Shielded from the Dark Lodgers who can't ride the Sandstorm into the Atlantic Breeze without bumping into El Pollo Loco!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I sit here looking through the accumulated data from spy operations I keep thinking back to this thread. The argument about what the title means can be had for as long as you like... but in the end there's little way to escape that it was provocative towards AZTEC and The Sandstorm. Confederacy. I'd assume that it was thought you all would have a laugh and nothing would come from it, but that thought has proven to be incorrect. 

However, under any circumstanced it should have been considered that this might cause exactly what has happened. As such, I'd expect most people would ensure their alliance is prepared for war before doing something like this. However a full 60% of the warchests we have data on have been labeled as laughably low. There are exactly zero that would meet my alliance's minimum standard. 

Obviously it isn't going to matter unless things take a turn for the worse in the next few days. However it just boggles my mind that an alliance could pride itself on fighting, raiding, and using the war mechanism to their advantage could be so woefully unprepared. When I first saw this thread I kind of assumed that RS was prepared for what came. Guess that's what I get for giving credit to a group that would do something like this to force a fight they could not win. 

However a full 60% of the warchests we have data on have been labeled as laughably low. There are exactly zero that would meet my alliance's minimum standard.

Almost as if it's a heavy-raiding alliance that has been involved in two wars (NSF/Guiness) since the global. I would imagine the warchests aren't quite as high as the alliance that hasn't fought in over a year. Edited by Neo Uruk

Hmm, good point. RIOT Society shouldn't have aggressively attacked GLOF.

Seem to remember RIOT recognizing hostilities with AZTEC, not the other way around.

Also have vague recollections of NSF and Guinness recognizing hostilities with LT/ RIOT, which at that time LT and RIOT used as the basis for insisting they were fighting a defensive war (here and here), eventually stating that by initiating hostilities, they were going to learn a huge lesson in "cause and effect".

While no situation parallels another exactly, I think we may have our goose and gander identified here.

Seem to remember RIOT recognizing hostilities with AZTEC, not the other way around.

Also have vague recollections of NSF and Guinness recognizing hostilities with LT/ RIOT, which at that time LT and RIOT used as the basis for insisting they were fighting a defensive war (here and here), eventually stating that by initiating hostilities, they were going to learn a huge lesson in "cause and effect".

While no situation parallels another exactly, I think we may have our goose and gander identified here.

Actually, in both scenarios, RIOT (or LT, in the NSF/Guinness affair) was aggressively attacked, from my perspective. There is an argument to be made in both cases; however, I'd say it's a fairly weak one.

If they deserved the aggressive action or not is a much stronger debate. Edited by Neo Uruk

So unfortunate that this is going to end before it should. 

It should probably go on for a long time, so I hope you guys don't plan to end it to quickly now. It might take a while if they are going to learn anything from this.

It should probably go on for a long time, so I hope you guys don't plan to end it to quickly now. It might take a while if they are going to learn anything from this.

Surely AZTEC won't be as stupid as to only let this last one round.

At least hopefully not. Especially with all of those RIOT members in PM. A round of war for them would be good. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Edited by Rotavele

Surely AZTEC won't be as stupid as to only let this last one round.

At least hopefully not. Especially with all of those RIOT members in PM. A round of war for them would be good. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

If most of their nations can sit in peace mode as one round of war passes, then I don't think they'll of learned anything from this and feel like their complaining as soon as something goes wrong got them off the hook again.

However I won't tell AZTEC how long to fight their war and won't think them stupid regardless of how long they choose to continue it. They've done good as far as I'm concerned either way. If a short fun war is all they are after, they don't need to make it last long enough to teach a lesson here.

Edited by Methrage

Meth, Rota, there was never any intention of crippling/disbanding Riot Society through this raid.

Really, we're just giving them a smack on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper and telling them to go play elsewhere. RS's existence alone isn't a problem for us, only their behavior regarding AZTEC and its allies. Assuming that this raid changes that behavior, there's no need to continue this, from our perspective. We're hardly the world police or anti-raiding.

Meth, Rota, there was never any intention of crippling/disbanding Riot Society through this raid.

Really, we're just giving them a smack on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper and telling them to go play elsewhere. RS's existence alone isn't a problem for us, only their behavior regarding AZTEC and its allies. Assuming that this raid changes that behavior, there's no need to continue this, from our perspective. We're hardly the world police or anti-raiding.

I just think they aren't ones to learn any lessons very quickly, so unless you war them a bit before peacing out; they won't get whatever message you are trying to send them. They'll just think of your attack on them as a raid, then continue doing what they've always been doing.

However I realize you aren't trying to cripple/disband them and I wouldn't want you to take things that far. One of the individuals they've signed with in the OP I was just trying to teach a quick lesson and be done with it, when he was being disrespectful and trying to provoke me into getting him attacked. Rather than learn anything all he did was try convincing whoever he could to war me and try keeping those wars going as long as he could.

So I'm pleased to see you guys hitting them, since it shows their type of behavior will get them attacked and rightfully so. Give them peace whenever you want though, its up to you guys how much you want to implant whatever lesson you're teaching them. Before this announcement I've never disliked Riot Society, so I have no vendetta against them. I really hope Riot Society does learn a lesson from this and quickly.

Actually, in both scenarios, RIOT (or LT, in the NSF/Guinness affair) was aggressively attacked, from my perspective. There is an argument to be made in both cases; however, I'd say it's a fairly weak one.

If they deserved the aggressive action or not is a much stronger debate.

Like you said, an argument could be made for both cases. Especially if you want to argue about whether raids are considered aggressive action or not, whether they are government sanctioned or not, and even whether those raids were fully resolved or not.

However, I don't feel the subject of "deserving" is necessarily a "stronger" debate, as that is a much more an argument of perspective and position, than interpretation of actual events.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whether they "deserve" it, because generally, everyone feels entitled to their actions. All that matters is that it is happening, and whether the perpetrators, whichever side you may view that to be, are getting away with it without consequence.

I just think they aren't ones to learn any lessons very quickly, so unless you war them a bit before peacing out; they won't get whatever message you are trying to send them. They'll just think of your attack on them as a raid, then continue doing what they've always been doing.

However I realize you aren't trying to cripple/disband them and I wouldn't want you to take things that far. One of the individuals they've signed with in the OP I was just trying to teach a quick lesson and be done with it, when he was being disrespectful and trying to provoke me into getting him attacked. Rather than learn anything all he did was try convincing whoever he could to war me and try keeping those wars going as long as he could.

So I'm pleased to see you guys hitting them, since it shows their type of behavior will get them attacked and rightfully so. Give them peace whenever you want though, its up to you guys how much you want to implant whatever lesson you're teaching them. Before this announcement I've never disliked Riot Society, so I have no vendetta against them. I really hope Riot Society does learn a lesson from this and quickly.

Methrage, you don't know what you are talking about, unless you are trying to get into bed with AZTEC, why don't you focus on taking a break from posting here and work on your alliance?

Methrage, you don't know what you are talking about, unless you are trying to get into bed with AZTEC, why don't you focus on taking a break from posting here and work on your alliance?

I would have no reason to post if yourself and another involved in the OP had taken a break from posting when I was at war, rather than keep posting in the embassy I had with Kashmir to be as disruptive towards peace as you guys could.

Although you guys are doing a good enough job digging yourself into a hole without my help, so I'll leave you to it.

I would have no reason to post if yourself and another involved in the OP had taken a break from posting when I was at war, rather than keep posting in the embassy I had with Kashmir to be as disruptive towards peace as you guys could.

Although you guys are doing a good enough job digging yourself into a hole without my help, so I'll leave you to it.

Thank you, it is appreciated. Leave the spade.

Hmm, good point. RIOT Society shouldn't have aggressively attacked GLOF.

Actually they did just that.......They attacked a protectorate of a signatory of AZTEC.  Same thing as declaring on the GLoF AA in my book.  Before you reply to this know I don't care what your opinion is a fact is a fact and all the e-lawyering in the world will not change this.