An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/c/cf/NewOPWarFlag.png[/IMG]

[size="7"][SIZE=14][color=red][u]Triskaidekaphobia[/u][/SIZE] - the fear of the number 13, and more specifically Friday the 13th.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=5]When most people think of Friday the 13th, our old friend Jason Voorhees comes to mind.

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PB_JH7bcjPc/TK43nzosTpI/AAAAAAAAAJY/cscwEfw-O80/s1600/friday-the-the-13th-crystal-lake-sign.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baddie-brawl-jason-voorhees-vs-leatherface-20071009032549051-000.jpg[/IMG]

I suppose that's a little scary, but let's be honest. The chances of being dismembered by a serial killer of Jason's notoriety aren't that good.

Our concern about Friday the 13th has to be deeper than that, so I did a little internet research.

Believe it or not, this could be rooted in Bilbical times if not earlier

Apparently, Eve tempted Adam on a Friday, Cane slayed Abel on a Friday the 13th , and the big flood that brought Noah fame began on a Friday. Additionally, Jesus was crucified on a Friday and Judas, who betrayed him, was the 13th guest at the Last Supper.

I can see why Fridays and 13's cause some concern.

There's also an argument from numerologists about the whole thing... (who knew)

This came from National Geographic, so it has to be at least a little true.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Thomas Fernsler, an associate policy scientist in the Mathematics and Science Education Resource Center at the University of Delaware in Newark, said the number 13 suffers because of its position after 12.

According to Fernsler, numerologists consider 12 a "complete" number. There are 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel, and 12 apostles of Jesus.

In exceeding 12 by 1, Fernsler said 13's association with bad luck "has to do with just being a little beyond completeness. The number becomes restless or squirmy." [/QUOTE]

[SIZE=5]Pretty interesting, I suppose. That's probably why they sell eggs and donuts in dozens and beer in 12 packs as well.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://couponcravings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/dozen-eggs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dvSbctqimvo/S4J2d24529I/AAAAAAAAFio/z0XsFl58Dy8/s400/krispy-kreme-doughnuts.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://weston.donotdrive.com/zipcart/images/liquors/Corona_12NR.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]Here are some other interesting facts:

* In ancient Rome, witches reportedly gathered in groups of 12. The 13th was believed to be the devil.

* More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.

* Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.

* On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.

* There are more traffic accidents on Friday the 13th and billions are lost in business because of this superstition.

So, at this point, you may be asking yourself where I'm going with this.

Basically, we're ready to deliver some bad luck to a couple choice alliances.

(I guess technically, this blitz is very late on Thursday the 12th - but aparently to numerologists this doesn't mean much.)

ANYWAY..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][color=blue]ORDO PARADOXIA[/SIZE] hereby Declares WAR on [color=yellow]State Of Unified Nations (SUN)[/color] and Citadel.[/color]

[SIZE=5]I guess I should wish you both good luck...it is Friday the 13th and all.

I hope nobody has [color="#FF0000"]Traumatophobia[/color], which is the fear of Wars....I know we don't![/SIZE]

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1305266303' post='2711219']
Good luck guys. :)
[/quote]

Thanks!

And do you need a tissue? Or some saline? :mellow:

[size="1"]Since I've been asked, edit to clarify : Your avie[/size] :P

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[color="#FFFF00"]Nice job, on the coordination you got most of my alliance in anarchy on the first attack, but you're really lacking in a WC muahahahahaha. :awesome::ph34r: But darn the first day I wasn't on at update I was attacked :wacko: [/color]

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Byzantine Empire. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Taoism
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 80
Last Nuke Purchase: 5/8/2011 12:07:19 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 5/12/2011
Total Money: $24,863
Technology: 325.60 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 5/13/2011 1:03:04 AM
Trade Partners: Blitizkrieg, Cognition, Nokrida 4, Horizon, Cantilever
Total Aircraft: 61
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 155
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 216
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 1
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.

Edit:

You guys forgot to add total points before the war on both sides, so I decided to make one to keep track of it :P.
SUN/Citadel: Total Points 262.148/avg. score 3.744 Nations 70 Nukes 13
Ordo Paradoxia: Total Points 223,422/avg. score 4,965 Nations 45 Nukes 14

Edited by KillerCruiser

Lol, you should see some of the intel I've gathered. One guy has 17k, another has 9.5k. :awesome: And from what I've seen and heard, many SUN nations have very little money. (Which is kinda inexplicable, have you guys fought in a war yet?)

You know the old saying, don't throw stones in a glass house and all. :P

Edited by Owney OSullivan

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1305279383' post='2711278']
Lol, you should see some of the intel I've gathered. One guy has 17k. :awesome: And from what I've seen and heard, many SUN nations have very little money. (Which is kinda inexplicable, have you guys fought in a war yet?)

You know the old saying, don't throw stones in a glass house and all. :P
[/quote]

True most of SUN members will not have a large WC in my alliance since most of them are 10 days and younger nations :P, and yes SUN hasn't fought in a war yet.

Citadel is very flattered by being attacked by one of the best TE veteran alliances, which is OP.
We are a young new alliance with more than a half quite new to TE members, still have a lot to learn and the war with OP, with us being on the defensive side, will definitely benefit us a lot and enrich us with more knowledge.
Our current Leader kong92 is happy to be blitzed by 3 OP members; two of them are his old friends Paul and Halushki.
He does apologize for his inability to post here and sends his warmest regards. OP's blitz was one of the best ever.
We thank all well-wishers on the forum here. We'll try to do our best

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1305301281' post='2711364']
Citadel is very flattered by being attacked by one of the best TE veteran alliances, which is OP.
We are a young new alliance with more than a half quite new to TE members, still have a lot to learn and the war with OP, with us being on the defensive side, will definitely benefit us a lot and enrich us with more knowledge.
Our current Leader kong92 is happy to be blitzed by 3 OP members; two of them are his old friends Paul and Halushki.
He does apologize for his inability to post here and sends his warmest regards. OP's blitz was one of the best ever.
We thank all well-wishers on the forum here. We'll try to do our best
[/quote]
Class act. Thank you, Kulomascovia. May this war be a learning experience for all of us and some fun times to be had.

Have fun OP :) I know you will.

And a special good-luck to the little guys in SUN. Who needs a warchest when you're winning ground battles? :awesome:

o/ war
o/OP

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1305301077' post='2711362']
has anyone got stats for this war?
[/quote]

Going on yesterdays numbers

OP 5k Ave NS, total NS 223k, Nukes about even I think
SUN/Cit 3.7k Ave NS, total NS 260k, Nukes about even I think