FOK Announcement

ArneS

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301102095' post='2676542']
You asked me why I was in hippie, I answered, simple as that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1301011311' post='2675274']
You can't simultaneously defend being in peace mode as a legitimate tactic [i]and[/i] try to trash talk that people aren't attacking because your nations are in peace mode. Well, I guess you could. But you would look pretty foolish.
[/quote]

That's what I "asked" you, that you responded to. Notice the lack of a question, especially an ooc one. Sir, I'm beginning to think you are being purposely dense.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1301010228' post='2675251']
I know that I'm TOP.gov, but I would like to set that hat aside for a moment. I would like to address you as one ruler to another. Mano a mano, one man to another.

Okay?

This seriously must be the most retarded thing I've ever seen. I fought the Rebbillon, but you are making those colossal morons look like brain-gods. Asking for peace terms only so that you can summarily reject them can only result in harder feelings and higher terms. And that's the best case scenario. I mean let's be realistic. You're the one asking *us* for terms. Things can't be going that well.

If you're already on the ropes, why go out of your way to piss us off?
[/quote]

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1301080253' post='2676215']
You see that would make sense if they didn't come and ask for peace talks to figure out surrender terms themselves. No one went to them to push the peace offer on them, they came asking for one. That is the silly part of all this.
[/quote]

Quite simply, this is not true. I can assure you, we have never asked for terms, not once. The ONLY time we talked about peace terms (To deny them), was on an offer that was given to us by Jenko. We've never seriously considered peace (Unless you count the one time Kochers said 'I think we'd be interested', which I've already addressed), and so have never sought out terms.

And what's with this talk about 'Oh, we can't respect you anymore, BAAWWWW!'. I have nothing but utmost respect for TOP. I have communicated with opponents, and I'd like to say I've even made a friend or two. The ONLY problems I've had with TOP is simply in the miscommunications about peace terms, etc., which is to be expected in any war lasting more than a few weeks. If I have any regret for staying in longer than anybody expected us to, it's that it hurts our relationship with TOP. We went into this war without any grudges against each other, and I have learned to respect TOP.

I also respect TOP's and MK's ability to call in FOK to help them in this war, but everyone must realize that treaties and allies work both ways. I respect your right, but you must respect our resolve. We are in this for our allies, and we are sticking with them until the end, that's something you have to realize, and I believe we deserve your respect for that. On the flipside, I do not disagree with your choice to call in FOK.

Guest avenger218

Here's what I define as winning, It's called a [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=All&search=FOK"]Fire superiority battle[/url] mid round 2 we had all the offensive declarations against MK/Umbrella et al.

[quote name='Kajdav' timestamp='1301104180' post='2676586']
Quite simply, this is not true. I can assure you, we have never asked for terms, not once. The ONLY time we talked about peace terms (To deny them), was on an offer that was given to us by Jenko. We've never seriously considered peace (Unless you count the one time Kochers said 'I think we'd be interested', which I've already addressed), and so have never sought out terms.

And what's with this talk about 'Oh, we can't respect you anymore, BAAWWWW!'. I have nothing but utmost respect for TOP. I have communicated with opponents, and I'd like to say I've even made a friend or two. The ONLY problems I've had with TOP is simply in the miscommunications about peace terms, etc., which is to be expected in any war lasting more than a few weeks. If I have any regret for staying in longer than anybody expected us to, it's that it hurts our relationship with TOP. We went into this war without any grudges against each other, and I have learned to respect TOP.

I also respect TOP's and MK's ability to call in FOK to help them in this war, but everyone must realize that treaties and allies work both ways. I respect your right, but you must respect our resolve. We are in this for our allies, and we are sticking with them until the end, that's something you have to realize, and I believe we deserve your respect for that. On the flipside, I do not disagree with your choice to call in FOK.
[/quote]

Fair enough :)

Guest avenger218

I am not going to make a long winded apology, I am not doing this because MK just gave me a 3rd degree smackdown and invaded my private IRC channel. I am not doing this because Crymson is PO'd at me.
I am doing this because Timberland showed me respect.
ok, we are driving at different definitions of victory, namely military victory.
there's a few types, there's tactical victory where one military can intimidate another into submission, which is the type TOP is doing. there's positional victories where an alliance can intimidate another alliance through showing their colors and using treaties, again what TOP is doing and doing well.
there's the type that I'm championing, the all out brawl, the story book classic Armageddon, like FOK is doing, what type matters most in CN? what does the community
classify as the decisive victory? is it the show of force? or is it the winner of a full on Armageddon?
ok enough of that, I am sorry TOP for insulting your members and your alliance.
some of it was to damage you, other parts was unintentional. I do apologize, I hope you guys can accept. but like all things Apologies are useless unless I show it, back it up, which I shall try to. I'm sorry to you Crymson, Timberland and Baldr. I got carried away I apologize.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301109573' post='2676687']
I am not going to make a long winded apology, I am not doing this because MK just gave me a 3rd degree smackdown and invaded my private IRC channel. I am not doing this because Crymson is PO'd at me.
ok, we are driving at different definitions of victory, namely military victory.
there's a few types, there's tactical victory where one military can intimidate another into submission, which is the type TOP is doing. there's positional victories where an alliance can intimidate another alliance through showing their colors and using treaties, again what TOP is doing and doing well.
there's the type that I'm championing, the all out brawl, the story book classic Armageddon, like FOK is doing, what type matters most in CN? what does the community
classify as the decisive victory? is it the show of force? or is it the winner of a full on Armageddon?
some of it was to damage you, other parts was unintentional. I do apologize, I hope you guys can accept. but like all things Apologies are useless unless I show it, back it up, which I shall try to. I'm sorry to you Crymson, Timberland and Baldr. I got carried away I apologize.
[/quote]

The first one would have sufficed if you just shut your mouth after. You could learn a lot from Kajdav.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301109573' post='2676687']
[/quote]

That was actually pretty long winded, FYI.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1301109933' post='2676690']
The first one would have sufficed if you just shut your mouth after. You could learn a lot from Kajdav.
[/quote]
The first one was maneuvering, this one is serious.
We'll have differing opinions, one will see the glass as half empty
the other sees the glass as half full. I shall agree to disagree.
as for TOP, you guys are a fine alliance, a asset to your friends and anyone that has you for an ally.
You guys are one of the few alliances that deserve that #1 spot. Great members, excellent leadership, backed by a well built, well organized alliance.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301110037' post='2676694']
That was actually pretty long winded, FYI.
[/quote]
I apologize to you too GOONS for taking pop shots at you guys.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301110253' post='2676699']
I apologize to you too GOONS for taking pop shots at you guys.
[/quote]
tl;dr

Seriously? After all this... now you "apologize"? :lol1:

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1301096708' post='2676444']
After reading this post and considering this might be the kind of people that populate TPF and NPO I sort of lost all the hope I had for you. And it wasn't that many to start with :s
[/quote]
Perhaps you are just not swift enough to get all of the nuances of the message. All 7. Let's see how smart you are. List them...

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301110429' post='2676700']
tl;dr

Seriously? After all this... now you "apologize"? :lol1:
[/quote]
yes seriously I do. and please for the love of Admin don't use that god aweful emoticon.
I realize what I said about GOONS, the insults I gave you guys was way over the top.
I crossed the line pages ago. Calling your alliance a burning wreck was uncalled for.
I realize taking cheap shots doesn't get one ahead.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301110771' post='2676710']
yes seriously I do. and please for the love of Admin don't use that god aweful emoticon.
I realize what I said about GOONS, the insults I gave you guys was way over the top.
I crossed the line pages ago. Calling your alliance a burning wreck was uncalled for.
[/quote]
Too little, too late.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1301110771' post='2676710']
[/quote]
If it makes you feel any better, GOONS, and Doomhouse in general, do have a tendency to exhibit scum-like behavior so it's relatively easy for a few cheap shots to roll off the tongue ^_^

[quote name='Kajdav' timestamp='1301104180' post='2676586']

[/quote]

This is the type of posting I wish I saw more, and it is the same feeling I had of NADC when the war started. Unfortunately, you are letting avenger run wild, and it is hurting your entire alliance.

Avenger has posted his apologies, and that on his own initiative. Everyone talks out of line from time to time, it takes class to admit they've done wrong. It also takes class to accept an apology.

Kajdav, just ignore it, if they are going to hold him accountable, so be it. It is unfortunate that we can not act civil and accept sincere apologies but that is not our place to judge. Leave his to him :D

[quote name='Kajdav' timestamp='1301113572' post='2676774']
Avenger has posted his apologies, and that on his own initiative. Everyone talks out of line from time to time, it takes class to admit they've done wrong. It also takes class to accept an apology.
[/quote]

[quote name='Carnoly' timestamp='1301115287' post='2676807']
Kajdav, just ignore it, if they are going to hold him accountable, so be it. It is unfortunate that we can not act civil and accept sincere apologies but that is not our place to judge. Leave his to him :D
[/quote]

Except he already apologized to us and just kept insulting us and spouting lies. So which should we believe, the first apology or the second? We accepted his first apology, then he spit on it by continuing. I'm curious how that translates to us not being civil.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301115452' post='2676810']
They only accept forced appologies anyway.
[/quote]

Good one.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1301115768' post='2676820']
Except he already apologized to us and just kept insulting us and spouting lies. So which should we believe, the first apology or the second? We accepted his first apology, then he spit on it by continuing. I'm curious how that translates to us not being civil.

[/quote]
civil? I made a few OWF posts, [OOC]you guys reacted by trawling up a past identity, invading my personal IRC channel, leaving harassing profile comments on these forums that were meant to tag me for more degradation (Don't believe me talk to Bansky), hinting at IP tracking, as shown below.

[quote]
[19:37] <Crymson> By the way, I see you have a new ISP.
[/quote]

now for OOC attack.
[quote]
[19:37] <Crymson> You know, any furtherdiscussion on the matter is only going to end with me calling you stupid.
[19:38] <Crymson> OK, I'll just come out and say it: you're dumb.
[/quote]

10 of you ask me if I'm Emperor Tiberius, like that matters.
than I got Bansky leaving a comment on my CN forums profile AFTER I apologize that said "Hey E_T, Long time no see"
your reaction far outweighs the offense. and you talk about civility. it doesn't matter who I was 2 years ago on IRC only, rather who I am now.[/OOC]
you guys are really showing your colors here. I apologize and you pour it on.
now can't we just get along? I am free to my opinions on this war just as you're entitled to yours. now can we drop it and move on? Yes TOP is a good alliance, MK is a good alliance, my TOP and MK opponents were decent, upstanding people.
what goes on in this thread isn't going to change my opinion of your alliances. this war will end like everyone before it, people will bury the hatchet and move on, I request we start that process now.