Really, Methrage?

NOMNOMNOM

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1301939828' post='2684073']
but don't complain when you declare on someone and they spend the next month and a half tearing through your bottom tier.[/quote]
We're not complaining, and I'm not sure why you think we are. We were well aware that Methrage wouldn't be an easy target, but that is no reason not to attack him.

And that doesn't mean Nomnomnom can't voice his opinion about Methrage.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='FearUnited' timestamp='1301882547' post='2683717']
Actually, everytime you buy a nuke the price increase :lol1:
[/quote]
Except he doesn't really keep many in storage- buy launch buy launch.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1301945305' post='2684117']
[b]We're not complaining[/b], and I'm not sure why you think we are. We were well aware that Methrage wouldn't be an easy target, but that is no reason not to attack him.

And that doesn't mean Nomnomnom can't voice his opinion about Methrage.
[/quote]

I am, they're not. I stated such CLEARLY.

Will respond to whatever that wall of text is that methrage wrote later.

[quote name='NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM' timestamp='1301969756' post='2684404']
Except he doesn't really keep many in storage- buy launch buy launch.
[/quote]

And that's what was referred to earlier in the thread as, what was it? Oh yeah. Competence.

[i]Punctuation, how does it work? [/i]

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301885453' post='2683757']
I'm usually fighting 3-6 opponents, many of them with a huge infra advantage declaring down on me when my wars start. If you think I'm fighting at a huge advantage, you're wrong. I'm heavily outnumbered and it requires a lot of focus and not messing up in what I do to grind down the infra of those bigger than me so I can win ground attacks, which requires a lot of careful timing and usage of my money to have enough to buy the required nukes, keep my infra and tech high enough, pay my bills, as well as complete all the tech deals I do on time. If I don't check cybernation for just 1 day or am busy with something else on update it has big consequences when fighting so many opponents at once.

ODN has the advantage going by how many nations you have that can hit me anytime and that those fighting me can receive full aid without needing to use their slots sending tech out in return. It was fun fighting you, but you're just one of countless ODN nations I've fought with a lot more infra than me when the fight starts. If I don't nuke you guys down so your infra is lower than mine, then there is no way I can win ground attacks on more than one of my many opponents I lose deployed troops attacking.

Rather than complain about being attacked by an alliance way larger than mine or that I'm being outnumbered, I decided to fight you guys the best I can and try to exceed all your expectations you had when declaring considering how much ODN was complaining about Legion not giving you guys a good fight.

While others you declared on late into war complained that you guys were attacking those engaged in an outnumbered war already and way smaller than you guys, I welcomed ODN to the fight and said I looked forward to the destroying you guys on the battlefield. If you guys are going to complain that Legion wasn't putting up enough of a fight as you declare on several alliances way smaller than you, don't complain when one of those small alliances decides put up a fight and accuse me of picking on nations smaller than me when that's what you guys have done from the start in this.
[/quote]

Holy WoT batman!

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1301970902' post='2684411']
And that's what was referred to earlier in the thread as, what was it? Oh yeah. Competence.

[i]Punctuation, how does it work? [/i]
[/quote]

The person who I quoted has none, which is why I mentioned it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301885453' post='2683757']
I'm usually fighting 3-6 opponents, many of them with a huge infra advantage declaring down on me when my wars start. If you think I'm fighting at a huge advantage, you're wrong. I'm heavily outnumbered and it requires a lot of focus and not messing up in what I do to grind down the infra of those bigger than me so I can win ground attacks, which requires a lot of careful timing and usage of my money to have enough to buy the required nukes, keep my infra and tech high enough, pay my bills, as well as complete all the tech deals I do on time. If I don't check cybernation for just 1 day or am busy with something else on update it has big consequences when fighting so many opponents at once.

ODN has the advantage going by how many nations you have that can hit me anytime and that those fighting me can receive full aid without needing to use their slots sending tech out in return. It was fun fighting you, but you're just one of countless ODN nations I've fought with a lot more infra than me when the fight starts. If I don't nuke you guys down so your infra is lower than mine, then there is no way I can win ground attacks on more than one of my many opponents I lose deployed troops attacking.

Rather than complain about being attacked by an alliance way larger than mine or that I'm being outnumbered, I decided to fight you guys the best I can and try to exceed all your expectations you had when declaring considering how much ODN was complaining about Legion not giving you guys a good fight.

While others you declared on late into war complained that you guys were attacking those engaged in an outnumbered war already and way smaller than you guys, I welcomed ODN to the fight and said I looked forward to the destroying you guys on the battlefield. If you guys are going to complain that Legion wasn't putting up enough of a fight as you declare on several alliances way smaller than you, don't complain when one of those small alliances decides put up a fight and accuse me of picking on nations smaller than me when that's what you guys have done from the start in this.
[/quote]

I agree partially here. You do have to have all that focus and activity to fight so much. However, with the same amount of focus against you just as you used against the 6 nations that you're constantly fighting, I can say that it was basically trying to walk up a cliff for me. I logged in every day. 6/7 days, my soldier count was reduced to 0 and I lost around 250 infra those days. Meanwhile, I did around 20-30 infra in damage to you. You have the unfair advantage here in nukes as well as the focus you have. I have that focus too, but with your nukes, I can't win.

Edited by NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

[quote name='NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM' timestamp='1301976453' post='2684465']
I agree partially here. You do have to have all that focus and activity to fight so much. However, with the same amount of focus against you just as you used against the 6 nations that you're constantly fighting, I can say that it was basically trying to walk up a cliff for me. I logged in every day. 6/7 days, my soldier count was reduced to 0 and I lost around 250 infra those days. Meanwhile, I did around 20-30 infra in damage to you. You have the unfair advantage here in nukes as well as the focus you have. I have that focus too, but with your nukes, I can't win.
[/quote]

Then surrender now and stop *****ing.

[/quote]

You focus too much on your individual battle and not enough on the war. Nuker killing is possible, it is fun and it takes time. If i were you i would gird my lions and get to it, and have a blast with all the carnage. Your nation and its people are mere resources and cannon fodder, the sooner you realise that, the sooner you will start on the road to victory. Of course you and your fellow ODNistas will get their nations wrecked, but so will your enemy, eventually, if you keep at it long enough. Remember you are supposed to have more funds available to you than him and you can keep on dipping into the kitty as often as you want, with impunity. Keep going back in. Oh and before the next big one, get your nukes and bring them to the party. Much bigger boom that way.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1302043791' post='2685017']
I'm curious to compare the time the war lived to the time this discussion has lived. Was it just one round or re-declared?

btw 10/10 will read again.
[/quote]

Wonderboy is not currently fight meth, they went 2 rounds, interesting nation bio

"1 surrender, 4 deletions from the game caused. 50 Tech owed: Sunstar, teamdiscoverychannel, Lukelim, papakis, Enrigo Donkini, Vitsen, masterofwind. [b]13 Nukes NOM'd[/b]! "

I believe all 13 were from Meth, so he is bragging there, but whining here, the plot thickens...

The person who I quoted has none, which is why I mentioned it.

[/quote]

Stop complaining and surrender then if you cant win. Otherwise open wide and eat the nukes.

-omfg

I have that focus too, but with your nukes, I can't win.
[/quote]
Stop whining; he's going to be in permanent nuclear anarchy if you guys have any competence at all, and you're not. That means you guys just lose a bit of infra for each 7-day war, but there's no ruined collections.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302168390' post='2686093']he's going to be in permanent nuclear anarchy if you guys have any competence at all[/quote]

I'd love to hear how he's going to be in permanent nuclear anarchy. If anything it is the opposite.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1302157738' post='2686050']
Stop complaining and surrender then if you cant win. Otherwise open wide and eat the nukes.
[/quote]

That doesn't make sense. Just because he is complaining doesn't mean he wants to get out of the war. As you can see by his warscreen he's been happily keeping on fighting since this. If he really wanted to get out he could just have followed the latest fashion and gone in PM, but he didn't.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302243385' post='2686597']
I'd love to hear how he's going to be in permanent nuclear anarchy. If anything it is the opposite.
[/quote]
Because you guys are going to rotate small nations with nukes in to hit him every six days?

That's what a competent military does with a guy like methrage anyway.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302260363' post='2686696']
Because you guys are going to rotate small nations with nukes in to hit him every six days?

[/quote]
I really hope you're just messing with me.
But as it actually sounds like you are serious, this is for you:

[quote]You can declare war on anyone as long as 1) they are not designated as a peaceful nation and 2) they are within the 75% - 133% ration of your strength range or within 250+/250- rankings based on strength.[/quote]

Now compare our smallest nuclear nation to methrage. He has 7 times the NS and they are 6000 ranks apart.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302260363' post='2686696']

[/quote]

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1302272387' post='2686782']
I really hope you're just messing with me.
But as it actually sounds like you are serious, this is for you:

Now compare our smallest nuclear nation to methrage. He has 7 times the NS and they are 6000 ranks apart.
[/quote]

I guess the idea of a small enough nation with a manhattan project is too much for ODN military strategical brilliance? I mean methrage right now is small but when he was bigger you must have had somebody in range?

Edited by The Trail

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1302272877' post='2686788']
I guess the idea of a small enough nation with a manhattan project is too much for ODN military strategical brilliance? I mean methrage right now is small but when he was bigger you must have had somebody in range?
[/quote]

The claim was that he could be kept in permanent nuke anarchy.

And I'm sorry for not having a nuclear nation in range of 2.6k NS, but with nobody fighting back properly it's quite hard to get down there.

Furthermore none of that explains why nomnomnom shouldn't be allowed to complain. As long as he keeps on fighting, who cares? It's not like he is the only person on Bob that complains.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302307620' post='2687150']
Sell infra.
[/quote]
I'm actually nearing ZI, it's that pesky tech :P

Having a nuclear nation sell down to 3.5k NS does a lot more "damage" than methrage can ever do down there.
We knew what we were getting into with methrage. It's not an ideal situation, but that won't stop us. While we cannot nuke him we can still fight him through conventional means, and considering his current state I'd say we've done ok. In the end that's what this is about, blowing each other up.

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1302386025' post='2687575']
So tl;dr, you suck and are getting wtfpwnt? Sucks to be you

....[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Making fun of the military abilities of a nation that's a fraction of your age and has 6 times as many casualties.

Well, do whatever makes you feel :smug: about yourself...

I enjoyed this thread immensely.

A nation who bragged about his enemies deleting during the war crying about being nuked by an enemy who received aid. Too funny. Throw in Timeline making an arse of himself as usual and I got one or two good laughs out of this discussion.

Thanks!

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1302395027' post='2687629']
I enjoyed this thread immensely.

A nation who bragged about his enemies deleting during the war crying about being nuked by an enemy who received aid. Too funny. Throw in Timeline making an arse of himself as usual and I got one or two good laughs out of this discussion.

Thanks!
[/quote]

It's the little things that keep us going sometimes :D