A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300400742' post='2668308']
NPO already surrendered to us in a completely different war that happened two years ago? This changes everything!
[/quote]
Sigh....are you still holding a straight face while you stand next to your "allies" in FAN? :mellow:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]For NPO, and for many of us in this coalition, we see no reason to "buy" a peace by fulfilling terms, when there is no guarantee that you won't just attack us out of the blue again like you did in this war. [/quote]

There's never a guarantee. NPO proved that when they attacked FAN. Enjoy perma-war.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300401135' post='2668321']
Sigh....are you still holding a straight face while you stand next to your "allies" in FAN? :mellow:
[/quote]
Yeah those two are exactly the same. FAN complied to the terms and were still attacked during them, NPO were attacked a year after the terms had expired. It's like I'm reliving history!

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300401124' post='2668320']
Well for starters, terms that I am fairly certain it is a violation of divine law to demand (And I have been encouraging my friend Schattenmann to go to the realm of the divine with that charge). But besides that, an assumed half billion in reps (Given that the play is possibly a violation of divine law) from a 20 man alliance that has been ravaged by war? You can't possibly mean to tell me that that number is at all reasonable.
[/quote]

Right so Half a billion in reps. Has that been negotiated? i.e. counter offers and such? I genuinely didn't know what terms were offered so don't take this as a jab as it is not meant to be, I was curious. I think that may be a bit high for an alliance that has been smashed to bits. But again it would depend if it was payable by allies or friends. If it is then its within reach. Depending on how good your negotiating skills were and how you entered against us and how good a friends you have.

War is not fair nor is it meant to be.

Thanks for answering my question, I'm sure if there are any discrepancies some fellow goons will clear it up for me.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300399427' post='2668247']
Still waiting on a reply from anyone in GOONS, or hell, anyone in Doomhouse. Anyone? Anyone at all? Or are you acknowledging my statements as true?
[/quote]
You're not worth replying to for argument sake since you just like to continue to spout the same nonsense regardless of what previous arguments have brought to light (as I demonstrated in my post). You don't need to bump your posts for attention.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1300401251' post='2668324']
There's never a guarantee. Enjoy perma-war.
[/quote]
This is why I detest being compared to you. In one line, you successfully collapsed the entire charade your side was attempting to construct. It takes a special level of stupidity to achieve that.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300401514' post='2668334']
Clearly Penkala speaks for the entirety of DH, GTFO with that line of thought.
[/quote]

Never said he did. Penkala isn't even a member of a DH alliance. I just appreciate the general honesty from members of the other side.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300401332' post='2668328']
Yeah those two are exactly the same. FAN complied to the terms and were still attacked during them, NPO were attacked a year after the terms had expired. It's like I'm reliving history!
[/quote]

So let me get this straight...you think its ok for an alliance to be attacked under a whim, but its not ok to attack an alliance under terms when they break them? I seriously think you need to re-evaluate your conceptions on morality but I'll leave that up to you, I have bigger fish to fry.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300401705' post='2668340']
Never said he did. Penkala isn't even a member of a DH alliance. I just appreciate the general honesty from members of the other side.
[/quote]

So it was a thick comment to make that holds no relevance to anything, thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300401124' post='2668320']
Well for starters, terms that I am fairly certain it is a violation of divine law to demand (And I have been encouraging my friend Schattenmann to go to the realm of the divine with that charge). But besides that, an assumed half billion in reps (Given that the play is possibly a violation of divine law) from a 20 man alliance that has been ravaged by war? You can't possibly mean to tell me that that number is at all reasonable.
[/quote]
You do realize that Sardonic refuted the claim of a half billion in reps, right? Oh wait... let continue using a fraudulent claim because it puts GOONS in a bad light. Good job, HoT.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300401401' post='2668329']
Depending on how good your negotiating skills were and [b]how you entered against us[/b] and how good a friends you have.
[/quote]

I thought everyone was getting reps besides NPO, regardless of if they went in on a defensive or aggressive war.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300401705' post='2668340']
[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300398560' post='2668216']
[b]We're not interested in Eternal war with NPO. We are more than willing to negotiate with them to a fair compromise. Eternal war is something that nobody deserves, there should always be a clear path to peace.[/b]
[/quote]

I mean, Sardonic put it in black and white. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1300401828' post='2668344']
You do realize that Sardonic refuted the claim of a half billion in reps, right? Oh wait... let continue using a fraudulent claim because it puts GOONS in a bad light. Good job, HoT.
[/quote]

So everything he said was complete twaddle then and no 500 million was asked for, HoT you got me good, I had a moment of weakness and thought you might actually not embellish the truth. shame on you!

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300401401' post='2668329']
Right so Half a billion in reps. Has that been negotiated? i.e. counter offers and such? I genuinely didn't know what terms were offered so don't take this as a jab as it is not meant to be, I was curious. I think that may be a bit high for an alliance that has been smashed to bits. But again it would depend if it was payable by allies or friends. If it is then its within reach. Depending on how good your negotiating skills were and how you entered against us and how good a friends you have.

War is not fair nor is it meant to be.

Thanks for answering my question, I'm sure if there are any discrepancies some fellow goons will clear it up for me.
[/quote]
A lengthy attempt at negotiation was made, but GOONS refused to entertain any offer that did not include at least a ten page play (They were aiming for twenty). So, naturally, it's impossible to get at the numerical aspect of the terms if GOONS refuses to get past that.

Further, the suggestion that others could pay it is a suggestion of charging NPO reps via proxy. CoJ's only treaty tie is through us, 64Digits, and our 6 man AA certainly wouldn't be able to help with that number even were we willing to reward GOONS for their war.

I'm glad to be of assistance, Re: clearing up information on the CoJ terms.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300401786' post='2668343']
So it was a thick comment to make that holds no relevance to anything, thanks for clearing that up.
[/quote]

Of course its relevant. It's a post by a VE member on the topic of permawar. We've been posting about permawar for about 50 pages now. Surely you couldn't be suggesting this whole topic is irrelevant and this is all just a cheap PR move by DoomHouse?

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300401866' post='2668345']
I thought everyone was getting reps besides NPO, regardless of if they went in on a defensive or aggressive war.
[/quote]

Come now Thrash, this has been covered, reps would depend on how you entered v us and how quick you surrender to the might of DH. This will dictate how much the bill is.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300401987' post='2668349']
A lengthy attempt at negotiation was made, but GOONS refused to entertain any offer that did not include at least a ten page play (They were aiming for twenty). So, naturally, it's impossible to get at the numerical aspect of the terms if GOONS refuses to get past that.

Further, the suggestion that others could pay it is a suggestion of charging NPO reps via proxy. CoJ's only treaty tie is through us, 64Digits, and our 6 man AA certainly wouldn't be able to help with that number even were we willing to reward GOONS for their war.

I'm glad to be of assistance, Re: clearing up information on the CoJ terms.
[/quote]
It is humorous in the fact that some how you're the "expert" on the CoJ terms when you're not in CoJ.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300401998' post='2668351']
Of course its relevant. It's a post by a VE member on the topic of permawar. We've been posting about permawar for about 50 pages now. Surely you couldn't be suggesting this whole topic is irrelevant and this is all just a cheap PR move by DoomHouse?
[/quote]

Read your original comment.

Penkala does not speak for DH
Penakala holds no membership in DH
It wont be perma war because you will accept terms, negotiated or not to your liking.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300401960' post='2668348']
So everything he said was complete twaddle then and no 500 million was asked for, HoT you got me good, I had a moment of weakness and thought you might actually not embellish the truth. shame on you!
[/quote]
My words were accurate considering the fact that it is probably against divine law to demand the play GOONS so desperately want. Perhaps not if it is an optional exercise, but then we must assume the half billion that were demanded are to be paid in full, in the absence of a reduction for forced literary work.

I have looked over the entire log of negotiations between Schattenmann and his opponents. I stand by my words as accurate, and implore my detractors to prove otherwise.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300401721' post='2668341']
So let me get this straight...you think its ok for an alliance to be attacked under a whim, but its not ok to attack an alliance under terms when they break them? I seriously think you need to re-evaluate your conceptions on morality but I'll leave that up to you, I have bigger fish to fry.
[/quote]
Yes I think it's worse to promise an alliance peace and then break the promise on a whim than to attack an alliance on a whim. I don't really want a reevaluate that standpoint. How exactly does promising peace before attacking on a whim make it better?