Hymenbreach

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1310103802' post='2752160']
As if RIA needed the help.
[/quote]
Well they do have lots of experience of viceroys. Xi has been controlling RIA for years.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1310126938' post='2752334']
Yeah, look people, we should be respecting Mogar for his ability to copy and paste links correctly.
[/quote]
and my ability to create such tears.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310127213' post='2752335']
Well they do have lots of experience of viceroys. Xi has been controlling RIA for years.
[/quote]
Xiph has experience being other viceroys too!

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1310128955' post='2752345']
So Mogar is like the person version of Legion?
[/quote]
I'm like the person version of :awesome: .

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1310105537' post='2752187']
I'm a shameless self promoter and I've never denied this, playing in back channels have never been amusing to me, now taking what is said in those private channels and making it public information? that brings about much more entertainment.
[/quote]

Exactly the reason most alliances should never let you near government. You have no loyalty and you like to talk !@#$.

[quote name='Vellocet' timestamp='1310298615' post='2753830']
You were late, Hymenbreach. NPO has dropped Legion. Better luck saving face next time.
[/quote]

Yes, modern concepts like time are probably beyond you, but just in case a moment of mental clarity attacks you while you aren't looking, I'll let you know that this thread was opened before the cancellation.

Also what face am I saving? I'm not in Legion.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1309912014' post='2749833']
I don't know, call me naive but I think Zhadum genuinely liked and tried to better Legion. I suppose I never knew him that well but from my limited interaction with him once upon a time that was the impression I gained. I'd like to think he left Legion in a better state than he found it.
[/quote]
I don't think Z'ha genuinely liked Legion. However I think he did leave Legion in a better state than he found it...

but the state he found it in was desperate.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1309945088' post='2750271']
Do us all of favor and merge into NPO.
[/quote]
This is incredibly terrible advice. It would be akin to telling the old Poison Clan to merge into NPO. The alliance cultures are not compatible.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1309961514' post='2750372']
The problem comes with the wholly insular nature of the community, which just doesn't allow for big moves or independence.
[/quote]
It is remarkably ironic for pez to be giving this advice, but she's right. Wisdom comes with years eh?

[quote name='Turin' timestamp='1309987268' post='2750673']
I can't help but to see many, many similiarities between your alliance right now and the GGA just prior to its final 'coup'. While your internal affairs might differ (I have no view on that) you seem to be in somewhat the same spot in your foreign affairs.
[/quote]
You're wrong about this. GGA's old problems and Legion's problems with FA are quite different, probably because their IA situations are radically different.

The cancellation makes the OP ... kinda tricky to discuss though. To be fair to Hymen, he wouldn't have known about it when he posted the OP.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1310312197' post='2753896']

It is remarkably [b]ironic[/b] for pez to be giving this advice, but she's right. Wisdom comes with years eh?

[/quote]

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1310306538' post='2753866']
Yes, modern concepts like time are probably beyond you, but just in case a moment of mental clarity attacks you while you aren't looking, I'll let you know that this thread was opened before the cancellation.

Also what face am I saving? I'm not in Legion.
[/quote]
Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:12 AM
The thread was opened before the cancellation, yes. But, the talks of dropping Legion didn't occur in a matter of minutes before the official cancellation, it was debated for some time. You advised Legion to run whilst we were planning on letting them go already. That is all I'm saying.

Saving Legion's face, since you "still give a damn".

[quote]You're wrong about this. GGA's old problems and Legion's problems with FA are quite different, probably because their IA situations are radically different.

The cancellation makes the OP ... kinda tricky to discuss though. To be fair to Hymen, he wouldn't have known about it when he posted the OP.
[/quote]

I have no insight on legions IA. I'm basing my comments and views off of what I can see from the outside and from the outside it looks pretty dang close. You could very well be right tho.

Edited by Turin

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1310319237' post='2753940']
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
[/quote]
In your time in Legion leadership, you were the picture perfect definition of insular. Surely you have realized this by now?

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1310302096' post='2753842']
Exactly the reason most alliances should never let you near government. You have no loyalty and you like to talk !@#$.
[/quote]
Loyalty to my own alliance is above everything else, I've been ZI'd for CDS, and would have gotten ZI'd during Karma if Batallion wasn't such a [you can fill in the blank]. Now on the other hand, should members of other alliances choose to provide me with information, especially when they're on a side opposite my own... why not air their dirty laundry? goes back to the PR subject, use what you're given.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1309907522' post='2749756']

Furthermore, attack the NSO. Even it goes badly, you look like you give a damn. There is a myth that Legion has always been terrible at war and this was true only twice in history. The far past and the immediate present. Between that, we were competent at least.

[/quote]

Legion has never been competent at war.

Also my humble advice is to disband this terrible alliance and have their members join alliances that actually don't suck so hard. Hell join NSO since they'll probably show you a good time.

[quote name='Mixer' timestamp='1310343346' post='2754104']
Legion has never been competent at war.

Also my humble advice is to disband this terrible alliance and have their members join alliances that actually don't suck so hard. Hell join NSO since they'll probably show you a good time.
[/quote]
Cough, Karma, cough.

Hymen, great post from a greater Legionnaire. Many things the Legion leadership has done lately astound and puzzle me.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1310339554' post='2754074']
In your time in Legion leadership, you were the picture perfect definition of insular. Surely you have realized this by now?
[/quote]

That wouldn't be the adjective I choose...but perspectives are subjective.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1310346787' post='2754127']
Cough, Karma, cough.
[/quote]
Seeing as I apparently posted their surrender (wat), I can say that they were not the best fighters by any stretch of the imagination but better than they had been in the past/currently are.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1310348577' post='2754138']
That wouldn't be the adjective I choose...but perspectives are subjective.
[/quote]
It is the adjective I would have chosen back then. Considering that back then Pez was the MoFA of the largest purple alliance and I was government in two other purple alliances (one after the other), I think I was in a very good position to make such a judgment as well. ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1310352329' post='2754162']
It is the adjective I would have chosen back then. Considering that back then Pez was the MoFA of the largest purple alliance and I was government in two other purple alliances (one after the other), I think I was in a very good position to make such a judgment as well. ;)
[/quote]

My original post stands, beautiful thing about perceptions/opinions.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1310340098' post='2754080']
Loyalty to my own alliance is above everything else, I've been ZI'd for CDS, and would have gotten ZI'd during Karma if Batallion wasn't such a [you can fill in the blank]. Now on the other hand, should members of other alliances choose to provide me with information, especially when they're on a side opposite my own... why not air their dirty laundry? goes back to the PR subject, use what you're given.
[/quote]

People who provide you with information are either lol'ing at you or they are seriously incompetent. At any rate -- I am sure that you DO have people who give you good information.... but, so do I. Anyone who is well known within our little world here can get information if they know the right people.