Void Player Votes [CNRP2]

Lysergide

Veto Votes/Suspend 50K nations  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fellow members of CNRP2, it has come to my attention as well as the attention of a couple other members that something is going on that many of us would assume isn't. As of this moment, the players are allowed to vote for themselves as well as other 50K NS nations. This allows them to elevate their voting count to allow them entrance into CNRP2 at a full time basis. 

We are a community driven RP, that does what the community wants, it was initially started for only 50KNS and Below to play, however some people jumped the gun and started to allow the higher strength nations to come in prior to us actually able to have a proper community discussion about it. The rules of this "Community" Driven RP are being decided by a few at the moment. not the many. They should have never been allowed to vote as they were not full members of the RP yet, thus they should not be allowed to vote for anything, especially the decide their own fate.

We live in a society where the Jury decides the outcome of the Defendant. The Defendant doesn't get to cast a vote in his or her favor. No trial system is set up like that, so why should ours be any different?

I would like to put into motion a vote to cancel out the current votes going on. Only members of CNRP2 may cast a vote to be counted towards the total.

I would also like to put forward a motion to temporarily suspend the entire proceeding so that we can discuss things again at this point because in my eyes because of the fact that we started to allow all of these larger nations in without community approval prior to, they have engaged in roleplay with other nations. And as such nations have been made to engage in combat with these much larger and more powerful nations, and have thus deviated the players that this RP was made for, the community of below 50K NS, from doing the RP's that they had intended to do.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a community driven RP, and if the majority want these things to come into play, then it is not up to you to make the final decision, we would have made the final decision on the matter.

I've stayed fairly quiet with all the arguing and rule discussions as it was just pissing matches for the longest time, however this RP was set up for the purposes of giving us smaller nations a place to RP in peace away from the giant nations. It seems since day 1 you went against the purposes of the RP and started to allow the above 50KNS nations to start to join the RP and allow them to make actions and interactions. I am not going to be quiet about this any longer, you are catering to a select audience of players, which is not the players that this RP was set up for.

Edited by Lysergide

This is a community driven RP, and if the majority want these things to come into play, then it is not up to you to make the final decision, we would have made the final decision on the matter.

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but did the majority not elect the gms to make the final decisions?

Polls can be posted as well, however, GM polls are the official measure of the community's desire to modify, remove, or add new rules.

Taken directly from the Map thread.

There is a reason for this, discussion before voting, and preventing rampant voting polls each and every time someone feels they are aggrieved by some thing or some one.

You want to do this right, launch a discussion thread. That's my suggestion. 

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but did the majority not elect the gms to make the final decisions?

We GMs are bound by community decisions, but there is a process. A discussion must take place first. Polls, as I posted before are allowed, but are not considered the formal vote and desire of the community to prevent the more flakey members of the community from launching a poll each and every single time someone does something they don't like. 

To get to the over 50k vote we went through this process.. more or less..

We had a massive drama llama on IRC with Mogar being hounded by various members. We had a community debate in which cnrptrashpit members were coming over comparing themselves to being cotton picking slaves in the old south. We had a huge amount of discord, fighting, and other problems.

It got resolved on a temporary basis by allowing the over 50k nations in on an optional basis.

I then created two working groups in private message. 18 to 20 members were in each group. The discussion period for those groups were fairly long as far as these things go. We then went into a public thread to open it up to anyone who was not in on of the discussion groups.

The poll options were discussed, revised, and then posted as a poll.

during this time, the over 50 k nations have voted in the GM election, the navy vote, the air force vote, and the vote to determine if there would be a vote for an Over 50k vote, the percentages needed for them to remain, the troop count vote, and the navy rule modification vote.

So here is where I'm at, I'm god damn frustrated, I'm tired of this crap, and I'm going to go enjoy my weekend. I refuse to recognize this crapstain poll as a legitimate discussion. I put way too much work into getting us this far to feel this is at all amusing. It's not funny, it is down right irritating. 

Either you all have an actual discussion, or stick it where the sun doesn't shine. 

And it would be going backwards at this point, there isn't a need to discuss it, it is a simple yes or no answer, you either agree with it, or you do not. And since the voting has already started for the players to be accepted or not, it requires a drastic measure to be taken to stop the current voting procedures prior to them actually being allowed in. This isn't something that needs to be discussed, it is something that needs to be voted upon. It isn't my fault or the other players faults that some specific members are trying to push through certain actions at a quickened pace. It falls down to the gross misconduct of the original GM's at this point for allowing them access prior to us even being able to get out RP rules worked out. 

Some of you are more concerned with letting these nations in than actually finishing our rules. When we first set out for this venture, we all sat down and agreed we would flesh out the rules and the modifiers and all that other good stuff prior to bringing to the attention of the 50K NS Nations. What is going on now is simply catering to a select few that weren't even supposed to be involved with this RP until a later stage when we had everything set up and done.

It isn't my fault or the other players faults that some specific members are trying to push through certain actions at a quickened pace. It falls down to the gross misconduct of the original GM's at this point for allowing them access prior to us even being able to get out RP rules worked out. 

Oh really?

Is that what you really think? 

gotcha... that's all I need to know. 

So...if the issue at hand is the ability of 50k+ nations to vote in the polls on acceptance into CNRP2, then why not discuss whether or not to simply count only the votes of the non-50k+ nations in those polls rather than seeking to void the results? After all, the votes are public, so it shouldn't be that difficult to determine.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

The 50k nations have voted on literally everything else. You have had your chance over several weeks to voice your concern then. Demanding things isn't going to get you anywhere.

If your cause is as obvious as you state, you have literally nothing to fear from a discussion thread.

Then by all means, if you feel there needs to be a discussion thread, open one up. This matter is black and white, there is no grey area so as such it does not need a discussion thread it needs a vote to deal with the current vote going on.

Then by all means, if you feel there needs to be a discussion thread, open one up. This matter is black and white, there is no grey area so as such it does not need a discussion thread it needs a vote to deal with the current vote going on.

Uhh, no, you open one, I don't think any of us see a need for it. You want change, you do it. You martial the support of the community. You demonstrate there is a need for any of this. 

If you aren't going to do it, fine, nothing more here to see. 

It is not our job to open a discussion thread for your topic. If you don't want to follow the rules that have been set out, that's your problem.

There has been ample time to voice objection over the situation. The 50k nations have contributed to every rule discussion and vote, they've done large scale diplomacy in the RP, and are quite simply contributing members of the community at this point.

I really dont pay attention to this stuff and instead focus on the roleplay, so it caught me by surprise that apparently optional recognition has gone away. I think optional recognition was a great thing we had going.

I put alot of time into my roleplay and strategic planning, and dont really want to get rubbed out by a button pusher with zerg fleets and pure attrition.

Edited by Tywin Lannister