Words of Wisdom from The ÆSIR

Craven

Good stuff here guys. I like the charter and it feels like my brain is exploding with wisdom.... though I guess it could just be a headache.

The Wise One has spoken words in the hall,
Needful for men to know,
Unneedful for trolls to know:
Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1315867978' post='2799407']
Your goal is be an elite alliance, your alliance is invite only and since hardly elite nations are flying "None" AA, do you invite people who are already in other alliances? If yes, do you consider that you're poaching members?
[/quote]
Poaching? I doubt this alliance will be trapping and dragging nations to its AA forcefully. No nation is poached. All nations go willingly.

Hey D34th, reputation and class are enough to get older established nations to join elite alliances. That's how OMFG has grown in membership recently.

Also, ÆSIR is amazing. Glad to be allied to you.

Edited by KagetheSecond

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1315886873' post='2799606']
Hey D34th, reputation and class are enough to get older established nations to join elite alliances. That's how OMFG has grown in membership recently.
[/quote]

I disagree about the reasons that make older established nations join elite alliances, but this is a discussion to another place in another time.

[quote name='Urukai' timestamp='1315924664' post='2799748']
What is your basis for determining which nations will be invited?

Oh, and I can't access your forums; I get a connection timed out error.
[/quote]

We had some server maintenance issues to see to. We're back up and appreciate your patience!

We value our community more than anything. We're all friends and get along well. We share the same ideals and for the most part goals. When interviewing a potential member.. we do our best to confirm that they'd fit in here and add to our community. Even if you're a 100K + NS nation and super active.. if you don't seem to match up.. it isn't fair for either of us to continue further. Why let someone in if they're going to discover this and leave later? Once we confirm that said nation will fit in, we look at activity and maturity. We have high standards for our nations, but we're not opposed to letting a small nation in if we feel they've got potential or if say they're a reroll. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's more about the person than their nation. We're quite good at building nations and have the means of building them quickly.. we just have to make sure they're going to stick around and add to the fun.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1315930967' post='2799778']
Always a pleasure to see the Hávamál reprinted, even in it's entirety(wallo'textNE1?).

Good luck in the future.
[/quote]

There aren't many short old norse poems.. I had actually originally planned on reprinting Völuspá, but considering that most people won't read it.. Hávamál sufficed. Great read for those who have the time though ;)

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1315948960' post='2799944']
High Activity levels? You guys have Nef in government that hardly counts as active. :awesome:
[/quote]

Nef is a viking god assassin.. he is always where he needs to be when he needs to be there :ph34r: Beware and don't wake the beast ;)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1315867978' post='2799407']
Your goal is be an elite alliance, your alliance is invite only and since hardly elite nations are flying "None" AA, do you invite people who are already in other alliances? If yes, do you consider that you're poaching members?
[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about any Polar nations actually qualifying for an invite.

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1315954177' post='2799982']
I wouldn't worry about any Polar nations actually qualifying for an invite.
[/quote]

True, unlike what happened in other alliances, our top tier nations weren't cowards who abandoned the others to save their own infra/tech.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1315966894' post='2800104']
I do express my full sympathy for whomever joins this alliance!

obligatory I did not ignore this thread

obligatory obligatory [/sarcasm]
[/quote]
Your sympathy is greatly appreciated!

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1315948960' post='2799944']
High Activity levels? You guys have Nef in government that hardly counts as active. :awesome:
[/quote]

He's more active than I am. Oh wait. That doesn't say much.

So when do I get poached? ;)