Peace in our Time

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300218751' post='2665729']
Point taken. I didn't know you two had a history. I was personally more insulted that a Beavis and Butthead reference failed to amuse anybody. Come on, you didn't think it was funny when he called RV a joke? :P
[/quote]

I'm not knocking beavis and butt head, settle down I'm not mad. I am knocking his delivery.

If I was 6 years old maybe.

Edit in: I have zero history with him, I just think he ranks alongside the usual fruit loops that are not funny.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300218751' post='2665729']
Point taken. I didn't know you two had a history. I was personally more insulted that a Beavis and Butthead reference failed to amuse anybody. Come on, you didn't think it was funny when he called RV a joke? :P
[/quote]

ChairmanHal was the only person juvenile enough to gasp at the word 'dong' and feel he had to do something about it. His 'mirror' bit was massively cliche....just another piece of borrowed wit someone else had the capacity to create on their own, probably in or around the 1950's.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300219975' post='2665743']
ChairmanHal was the only person juvenile enough to gasp at the word 'dong' and feel he had to do something about it. His 'mirror' bit was massively cliche....just another piece of borrowed wit someone else had the capacity to create on their own, probably in or around the 1950's.
[/quote]

But that's what makes it so funny.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300221535' post='2665762']
But that's what makes it so funny.
[/quote]

Perhaps I'm not understanding you, then. What's funny here....the content, or the fact that he's even trying?

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300222187' post='2665770']
Basically option number two. The fact that it was directed at RV helped.
[/quote]

Confusion gone. I'm glad we share the same opinion.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300218382' post='2665723']
No, I'm just pointing out his complete lack of humour and his lack of ability to be funny, If he had a track record of posting amusing posts or even slightly amusing stuff my opinion would be very different. I have never seen him post anything remotely funny hence why nothing he posts would ever make me laugh as he lacks the ability to do so. I find plenty folks from their side funny and I will openly laugh at pretty much most of RV's posts along with others. Yes you got me I'm a Doomhouse fan boy. How astute of you to catch onto that. Biased, yea I'm certainly that as well. But I do laugh at jokes that are funny and come across as funny, and he failed on both levels with this one. You obviously do not know me very well, I would have laughed more if it was insulting. At least then I may have seen something creative and found it amusing.[/quote]

You're WAY too wordy, sweetheart...and that's coming from someone who is far too wordy.

But it's not like [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99796&view=findpost&p=2664809"]I was parodying someone else's lame attempt at humor[/url].

Oh wait, yes I was.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300225902' post='2665825']
You're WAY too wordy, sweetheart...and that's coming from someone who is far too wordy.

But it's not like [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99796&view=findpost&p=2664809"]I was parodying someone else's lame attempt at humor[/url].

Oh wait, yes I was.
[/quote]
You need to use words with less than three syllables, otherwise they will never understand you. Kudos on that mirror post though, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. :lol1:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300214587' post='2665681']
While I'll admit that's a good insult, and quite sharp, it still doesn't make that joke funny. Nor have you succeeded in getting under my skin (an impossible task). Though it would seem, however, that I have gotten under yours. I fail to see what reason you would otherwise have for feeling the need for such snarky commentary. But for this I would declare you the winner if this were the sixth grade lunchroom.[/quote]

The terms are crap, GOONS doesn't need the reparations, nor merits them, and The Last Republic managed to get out of the war they do so with a significant burden for an alliance their size, placed there by people who should be bleeding more in the current conflict.

No, snarky and/or low brow humor is all this thread merits.

Oh wait, yes I was.
[/quote]

Wow, I burst out into a fit of laughter. You're pretty funny, was that sarcastic enough for you? Stick to being annoying and posting tripe, it suits you better. Also you would be the first person ever to call me wordy. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300214345' post='2665678']
Well, I guess I should bow before the man who knows a joke when he sees one. Of course you see a joke whenever you look in the mirror, so it comes naturally to you.
[/quote]

Hal, you know what people were saying about your previous comment not being funny? You're 0 for 2 here.

Oh wait, yes I was.
[/quote]

how is your post a parody of the one you linked to?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300226478' post='2665833']
The terms are crap, GOONS doesn't need the reparations, nor merits them, and The Last Republic managed to get out of the war they do so with a significant burden for an alliance their size, placed there by people who should be bleeding more in the current conflict.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You think I believe TLR deserves to pay reps? You're mistaken. I oppose all reps. But they should have known what to expect going into this. So if they didn't, their fault. No verbs will change the fact. Maybe some day they can collect on GOONS with interest. I can only hope.

Also, yes, if your humor were funny I'd agree. Mock the reps as much as you want. At least try to be funny though.[/color]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300226478' post='2665833']

[/quote]

Deal with it.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300226214' post='2665828']
You need to use words with less than three syllables, otherwise they will never understand you. Kudos on that mirror post though, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. :lol1:
[/quote]
Put down the thesaurus. Flipping through, finding the biggest word that is even tangentially related to the conversation, and using it doesn't make you smart. Of course... anything you say doesn't make you smart. Maybe you should keep quiet and let the adults talk.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1300229337' post='2665868']
Put down the thesaurus. Flipping through, finding the biggest word that is even tangentially related to the conversation, and using it doesn't make you smart. Of course... anything you say doesn't make you smart. Maybe you should keep quiet and let the adults talk.
[/quote]
Your half right about one thing, its not what I say that makes me smart, its what I don't say that does. Maybe I should dust off that thesaurus though, expand my vocabulary somewhat.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300229551' post='2665872']
Your half right about one thing, its not what I say that makes me smart, its what I don't say that does. Maybe I should dust off that thesaurus though, expand my vocabulary somewhat.
[/quote]
It won't help with your lack of intelligence, but don't give up, tough guy! ;)

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300229551' post='2665872']
[b]Your[/b] half right about one thing, its not what I say that makes me smart, its what I don't say that does. Maybe I should dust off that thesaurus though, expand my vocabulary somewhat.
[/quote]

Might want to dust off those old English lessons, too. [b]You're [/b]forgetting a few other things.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1300229854' post='2665880']
Might want to dust off those old English lessons, too. [b]You're [/b]forgetting a few other things.
[/quote]
Please, do tell what I can learn from a goon? I already know how to count to three by skipping two, so please share more.

[quote]It won't help with your lack of intelligence, but don't give up, tough guy! [/quote]

The only intelligence I am lacking in is the type conducted by espionage, but I'm curious to know, is that where goons gets theirs from?