EFTA [European Free Trade Association]

Elrich von Richt

800px-Flag_of_Europesvg.png

[EFTA (European Free Trade Association)]

Founding Document/Charter: Treaty of Koper

Organizational Headquarters: Copenhagen, Lübeck

Organization Type: Trade Bloc

The EFTA's long standing goal is to promote free trade in industrial goods between the participating countries and to reach broader goals: sustainable growth, higher productivity and a rational use or resources. Other goals include promoting good relations among member states, and maintaining a neutral, peaceful, stance in European military entanglements.

Member States:

Normandy

United Netherlands

Lübeck

Bavaria

Sverige

Norway

Grøenlandia

Yacrania

Euzkadi

Rheinmark

Scotland

International Observers:

New Zealand

Transvaal

RSA

New England

Promised Land

This thread is hereby considered the official thread of the EFTA Organization, all new membership applications are to be submitted here, along with referendums on trade policy, treaty amendments and the like.

Each member state holds one vote in each referendum and membership application, and our standard method of conversation is either through this forum, or our private communications server. All discussions are free, and member states may converse at will in this thread, on both international matters related to the EFTA, etc. All nations who join this organization as a member state MUST be located within Europe. All other outside states, located elsewhere, may apply as international observers. The role of an international observer is similar to members, except instead of being able to vote and discuss on matters, they may only discuss.

Active Votes:

Edited by Elrich von Richt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United Netherlands announces that the observer states will enjoy the same trade benefits as the member states. For tourists from the EFTA-member states and observers there will be the possibility to file a VAT tax refund for goods they bought and their hotel costs. VAT in the United Netherlands is 9%- making a book let's say bought for ƒ 13,- at a shop refundable for ƒ 1.17.

Travelers are expected to ask for the tax refund form at their hotel or shop and keep the receipt and hand both documents over to the customs at the airport or at the border. They will countersign and the traveler will be handed back the money spend.

Edited by DeRaadspensionaris

I would personally like to send my congratulations to the European Free Trade Association. Unlike many blocs that have been formed in the past, this alliance of nations seeks to unify each other through economic success instead of military defense or even worse, offensive matter. This organization is the best hope for a unified yet diverse Europe free from war and strife.

"You do not meet Bavaria's disapproval."

I see, seeing as Bavaria forms one of the largest nations in Europe i suppose it will render our application worthless, the new administration undersyands your doubts given the action of the ex-President however we fail to see why this should impact membership of a economic bloc?. However we are prepared to undertake measures to try rectify relations between Bavaria and Euzkadi if you are willing.

Edited by Cataduanes

I see, seeing as Bavaria forms one of the largest nations in Europe i suppose it will render our application worthless, the new administration undersyands your doubts given the action of the ex-President however we fail to see why this should impact membership of a economic bloc?. However we are prepared to undertake measures to try rectify relations between Bavaria and Euzkadi if you are willing.

"You misunderstood us.

'Not meeting disapproval' is two negatives. Which turns into a positive. The man who wanted to be witty by writing this message has been fired.

Making it easier for all to understand, we approve."