations didn't fight back and I accumulated nearly 10K land with almost zero cost to myself. Not sure if this is still true today.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320608778' post='2840384']
Yes, in the situation how its worded, lets use GOONS as an example.

GOONS Nation A tech raids TGE Nation A. TGE doesn't come to GOONS, and instead dog piles the GOONS nation. GOONS then would respond with something along the lines of, "Pay us reps because you were too stupid to come to us to deal with this situation properly." TGE would then proceed to fold under political pressure, or face being rolled.

Pretty sure I got that accurate.
[/quote]

Nope. We'd slap the TGE AA into a banner on our forums and then ring the dinner bell. Our boys are always hungry.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1320854111' post='2842196']
Nope. We'd slap the TGE AA into a banner on our forums and then ring the dinner bell. Our boys are always hungry.
[/quote]

Not sure exactly what that means. Probably should, but I don't. Would you (or someone who knows) mind explaining/elaborating?

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1320899051' post='2842569']
Not sure exactly what that means. Probably should, but I don't. Would you (or someone who knows) mind explaining/elaborating?
[/quote]
They would bend you over, enmasse, and you can tell them how you like it

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1320854111' post='2842196']
[/quote]

God, all I was trying to do was get GOONS more reps. Then people have to attack my statement. Last time I try to work for the benefit of the GOONS. You are cut off from this point forward nippy.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1320904123' post='2842595']
They would bend you over, enmasse, and you can tell them how you like it
[/quote]

The dinner bell also doubles as a 'correct answer' bell....unfortunately, it confuses the younger goons and leaves them wanting.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320905409' post='2842603']
God, all I was trying to do was get GOONS more reps. Then people have to attack my statement. Last time I try to work for the benefit of the GOONS. You are cut off from this point forward nippy.
[/quote]

They may be just words, but the post above is an icy blade flailing about with lack of concern for those unfortunate enough to find themselves in its wake, not to mention a complete disregard for my feelings. I am crushed. :(

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1320949060' post='2842768']
Everyone in this thread should pay GOONS reps just cause
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CxmwE.jpg[/IMG]

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

/me awaits the angry mob that TGE claims theyre going to put together

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1321102791' post='2843691']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=438043"]http://www.cybernati...ation_ID=438043[/url]

Alliance Seniority: 320 days

I think at some point, you actually have to join the Alliance to get protected. Didn't GOONS do some ghostbusting for TGE a little while ago?
[/quote]

That list was given to us by TGE, though.

That said, this guy has been sitting on that alliance longer than the current iteration has existed, plus there isn't any evidence the current German Empire has any connection to that aa.